New to Apple which is better google play Apple Music

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I've had my 7+ for two weeks now and I really love it.on Google I had google play I guess I need to make a decision to keep my Google play or go with Apple Music would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for all your help

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I subscribe to both services. Both have their advantages. I seem to lean more towards Google Music but I simply think that's because I've used it 4X longer than Apple Music. I mainly got Apple Music because to share with my wife it wasn't much more a month and she wanted it so.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
We use Apple Music. Mostly because of the family plan. Each of us can have our own playlists and music.

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm in my free trial of Apple Music, but I am liking it so far! Of course with google play u get youtube ad free! And whenever u cancel your subscription and go back to it later, even months later, all your songs and playlists are still there! I'm not sure if Apple music does the same!

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in my free trial of Apple Music, but I am liking it so far! Of course with google play u get youtube ad free! And whenever u cancel your subscription and go back to it later, even months later, all your songs and playlists are still there! I'm not sure if Apple music does the same!

I'm in the trial as well but hadn't thought about what would happen to my iCloud Library, playlists and local iTunes..... excellent point and something I'll research later tonight.

I've looked at Google music and it's pretty good but I think it comes down to the experience and Apples Music app edges it for me

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the trial as well but hadn't thought about what would happen to my iCloud Library, playlists and local iTunes..... excellent point and something I'll research later tonight.

I've looked at Google music and it's pretty good but I think it comes down to the experience and Apples Music app edges it for me

Definitely let me know what you find in your research! I may just keep apple music after the trial period, but we shall see! I have until July 27, 2017 to decide!

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site

Let me know what you find in your research! I may just keep apple music after the trial period, but we shall see! I have until July 27, 2017 to decide!

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Family plans are supported in Google Play Music, but the setup isn't quite as good. But honestly, YouTube Red is worth it for me. There is no equivalent perk on Apple Music.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I keep Google Music for the free YouTube Red, the Music experience has been ok but not something that thrills me. Apple Music has been poor for me, I've had a hard time discovering new music I like, it just seems to have a hard time learning my tastes, though maybe I'm too eclectic.

What I've found odd, is that currently my favorite of the music services is Amazon's. It seems to be the easiest for me to find new music I like. I also like the way it shows the song lyrics and highlights the current lyrics that are being sung.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Family plans are supported in Google Play Music, but the setup isn't quite as good. But honestly, YouTube Red is worth it for me. There is no equivalent perk on Apple Music.

I think Google Music is better, anyway. I enjoy the playlists and I find more music that I like on it. I also think the App is easier to use. I had Apple Music for three months and I just wasn't a fan. Then when you throw in YouTube Red for free, the value for the Google plan increases and Apple has nothing to match that.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think Google Music is better, anyway. I enjoy the playlists and I find more music that I like on it. I also think the App is easier to use. I had Apple Music for three months and I just wasn't a fan. Then when you throw in YouTube Red for free, the value for the Google plan increases and Apple has nothing to match that.

That is how I feel.. I have tried them all but GPM is where I sit. Especially since at home I like to watch YouTube when on the PC via the 2nd screen :).

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Google music comes with YouTube red. I have Spotify, google music and Apple Music. I have google music which I don't use because of YouTube red. I like Spotify because of the special playlists that they have. Apple Music I have had for many years and didn't think it was all that intuitive.

One major advantage to Apple Music is that it's integrated with Siri.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I tried AM when I first switched from android but I have had GPM forever and I like it way more than AM. Another plus for me is that it comes with YouTube Red and I like not having ads when watching YouTube. For this reason alone I won't give up my GPM. I just wish that GPM was integrated with Siri and SoundHound.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty... I've used Google Music for the freebies that it offers sometimes and I end up downloading those and importing them to my iTunes library. But I've been a fan of Apple Music since it's release and totally agree with what @TwitchyPuppy stated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro