New to Apple which is better google play Apple Music

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm in my free trial of Apple Music, but I am liking it so far! Of course with google play u get youtube ad free! And whenever u cancel your subscription and go back to it later, even months later, all your songs and playlists are still there! I'm not sure if Apple music does the same!

It does!!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I personally like Apple Music better. I like the idea of seeing the entire album cover and the little things that Apple music has that Google Play music doesn't.
Apple Music...
61d39106cf1a3db948e7809a3c577db5.png

Google Play Music....
21df60fe6b9d7962e93dcd65520fcd56.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to try either one. The album cover wouldn't matter to me at all. I wouldn't be hanging there while music is playing. Getting YouTube Red to boot would be huge, even though Apple Music may be a bit better.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I personally like Apple Music better. I like the idea of seeing the entire album cover and the little things that Apple music has that Google Play music doesn't.
Apple Music...
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170706/61d39106cf1a3db948e7809a3c577db5.png
Google Play Music....
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170706/21df60fe6b9d7962e93dcd65520fcd56.png

Google Music looks childish, unfinished and cheap.
Music looks sophisticated, well-brushed and elegant.
I vote for Music.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
so I had the s8 plus so I had to use google play music. just sold the s8 plus and went back to iPhone 7 plus. now I'm using google play music now but I notice you can't use your music from google to be used for alarm clock. I don't know if I want to re get Apple Music and find all my songs over.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Google Music looks childish, unfinished and cheap.
Music looks sophisticated, well-brushed and elegant.
I vote for Music.

Google probably doesn't pay gazillions of dollars for album cover rights like Apple does, so they show what they can without copyright issues. LOL

YankInDaSouth

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I've been battling with this too ... after years on Android I've used GPM and I have several family members associated with my account so when I switched to iPhone I stuck with it. Wanted to try AM so I'm running with (and paying for) both ATM. Love built in lyrics with AM, customizable EQ and the randomized "for you" seems to offer a wider variety of music then GPM's "feeling lucky" does. Obviously the integration with AM is far superior too ... but I think I still prefer GPM. Likely due to the fact I'm so used to it, but AM feels clunky to me.
For instance, if I want to know more about an artist or an album with GPM it's right there when hitting the menu (three dots) button. With AM you have to touch the highlighted artist name, which takes you to the album then touch the artist name again to get to their page and then scroll all the way down to the bottom to read about them. Seems like a lot of steps ... maybe I am missing something that'll get me there faster.
There's other little things too ... like if I'm listening to an album on AM and like (or dislike) a song in order to register it I have to open the app, hit menu then hit love or dislike whereas with GPM as soon as you open the app the thumbs up or down is right there.
GPM just seems more comfortable to me ... likely due to years of using it. YouTube Red is a nice bonus too. In the end I'll likely end up keeping GPM because of all the family members that are associated with my account. But will likely try AM again once iOS 11 drops ...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Google probably doesn't pay gazillions of dollars for album cover rights like Apple does, so they show what they can without copyright issues. LOL

I’m not sure this is the case.
Google shows the same album covers as Music, but in a ugly way.
Google is ugly. Blehh.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

They do show the same Album Art, just in a big and gorky kind of way. It just looks unprofessional in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They do show the same Album Art, just in a big and gorky kind of way. It just looks unprofessional in my opinion.

There's a % of a copyrighted image one can use without having issues. That may be what Google is doing. Only showing part of the cover. That was my point.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There's a % of a copyrighted image one can use without having issues. That may be what Google is doing. Only showing part of the cover. That was my point.

I’m not familiar with album covers and their copyright, but since google is big and has a lot of money, I don’t think licensing that kind of copyright is not unimaginable.
That brings me back to my original statement. Google is ugly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal