Ghostek Cloak 2 Review (7 Plus)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Overview
First things first, be careful who you order the Ghostek Cloak 2 from. I first ordered one on New Years Day and two months later I never received it. I also bought it from a third party on Amazon, so after talking to Amazon and them giving me a refund, I ordered a new one and had it a few days later. The Cloak 2 is a little strange in that it’s a rounded case that feels very rectangular. I liked the look of the Cloak 2 while I was browsing Ghostek cases on their site and it didn’t quite live up to my expectations. It’s a clear case with a colored aluminum back frame. This makes the case very solid and accents the color of your phone. It also adds more weight than you would expect and it’s a noticeable amount. One of the things I do really like about the Cloak 2 is the raised edges on the front of the case. They are raised more than average cases and it doesn’t get in the way of usability while giving your screen a good deal of protection. The buttons on this case are stiffer than I would like and they are, however, still quite usable. The mute switch cutout is one cutout I’m not too fond of. It’s a well done cut out if a bit thin, this just makes it a little more difficult than average to access the mute switch. The only other gripe I have with the Cloak 2 is that the aluminum frame is a little sharp and that’s only noticeable because it doesn’t sit quite flush with the rest of the case. I’m not sure I would really trust the Cloak 2 to protect my phone from too many drops due to the added weight of the aluminum frame, it seems too much of the protection would be relying on the aluminum frame that is adding weight to the fall.

View attachment 117447

The Good
  • Raised edges for lay on table protection
  • Aluminum back frame
  • Cutouts are well done

The Bad
  • Heavier than average
  • Buttons are little stiff
  • Aluminum frame is little sharp and loose

View attachment 117448
View attachment 117449

Conclusion
I really can’t see a use for the Ghostek Cloak 2, unless you just want to add some weight to your phone and add an aluminum accent. There are better clear cases out there. You can find the Cloak 2 pretty cheap though, and for some of those prices, I would say go for it, it’s not a terrible case, it’s just a heavy really.

You can buy the Ghostek Cloak 2 from Amazon

Attachments

• DSC_0185.JPG
    DSC_0185.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0184.JPG
    DSC_0184.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0186.jpg
    DSC_0186.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts