Reception issues

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hope you get it worked out. 7 plus has much better reception for me than my Note 5 did. T mobile has been very good overall but I am dependent on wi-fi calling in my basement for any carrier (VZW, Tmob or ATT - had all three in the past here). You might try on the of the signal booster squares in the case between it and the phone? I don't know if they actually do anything but might be worth a shot if VZW can't help you out with your issue.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hope you get it worked out. 7 plus has much better reception for me than my Note 5 did. T mobile has been very good overall but I am dependent on wi-fi calling in my basement for any carrier (VZW, Tmob or ATT - had all three in the past here). You might try on the of the signal booster squares in the case between it and the phone? I don't know if they actually do anything but might be worth a shot if VZW can't help you out with your issue.

VZW has wifi calling as well, which is almost the only way I can use my phone at my house!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Probably just a coincidence, but I had very poor reception today on Verizon. I've never had someone tell me I was breaking up and I had 4 different people tell me that today. I did a soft reset but didn't have any long conversations after that so we will see how tomorrow goes.

I wonder about that. Phone is good today. But still going to have Apple check

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder about that. Phone is good today. But still going to have Apple check

It's probably a good idea to have it checked out. I have not had any issues after that one day. It probably had nothing to do with the phone in my case. It was probably something going on with Verizon. I can count on one hand the number of times that I've had a dropped call with Verizon over the years, but things can happen on any network.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Apple Store rep was great. Changed call voice settings on my phone. Made sure was backed up. Wasn't any issues when I changed SIM but glad I kept appt. Ran diagnostics and all is good with my phone.
I saw the dragon red and it's stunning. But I still love my rose gold and only would change if we're to upgrade to the 8. I am very content which is a good thing. I haven't been truly happy with a phone in a long time. With switching that changed. Loving Apple. No doubts

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Apple Store rep was great. Changed call voice settings on my phone. Made sure was backed up. Wasn't any issues when I changed SIM but glad I kept appt. Ran diagnostics and all is good with my phone.
I saw the dragon red and it's stunning. But I still love my rose gold and only would change if we're to upgrade to the 8. I am very content which is a good thing. I haven't been truly happy with a phone in a long time. With switching that changed. Loving Apple. No doubts

That's great news. Glad all is good. I'm with you. I'm really appreciating Apple more these days. That Samsung event didn't even make me blink. Well except to think about what Apple might do this fall.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Glad to hear it's working again. Do you know what specific settings was changed?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Just on cellular data and removed from LTE option. Working perfectly now. It's spotty in Phx and they told me not the best with Apple antenna

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Also try turning off LTE for voice calls.
LTE is weak where I live, but turning it off increased my phones signal strength. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2