Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    My s8 just arrived and unboxing it now
    Let us know what you think! I like hearing good, genuine comparisons!
    05-15-2017 09:42 AM
    Well, initially it's what I expected as far as build....normal Samsung feels very plasticy , I'll be putting it in a case to protect it for sure. I've never been a fan of light devices as I always feel light means cheap components. But I will say the camera is crazy good. Spit screen is really nice for multitasking
    05-15-2017 12:01 PM
    Well, initially it's what I expected as far as build....normal Samsung feels very plasticy , I'll be putting it in a case to protect it for sure. I've never been a fan of light devices as I always feel light means cheap components. But I will say the camera is crazy good. Spit screen is really nice for multitasking
    I'm not going to tell you what you can feel or not, that's your opinion and I respect it, but come on, "Plasticy"...? I mean the phone is Metal and Crystal and it feels like it, my Orchid Grey looks just unbelievably great, I just get compliment after compliment from people that as soon as they see it they want to try it, and the first thing they told me is how great it looks and feel in the hand. I have the Samsung OEM Clear protective Case (Orchid Grey) and it's just barely there, it even enhances the feel in hand plus the back color also enhances the already great looking color.

I must say that the one color that didn't give me the best impression was the Black one, kind of like the way the iPhone Jet Black looks and feels, we can say feel like some kind of plastic, I think that it's just the extra painting coat on the borders.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-15-2017 12:12 PM
    I'm not going to tell you what you can feel or not, that's your opinion and I respect it, but come on, "Plasticy"...? I mean the phone is Metal and Crystal and it feels like it, my Orchid Grey looks just unbelievably great, I just get compliment after compliment from people that as soon as they see it they want to try it, and the first thing they told me is how great it looks and feel in the hand. I have the Samsung OEM Clear protective Case (Orchid Grey) and it's just barely there, it even enhances the feel in hand plus the back color also enhances the already great looking color.

I must say that the one color that didn't give me the best impression was the Black one, kind of like the way the iPhone Jet Black looks and feels, we can say feel like some kind of plastic, I think that it's just the extra painting coat on the borders.
    The appearance is stunning , no doubt it's metal...its the light weight thats throwing me off. The screen is beautiful. I assume the same screen that will be going into the new iPhone. The colour is phenomenal
    05-15-2017 12:16 PM
    Picking up a KEYone in a bit so it will be nice to compare the cameras on this device
    libra89 likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:09 PM
    Picking up a KEYone in a bit so it will be nice to compare the cameras on this device
    That's the one I want to hear about. I've been feeling Blackberry sentimental
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:15 PM
    I should have a fair amount of detail this week... ill post some picks of what I have going on later in the week....the suspense builds......
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:19 PM
    you don't hear about them because somehow they manage to get them hidden from Press or Online Blogs and Publications.
    Tinfoil is used to cover vegetables while cooking on the grill.
    Truman82 and reeneebob like this.
    05-15-2017 09:25 PM

The S8+ is made of aluminum and glass, but it does feel plasticy. I know because I had one for a week or so.
    05-15-2017 09:27 PM
    Tinfoil is used to cover vegetables while cooking on the grill.
    The difference between you and me is that I had the problem, I posted about the problem here, on the Apple forums and in other forums and blogs and then I posted the solution, I, myself found and if you don't want to believe that it was a huge problem, and it may still be if they haven't found the iCloud for Windows issue that was causing it, that's your problem. They are far, too far, from perfect, dozens and dozens of people posting, me too, and just telling their stories on getting new replacements just to get the same problem confirms it.

Now, the big question, have you read something about it? If you don't come to this forums, did you know about people having these huge battery drain issues? It's simple, no. Good for them, PR is great for business.
    05-15-2017 09:49 PM
    The S8+ is made of aluminum and glass, but it does feel plasticy. I know because I had one for a week or so.
    You had one for a week and I still have mine and no, it doesn't​ feel plasticy, my iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black did feel plasticy, and guess what? Who cares? What is important is that is made of metal.
    05-15-2017 09:51 PM
    I've solely been using either an s8 or s8+ since launch day. In no way does this phone feel plasticky. I know it's just my opinion though. To me it's the best feeling smartphone ever and by far. There isn't even a close 2nd.
    05-15-2017 10:18 PM
    You had one for a week and I still have mine and no, it doesn't​ feel plasticy, my iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black did feel plasticy, and guess what? Who cares? What is important is that is made of metal.
    The jet black felt like a 5c. And I did have a jet black 7 for quite awhile. But your right, who cares.
    05-15-2017 10:20 PM
    I've solely been using either an s8 or s8+ since launch day. In no way does this phone feel plasticky. I know it's just my opinion though. To me it's the best feeling smartphone ever and by far. There isn't even a close 2nd.
    Honestly I think it is the weight that makes people think this. There is no doubt that the phone is metal....but I really wish Samsung would make a device that feels like you are holding something solid. Don't get me....ive been messing around with this thing for 11 hours now and I really like it. I just wish there was a little more weight to it
    05-15-2017 10:49 PM
    Honestly I think it is the weight that makes people think this. There is no doubt that the phone is metal....but I really wish Samsung would make a device that feels like you are holding something solid. Don't get me....ive been messing around with this thing for 11 hours now and I really like it. I just wish there was a little more weight to it
    I'm glad it weighs what it does. The iPhone 7 plus is a tank and my biggest gripe was it's too wide in hand and way too heavy.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-15-2017 11:07 PM
    I'm glad it weighs what it does. The iPhone 7 plus is a tank and my biggest gripe was it's too wide in hand and way too heavy.
    I much prefer a phone with more weight, that might sound silly but I guess my head the heavier the more durable (I know that's not 100% true but in my head it is lol).

And ya, it's the extremely light weight of the S8 that gives the impression of plasticy although we know it isn't.
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-16-2017 05:27 AM
    Nah! I'm content with my iPhone.
    I had the 8+ for a few weeks and it really is a beautiful phone. The screen is second to none. The camera is also very good (not as good as the 7+). I like everything about the phone except the price. I would love to keep it as a back up phone, but that is too expensive to keep unless it is your daily driver.

I have a LG Stylo 2 as my back-up Android toy and it is pretty good and it was $99.. Spending top dollar on a Flagship Android doesn't make sense to me. The resale stinks and you know 6 months down the road the lag sets in and the phone will slow down to a crawl. Long Term investment, The Iphone is the only way to go.
    Just_Me_D and Truman82 like this.
    05-16-2017 06:25 AM
    Played with one yesterday and for the life of me I have no idea what this distortion that people talk about on the sides is. It is really a nice looking phone. And the guy showed me like 3 quick features that my 7 Plus doesn't have that I completely drooled over lol. It's a nice phone. A very nice phone. May have to grab one as a second device.
    05-16-2017 10:39 AM
    If I'm being completely honest...I couldn't care less. Lol.

That's just me personally. If the phone works and does what I need it to do, I don't care what tests and papers say. Nor do I care if my phone is more powerful than my neighbors phone. As long as my needs are met, I'm good.
    Then why would you not spend two or three hundred for a device which rocks the stats list like some Android devices?
    05-16-2017 01:23 PM
    I had the S8+ for a few weeks and here are my reasons for switching back to iOS.

-S8 lags like crazy even performing simple tasks. Not much installed, Instagram, Reddit, and Amazon (usual stuff) and I disabled most of the bloat, still lagged.
    -Bixby is useless. Literally useless. I hit that damn button so many times trying to turn the volume down that it was a key reason to get rid of it. Hit that button and get ready to wait 2-3 seconds before you can use your phone again.
    -Fingerprint sensor placement wasn't a huge issue for me actually, it was the size and functionality. It usually took 2-3 times for it to register my finger.
    -Messaging is a huge part of my phone experience and the messaging app on the S8 is meh. I understand I can change it, but it still doesn't help the fact that it's meh. SMS in general is terrible and sending videos or pics via SMS is like sending a letter in the mail every time you want to talk to someone not near you.
    -Camera experience is a bit difficult to get used to. Swiping to get to the front camera is awesome and a feature I wish Apple would implement but having to swipe, then search, then tap on which camera mode you want to use isn't very intuitive.
    -Apple Watch is still king. The S3 is a good watch, and I am now so used to having a smart watch that it is somewhat of a necessity for me on my smartphone. The S3 has great battery life and a good form factor...and that is all. No app support, band switching is incredibly difficult compared to Apple's method, and it doesn't do much beyond notification and health controls. The speaker is hella loud though.

All of these things, and a few more, made me come back as I knew I would but hey, now it's out of my system.
    05-16-2017 02:00 PM
    Then why would you not spend two or three hundred for a device which rocks the stats list like some Android devices?
    Which Android devices?
    05-16-2017 02:13 PM
    Which Android devices?
    I'd look at the Moto G5 Plus ($299) and the HTC One M9 ($209), but the Android woods are full of quality devices at a fraction of the prices we're used to on our island. I daydreamed about taking a Moto G from Costco because you can take it back if it don't satisfy.
    05-16-2017 05:54 PM
    As good as the S8 is, the pull of the ecosystem is too big to switch at the first opportunity. I'm going to wait for the 8 before I really consider going to the dark side.
    05-16-2017 06:20 PM
    The difference between you and me is that I had the problem, I posted about the problem here, on the Apple forums and in other forums and blogs and then I posted the solution, I, myself found and if you don't want to believe that it was a huge problem, and it may still be if they haven't found the iCloud for Windows issue that was causing it, that's your problem. They are far, too far, from perfect, dozens and dozens of people posting, me too, and just telling their stories on getting new replacements just to get the same problem confirms it.

Now, the big question, have you read something about it? If you don't come to this forums, did you know about people having these huge battery drain issues? It's simple, no. Good for them, PR is great for business.
    "tons and tons of people"

-- provides no evidence.

Um, okay.
    05-16-2017 06:51 PM
    "tons and tons of people"

-- provides no evidence.

Um, okay.
    You can keep trying to come at me at every single of my posts simply because I called you out on one of your dozens and dozens of posts over Android Central just saying the same, again and again, but by just trying to discredit my posts that are easily proven by simply checking my threads and posts, just make you look childish. I expect a lot more from another Trusted Member of this community, I mean, as far as I know, that title that we both share, should means something, don't you think?

Do a Google search for iPhone Battery drain, or Battery Standby and Battery usage the same or simply do it directly here on this same forum and on the Apple Support forums and you'll find your evidence. But, here is one of my threads and another one with similar issues. But hey, go the Apple forums and see the huge amount of people with the same issues I had, some of them with 3 of 4 replacements already and the problem was keep coming. I had 3 myself and it wasn't until I found the culprit it was going to keep coming. I'll tell you a secret, yes I was offered a reward for that, you know what was that, 1 BT headphones, not even the recently released Airport, cheap dudes...

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-7-plu...ml#post2887782

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-7-plu...ml#post2891036

*Edit* knowing that you won't even check, here are just 2 of the threads over the Apple Support community that I participated, no need to bring over the ones I created there because what was said on those was the same that I posted here on the iMore threads.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7706356

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7692925

One more thing, my handle over there is desiadri not erasat.
    Last edited by erasat; 05-16-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    05-16-2017 07:50 PM
497 ... 1314151617 ...