Traded in my iPhone 7 for 7 Plus

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Well as the title suggests this is the first time I've ever purchased a phone with a screen bigger than 5.2" it's definitely an adjustment lol I was wondering from others who have always had bigger sized phones what are some good apps that take advantage of the bigger screen? I mean truthfully as it stands its only been a few hours and the extra screen real estate is nice for gaming don't have to use my iPad anymore, but that's about it so far do you think picture in picture will ever make its way to the iPhone 7 Plus?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It will take some time to get used to, but I would never go back to a smaller device. I don't think they will bring P&P to iPhone Plus models, but possibly.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've been buying the Plus model since it was introduced and I can tell you bluntly that 3rd party developers haven't made apps to take advantage of the larger screen, in my opinion. Others might tell you different and give you names of a handful of apps though. All I've seen take advantage with landscape mode is Tweetbot, and it's not really that comfortable to use.

I'm about to go down a size and get 7 after much pondering. The Plus model is just getting more inconvenient for my daily life and how I use my phone.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 7 plus is too large of a phone for me . That's why I got the iPhone 7. NOw my S7 Edge has the same size screen as the 7 plus but is a lot smaller phone. Hopefully Apple will address these ridiculous sized bezels on the iPhone 8.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone 7 plus is too large of a phone for me . That's why I got the iPhone 7. NOw my S7 Edge has the same size screen as the 7 plus but is a lot smaller phone. Hopefully Apple will address these ridiculous sized bezels on the iPhone 8.

And how is the false touches going on your 7 edge? The new S8 plus is even taller than the 7 plus and because of the screen ratio even though its bigger in measurement usable screen is the same.
Give me bezels anyway.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
And how is the false touches going on your 7 edge? The new S8 plus is even taller than the 7 plus and because of the screen ratio even though its bigger in measurement usable screen is the same.
Give me bezels anyway.

Zero false touches. Maybe due to me having a case. Those bezels are hideous .

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I initially purchased an iPhone 7, but I wanted the bigger screen and larger battery.

Any app you use on the 7 Plus will great for the big screen! :)

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Give me bezels anyway.

Zero false touches. Maybe due to me having a case. Those bezels are hideous .

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies I've always been a smaller phone type of guy 4.7-5.2 is always what I've been using. Always said I don't want to ever go bigger than 5.2 but I got a crazy good deal for a trade so I took the chance to try it. I can see myself using my iPad pro a little less that's for sure.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I've always been a smaller phone type of guy 4.7-5.2 is always what I've been using
@TheUnknownUser how about this for change. i used to own a Blackberry Q5, which had a mighty 3.1" inch screen, now thats small haha. I recently upgraded to a 5.4" inch screen. Now thats a BIG change. I was also pretty skeptical about going for a larger screen but to be honest. 5.4" now seems perfect. Its still relatively compact and the larger screen real-estate really helps for browsing webpages. :)

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies I've always been a smaller phone type of guy 4.7-5.2 is always what I've been using. Always said I don't want to ever go bigger than 5.2 but I got a crazy good deal for a trade so I took the chance to try it. I can see myself using my iPad pro a little less that's for sure.

I've been there also wanting to try that bigger screen and the dual camera and I've tried the + version a few times but after a few days the size,weight just takes over and I want the smaller one again. So with that said I'm choosing the more pocket able (i7) device and holding out for the i8 and hoping for a 5 inch screen.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I have no issue with the size of the Plus (in fact, I went from the 5S to the 6 Plus, never tried the 4.7) but the bezels better shrink this year.

It's getting ridiculous.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I went from the 6 to 7 Plus and there was some adjustment. I could not use the 6 one handed so using the 7 Plus was just the same. It was nice though to have the larger screen. Sure made a difference for reading.

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
So just a quick update one thing I realized is the bezels are nice for bigger devices because for me the way I hold it, my hands cover the bezels and not the screen.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't like curved screens. I use screen protectors and they have not done well on curved screens. I also don't like how wonky a curved screen can behave. I had the issue with the S7 while I was temporarily using it

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR