Do you use "Hey Siri" on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have an iPhone 6s or later, or an iPad Pro (9.7-inch) you can use "Hey Siri" whenever you want. If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, or another iPad or iPod touch model, you need to plug your device into power first.

ref: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204389

Thank you for clarifying. I completely forgot that the 9.7" Pro doesn't need to be plugged in.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Do you use "Hey Siri" on your iPhone 7 Plus?

What's the point of "Hey Siri" when all it can effectively do is just set alarms? It doesn't understand contextual communication and gives irrelevant information half the time.

I agree that Siri could be better but, like @robertk328, I use it for a variety of things. iMore has a great guide here: http://m.imore.com/siri-ultimate-guide

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have it turned on and use it all the time.

Honestly, I have other things to worry about besides who may be listening in on my conversations. And if some is listening all they are going to hear is technical specs on interactive touch screen monitors and install schedules.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I do use it but I wish it was more integrated with more apps other than HomeKit. Lol I use the OnStar app on my phone but would love to ask Siri to start the car when its cold outside. But with my HomeKit setup it does come in handy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't use it at all. When I first got my 7 Plus I used it a few times but then I stopped. It's enabled. Do I like the idea of possible hacking by the government? Nope. But if it's going to happen there isn't much I can do about it. And they aren't going to find much of interested on my phone anyway.

What the heck!...(laughing)....You ventured into the Twilight Zone for a moment, didn't you?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I mean I don't see it happening lol. But the OP mentioned government hacking stories.

If you've got stuff to hide, then worry. If they can't get in through your iPhone, they'll find another way if they really want to.

To me the only reason to disable it would be for battery implications but I find it useful when I need it so I leave it on.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I do. Siri can be a smarty pants at times and I luv it...LOL . It's almost like she knows when I need to hear her sarcasm.

Derren Woods

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
How do you guys get Hey Siri to recognise your voice? I've tried a few times but once I finally get through the setup it never responds to my voice

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you guys get Hey Siri to recognise your voice? I've tried a few times but once I finally get through the setup it never responds to my voice

Plug it into a charger and try. The only devices that support Hey Siri without being plugged in are iPhone 6s/6s Plus and newer and iPad Pro 9.7".

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have it enabled on my 7 plus but it takes ages for it to recognise my voice going through the setup and then once it is setup it hardly works if not at all

Hmmm...I'd say try the setup again and make sure that you're in a super quiet area when you do it. Mine works pretty flawlessly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR