Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Speaking of fragile, this just happened.

Attachment 118225
    I can't say that I'm surprised. I almost broke the Sim tray on my S8+ a few weeks ago.
    05-13-2017 11:33 AM
    Great photo by the way. May I ask which camera was used to take that photo?
    Shot taken with the iPhone 7 plus
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-13-2017 11:52 AM
    Holy moly! Is that the SIM card tray for a S8?
    Yes it is. Tried popping out the sim tray only to find it cracked.
    05-13-2017 11:53 AM
    Shot taken with the iPhone 7 plus
    Nice...
    05-13-2017 11:53 AM
    Yes it is. Tried popping out the sim tray only to find it cracked.
    Holy moly. That stinks! Are you having it replaced?
    05-13-2017 12:39 PM
    So stupid why would they make something like that out of plastic?! It's something that you will be taking out a few times throughout ownership. Every phone I've owned it's been metal. Stupid Samsung!
    Spencerdl and libra89 like this.
    05-13-2017 01:00 PM
    Maybe we aren't skeptics and don't prefer a curved display with an odd ratio which isn't universally supported (maybe down the road it will but not now).
    There is no issue with the screen ratio. Everything on the phone works perfectly, including video, using the 2:1 ratio. It's very close to 16:9 and as such very little changes. I am not sure if you actually owned and used the phone for a while, but if you did you would very likely agree with me. I can see that the screen curves can be an annoyance for some but again, as someone who owns both, and has also owned the Note5, S7 Edge, Note7, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, and now S8+ and iPhone 7 Plus I can certainly say that Samsung has evolved their use of curves substantially. They are much tighter now and don't really interfere with use. This was the case on the Note7 and continues to the S8 series.
    05-13-2017 03:34 PM
    There is no issue with the screen ratio. Everything on the phone works perfectly, including video, using the 2:1 ratio. It's very close to 16:9 and as such very little changes. I am not sure if you actually owned and used the phone for a while, but if you did you would very likely agree with me. I can see that the screen curves can be an annoyance for some but again, as someone who owns both, and has also owned the Note5, S7 Edge, Note7, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, and now S8+ and iPhone 7 Plus I can certainly say that Samsung has evolved their use of curves substantially. They are much tighter now and don't really interfere with use. This was the case on the Note7 and continues to the S8 series.
    I never said there was an issue with the ratio, I just don't like it. I used the S8 for a couple of hours total, not my personal so my wife experience is purely just fooling around. I don't like the curve screen, even when I was going between the S6 and edge, I decided on standard as I wasn't a fan and after a few years now I'm still not a fan. If I had the opportunity to use as many devices as you have maybe I tone would be different, but that's not my situation.

With that said, some of us may not be skeptics and just not a fan.
    dejanh likes this.
    05-13-2017 04:29 PM
    This is good to hear. I had both the S7 Edge and Note 7 and the Note 7 was a huge improvement with the curved screen. I have not tried the S8 long enough to really form an opinion on the screen ratio but I'm glad to hear your view. I wish I could spend a week or two with the S8. I have a feeling I will bite the bullet and spend some time with the Note 8 when it comes out.
    dejanh likes this.
    05-13-2017 05:13 PM
    It would have to Free for me to own a Samsung phone again and then i would sell it
    05-13-2017 05:45 PM

I wish Tapatalk would fix this
    05-14-2017 08:37 AM
    Holy moly! Is that the SIM card tray for a S8?
    The sim card/sd card tray is flimsy as well
    05-14-2017 08:38 AM
    Yeah. I've always been annoyed that Samsung hasn't upgraded the sim tray to a metal one of some sort
    05-14-2017 08:50 AM
    Me too. It's very irritating. Seems very random too.
    05-14-2017 11:58 AM
    Agreed!!!
    05-14-2017 12:02 PM
    Yeah. I've always been annoyed that Samsung hasn't upgraded the sim tray to a metal one of some sort
    Is there something wrong with having hard plastic?

I can't say for others but, the only time I ever touch my SIM card tray is when I get a new phone and I'm putting in the new SIM card. I might touch it again if for some reason I'm switching operators. So whether it's plastic or metal, doesn't matter that much to me.

What would having a metal one improve on? 😃 I think it's just a cost cutting area for Samsung that customers would really notice.
    05-14-2017 12:51 PM
    Is there something wrong with having hard plastic?

I can't say for others but, the only time I ever touch my SIM card tray is when I get a new phone and I'm putting in the new SIM card. I might touch it again if for some reason I'm switching operators. So whether it's plastic or metal, doesn't matter that much to me.

What would having a metal one improve on? I think it's just a cost cutting area for Samsung that customers would really notice.
    For the awkward people with bad finger dexterity that can't handle an SD card and a SIM card in the same tray without one popping out and getting hung up on the way in. For me, I'd appreciate a metal one more. It just feels a lot less fragile to me. I've never broken one, but there's been times I've been worried about it
    05-14-2017 02:42 PM
    It's not Tapatalk. It's a known iOS issue. It pulls just fine on Tapatalk on android.
    05-14-2017 05:43 PM
    For the awkward people with bad finger dexterity that can't handle an SD card and a SIM card in the same tray without one popping out and getting hung up on the way in. For me, I'd appreciate a metal one more. It just feels a lot less fragile to me. I've never broken one, but there's been times I've been worried about it
    Once you snap the SD card onto the tray, it's not going anywhere. If you didn't hear the click then it's not properly inserted. Then you put sim and insert. It's very simple.
    Last edited by Garz; 05-14-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    05-14-2017 05:47 PM
    It's not Tapatalk. It's a known iOS issue. It pulls just fine on Tapatalk on android.
    Be nice to get it corrected. It's been happening for too long.
    05-14-2017 06:35 PM
    Be nice to get it corrected. It's been happening for too long.
    Yeah it's been around awhile. Can't remember if it was 10.3 or 10.2 it started.
    05-14-2017 06:54 PM
    So stupid why would they make something like that out of plastic?! It's something that you will be taking out a few times throughout ownership. Every phone I've owned it's been metal. Stupid Samsung!
    They wanted to save 2 cents on a $800 phone.
    05-14-2017 08:58 PM
    Battery life is nice on droid till that one rogue app. Apple has banned entry from such battery hogs mostly. (Xcept Facebook lol)
    05-15-2017 03:08 AM
    Battery life is nice on droid till that one rogue app. Apple has banned entry from such battery hogs mostly. (Xcept Facebook lol)
    Then you haven't read my threads months ago about the horrible battery drain I had and hundreds of people posting on the same threads on different forums with the same issue.

To give you a summary, Apple should have paid me (maybe give me some upcoming iPhones for free for a couple of years), do you know how many phones were replaced because of this? the amount of time they spent giving support to those customers. Somehow I managed to found the culprit and once I notified them they acknowledge it and told me that they were going to fix it. The issue was the iCloud for Windows application installed as an optional component during the iTunes installation. After more than a month with the issue, 3 different phones and hundreds and hundreds of minutes on the phone with Apple Care, by uninstalling iCloud for Windows the problem was fixed.

But, just saying, some iPhone users still thinks that iPhones are perfect and don't suffer from issues seeing on Android, but man, yes they so have similar issues and things like this one you don't hear about them because somehow they manage to get them hidden from Press or Online Blogs and Publications.
    05-15-2017 09:15 AM
    My s8 just arrived and unboxing it now
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:18 AM
497 ... 1213141516 ...