Stop me if this is a repeat...

But I just found out today that the reason my email from Yahoo, Gmail, and some others - doesn't push anymore is because APPLE DOESN'T SUPPORT THAT for some accounts anymore!!!!!

SO ANGRY!!!!
    03-09-2017 04:46 PM
    That's debatable, especially when push notifications can be achieved simply by installing the email service's own email app.
    03-09-2017 05:30 PM
    Mine have been working 100% fine with the iPhone 7 Plus.

I using the AirMail app for mail.
    Last edited by felloffthetruck; 03-10-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    03-09-2017 06:27 PM
    Get an icloud.com email if it bugs you that much
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    03-09-2017 11:08 PM
    My IMAP email provided with my domain by my web host has been supported for push mail by Apple. It was supported by Blackberry and I've had an iPhone for years now but they've never supported it. It's also supported for push by android as well. It's a peculiarity of Apple that they don't support it.

Both my web host and Apple blame each other. The simple fact is that IMAP Idle supports push mail so there is NO reason it shouldn't work on an iPhone!

Apple's response was "We don't necessarily see this as an issue".
    03-10-2017 02:30 AM
    Stop me if this is a repeat...

But I just found out today that the reason my email from Yahoo, Gmail, and some others - doesn't push anymore is because APPLE DOESN'T SUPPORT THAT for some accounts anymore!!!!!

SO ANGRY!!!!
    Yahoo pushes without an issue.
    Re gmail, Google pulled exchange sync out a few years ago, so the Apple default mail app does not push gmail, just fetch. But it also depends on mail client app you use. I switched to Outlook app and it syncs everything beautifully. Other apps such as Spark, Boxer etc, pushes most, if not all (including gmail), of mails.
    03-10-2017 10:00 AM
    Get an icloud.com email if it bugs you that much
    That was one of the first things I noticed when I switched to iOS back in April 2016. The fastest option is fetch every 15 minutes. While not a huge deal for me, some people like that instant push. I installed the Gmail app and everything is just fine. Then I realized I don't have a print option in the Gmail app (I'm a bass player in my church's praise band so we practice new music constantly). I got lucky and was able to create the name name in iCloud that I have in Gmail so now I have have Gmail forward to iCloud.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-14-2017 09:04 AM