This would be accurate a few years ago. Android is light years ahead of those days. I'm a fan of both and this is not a true or fair comparison. My Galaxy S8 and previous S7e were as stable or more than the experience I've had with my 7+ and my mom who knows zero about tech complains often about the bugs in ios at this time. Both are great operating systems and wonderful hardware, it's just a matter of likes and dislikes. But both are reliable and very consistent to a point. I'll likely preorder and get the iPhone 8 as Apple is my true love and the only tech products I stray away from the Applesphere is with my phone's when I get bored with Apple.
    05-05-2017 01:00 PM
    Did i forget to mention that this was entirely my opinion? I have had androids since the htc hero and, my wife has the galaxy 7 and, i have noticed a lot of the same things that turned me away. So i can say it is a true statement because it still have software negatives. Androids seem like the best thing since sliced bread in the beginning but, eventually it will start to slow up and lag.
    05-05-2017 01:07 PM
    I got my shipping email. Looks like I will receive my galaxy s8 on the 9th. I'll be anxiously counting the days
    05-05-2017 02:17 PM
    I have an Orchid Gray S8+ and iphone 7+ and Pixel XL.... I really like all 3 of them and switch back and forth between them....just pop in my sim and go.

They all have their pros and cons and pluses and minuses.
    I feel like being able to switch between Android and IOS is really the best of both worlds :-)
    blaine07 and libra89 like this.
    05-05-2017 03:23 PM
    I have an Orchid Gray S8+ and iphone 7+ and Pixel XL.... I really like all 3 of them and switch back and forth between them....just pop in my sim and go.

They all have their pros and cons and pluses and minuses.
    I feel like being able to switch between Android and IOS is really the best of both worlds :-)
    Doesn't iMessage cause conflict issues with SMS?
    05-05-2017 04:32 PM
    Doesn't iMessage cause conflict issues with SMS?
    I just make sure to sign out of imessage before i remove the sim and put it in another phone.
    chezm and 4mywife like this.
    05-05-2017 04:35 PM
    Just got the Galaxy S8+. Keeping my 7 Plus though. So far I think it is the best quality device Samsung has made. We'll see how it goes with time.
    chezm and blaine07 like this.
    05-05-2017 06:18 PM
    I just make sure to sign out of imessage before i remove the sim and put it in another phone.
    Ah wasn't aware of the new process, the last time I moved from iOS I had to remove my device from the servers and wait 45 days for iPhone users to get my text properly lol.
    05-05-2017 06:26 PM
    I upgraded to the galaxy S8 + day before yesterday. I admit it's a beautiful phone but, I just can't get used to android. I guess I'm stuck in the Apple ecosystem. I'm also weary of Samsung products after I had to return my Note 7. I'll be sticking with my iPhone 7 plus until I can pre-order my iPhone 8.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    05-05-2017 06:57 PM
    If I wanted to wade back into Android, I'd go with a google branded phone or maybe a BlackBerry. Those are the ones that seems to get regular updates. I have an unlocked S7, and still no update to Nougat (Smart Switch is still not showing it despite people saying it showed up last week). Plus, I'm lucky if I get quarterly security updates. If I went with a carrier branded version, there's so much added carrier junk. Can't do it.
    05-07-2017 08:16 PM
    iPhone 8 will be available in March 2018... In stores 🤣🤣
    05-07-2017 08:23 PM
    If I wanted to wade back into Android, I'd go with a google branded phone or maybe a BlackBerry. Those are the ones that seems to get regular updates. I have an unlocked S7, and still no update to Nougat (Smart Switch is still not showing it despite people saying it showed up last week). Plus, I'm lucky if I get quarterly security updates. If I went with a carrier branded version, there's so much added carrier junk. Can't do it.
    I had an s7 Edge from T-Mobile until I sold it after I got s8. It got Nougat a few months ago. Lol.
    05-07-2017 09:17 PM
    iPhone 8 will be available in March 2018... In stores 🤣🤣
    And I'll continue to enjoy for s8+ until then. Lol. Who knows when apple may release it. You hear a new rumor everyday. It goes back and forth.
    05-07-2017 09:20 PM
    And I'll continue to enjoy for s8+ until then. Lol. Who knows when apple may release it. You hear a new rumor everyday. It goes back and forth.
    It'll be released at normal time. Just backordered 😜😜
    05-07-2017 09:22 PM
    It'll be released at normal time. Just backordered 😜😜
    Probably. I really hope iOS 11 brings dark mode too. Just simple things that android can do that apple won't let you do has always bothered me.
    blaine07, ladyc0524 and jes1888 like this.
    05-07-2017 09:24 PM
    Probably. I really hope iOS 11 brings dark mode too. Just simple things that android can do that apple won't let you do has always bothered me. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea771936a8.jpg
    I think the opposite is true for me also. There's something's that iOS has done for a long time that Android still doesn't
    05-07-2017 10:13 PM
    I think the opposite is true for me also. There's something's that iOS has done for a long time that Android still doesn't
    I think what is bugging me most about Apple is not the OS. Even though I wish they would open it up more. But it's the hardware. I know that will change for iPhone 8. But the iPhone 7 and plus is behind the times for the most part. Not all of it but much of it. It just really hurt that they went with same design for 3 straight years. The screen is way behind the times. And those bezel. Geez.
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-07-2017 11:01 PM
    I think what is bugging me most about Apple is not the OS. Even though I wish they would open it up more. But it's the hardware. I know that will change for iPhone 8. But the iPhone 7 and plus is behind the times for the most part. Not all of it but much of it. It just really hurt that they went with same design for 3 straight years. The screen is way behind the times. And those bezel. Geez.
    I don't know why Apple decided to stay with this design for so long but it seems every year this happens the iPhone comes out in the fall which is a response to Samsung releasing their phone in the spring and then when the next Galaxy comes out "well oh the iPhone that's been out 7-8 months is so old hat now compared to the new Galaxy Sx whatever" I mean kind of hard to compare a new phone to one that's been out for 8 months.

The same will happen with the iPhone 8 once the S9 comes out.
    05-07-2017 11:29 PM
    I don't know why Apple decided to stay with this design for so long but it seems every year this happens the iPhone comes out in the fall which is a response to Samsung releasing their phone in the spring and then when the next Galaxy comes out "well oh the iPhone that's been out 7-8 months is so old hat now compared to the new Galaxy Sx whatever" I mean kind of hard to compare a new phone to one that's been out for 8 months.

The same will happen with the iPhone 8 once the S9 comes out.
    Last year the s7 edge was 5.5" but already had a lot less bezel than than the existing iPhones. So iPhone 7 plus came out 5 months later and that iPhone was much bigger in overall size. Huge. So making an excuse that it came out 8 months after 7 plus is not a good point. This has been something samsung has been working on trimming for years while apple has been stale on the same design forever. And in the technology age, 3 years is forever. And how about that iPhone 7 screen that has the same pixel density at the 2010 iPhone 4? 7 years now. It's all just excuses.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    05-07-2017 11:40 PM
    I gave the S8+ a second go but no. It will go back today. The only thing I like is the screen and minimal bezel. The software is still crap, the camera is not that much better if better at all. The audio is crap, both speaker and with headphones. It felt great a couple of days admiring the nice hardware. But using it is no joy. The iris scanner is so bad and the fingerprint reader is not that great besides the bad placement it has. Everything I do is slower on the S8 and more annoying to use. Great looking but that is all positive words I will give it after two weeks of use
    05-08-2017 06:25 AM
    I gave the S8+ a second go but no. It will go back today. The only thing I like is the screen and minimal bezel. The software is still crap, the camera is not that much better if better at all. The audio is crap, both speaker and with headphones. It felt great a couple of days admiring the nice hardware. But using it is no joy. The iris scanner is so bad and the fingerprint reader is not that great besides the bad placement it has. Everything I do is slower on the S8 and more annoying to use. Great looking but that is all positive words I will give it after two weeks of use
    I couldn't have said it better myself
    05-08-2017 06:45 AM
    I used my sisters S8 for an hour yesterday to goof around and while it's nice, to me it's not leagues and bounds ahead of the 7+. Benefits for me is the narrow design makes it easier to hold and the screen is sharper. Otherwise there were many things I considered my iPhone does better.

I get it, if I was a fan of this brand and 3 years counting it was the same design I'd get annoyed. But then again, I wouldn't buy the latest every year so doubt I'd suffer that problem. Does apple need a change? Sure, I can agree it does. But for a first time iPhone + user, I'm totally content with this current design and still much prefer the overall package I get with 7+ over S8/+
    Truman82 likes this.
    05-08-2017 07:28 AM
    LOL , I remember those days where I had to have the latest and greatest of everything. I once looked on my night stand and saw three smartphones, Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Apple iPhone 5s and said to myself..."REALLY?" I'm glad those days have since past.
    cwbcpa, jes1888 and mpshah like this.
    05-08-2017 08:47 AM
    Probably. I really hope iOS 11 brings dark mode too. Just simple things that android can do that apple won't let you do has always bothered me. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea771936a8.jpg
    This is the only reason that I haven't made the jump from my elite x3 to the 7+ I HATE white backgrounds on everything. I gave my mother as a gift a Samsung tablet and everything is white. Colorful, but white, my wife has an iPhone 6+ and it's a nice phone, but the whites are a no no for me. I barely tolerate them on my Air 2. I'll make the switch when they add a freaking dark mode, just like w10 mobile allows to choose between dark or light (white) mode. I know I'm missing a lot but the iPad's got me covered.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-08-2017 09:19 AM
    So, in your opinion, it's the number of changes that make one phone better than the other? Am I reading you correct?

I guess I look at actual use to determine what is better for me. The S8 is the prettier phone and has a higher screen to body ratio. No question. Beyond that, I don't know what the S8 is better at. I guess that was my original question. Beyond looks, what does the S8 do better than the 7 Plus? I am asking because I have not used one, not because I am trying to argue. For example, when I used the Note 7. I felt is was better than the 7 Plus in that it used the big screen better by providing the S-Pen functions and actual split screen. The S-Pen is a difference maker for me. I am not sure what that difference maker is with the S8.
    There's three forms of biometrics on the S8s--facial recognition, iris scanner, and fingerprint sensor. The iPhone 7 Plus only has the FPS. Samung Pay is also leaps and bounds better than Apple Pay because it uses MST technology. It can work on every single credit card terminal. It doesn't need an NFC terminal like Apple Pay. The screen resolution is also better on the S8s. QHD looks gorgeous compared to 1080.
    05-08-2017 09:59 AM
497 ... 89101112 ...