So how many times.......

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Have you dropped your iPhone, so far, with no damage?

Not to jinx anyone, but I think mine has hit the ground at least a dozen times from as high as my shoulders and as low as two feet and landed on front, back and corners.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Not my iPhone (although yea I have dropped it) but with my old iPad Air, I used to drop it ALL the time, no damage. I had this habit of using it on my couch at night, and I'm kinda old (over 50 anyways) and I would start to nod off and then the BOOM would wake me up and the iPad hit the floor, it didn't go far, was always ok, until that 1 time. I was like, well I can't type what I said on a family forum. ;) I was able to get it fixed, 3rd party repair and it was fine for about another year until the screen started getting wonky. I was STILL able to sell the device for about 100 dollars though, FULL disclosure of condition. :) Have an iPad Pro 9.7 now, and I baby it AND it has a smart cover!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I drop mine constantly...but bought a PopSocket that basically eliminates that issue for old small hands here. I have a PopSocket waiting for my S8/S8+ tomorrow as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 6s Plus in a restaurant on a hard tile floor face down. There was no damage, thanks to my Otterbox Commuter. I had no screen protector.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I refuse to respond with an answer on the grounds that I might jinx myself!!! Lol that should tell you right there :p

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you dropped your iPhone, so far, with no damage?

Not to jinx anyone, but I think mine has hit the ground at least a dozen times from as high as my shoulders and as low as two feet and landed on front, back and corners.

Yes, I have on a few occasions, but it's been a while. Still, dropping my iPhone is a rarity for me. Thankfully, there's no damage on it whatsoever.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't like to guess, it's almost a weekly occurrence. I always have it in a case now which helps with the anxiety of waiting to hear the thud on the ground :laughing:.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Dropped mine one time without a case on. Since 3 weeks I'm sporting my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold without a case. I had it in my front pocket of my jacket and forgot to zip it shut. As I bended it slipped out of it and I had 2 little scratches.
I used a soft nail file to smooth it out. I'm still using it without a case and haven't dropped it since.

4mywife

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I keep putting my iPhone 6 in my bank back pocket and then going to the bathroom and have bounced it off the rim of the seat onto the floor 5 times now. Watch I just jinxed it.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
3x so far

No damage with Otterbox Commuter Case and PureGear tempered glass protector

Still contemplating whether to get AppleCare+ since I'm within my 60 day purchase window

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't drop my phones very often and if I do it's not very far, usually on carpet and they have a case on them. I am very careful with all of my phones. I don't baby them necessarily, but I am very aware of where it is at all times so I don't accidentally drop it or knock it to the ground.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not my iPhone (although yea I have dropped it) but with my old iPad Air, I used to drop it ALL the time, no damage. I had this habit of using it on my couch at night, and I'm kinda old (over 50 anyways) and I would start to nod off and then the BOOM would wake me up and the iPad hit the floor, it didn't go far, was always ok, until that 1 time. I was like, well I can't type what I said on a family forum. ;) I was able to get it fixed, 3rd party repair and it was fine for about another year until the screen started getting wonky. I was STILL able to sell the device for about 100 dollars though, FULL disclosure of condition. :) Have an iPad Pro 9.7 now, and I baby it AND it has a smart cover!

The visual of this made me giggle. :D

Glad your new iPad is dressed appropriately now. :yes:

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 7 but last summer I dropped my 6S+ on the cement on my driveway. I have the phone in an Apple leather case. The phone landed on the bottom left corner and then fell face down. Picked up the phone and it was absolutely perfect with no damage. I have the same leather case on my 6+ and 6S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal