Earpiece Volume Just Not Loud Enough.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
As the title suggests - I recently traded in my 6s for the 7+. Initially I was 'wowed' with the quality, speed, Camera, etc etc, then I started making calls and instantly realised there may be a problem with the earpiece volume - it just isn't loud enough for me!

The 6s was fine. Because I work in a relatively noisy environment, earpiece volume is critical. As I said, the 6s was fine, the 7+ just isn't.

I have tried all of the tips and tricks about raising the volume but it's still too low for me.

Anecdotally, it seems there's quite few with the same issue. Is it an issue? or simply the 7+ earpiece volume just isn't as loud as previous iPhones?

Again, anecdotally, I hear Apple are aware of the problem, and a fix is in the line! I'm not sure if I want to wait and be stuck with a phone I can't exchange

What to do? I have until the 28th to exchange or refund.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you tried the up volume button while your on a call then there must be an issue as you stated. Have you brought it into an Apple Store to have it diagnosed before you make your final decision?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You might also try going to settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on. It worked great for my Wife's old iPhone 5c.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you tried the up volume button while your on a call then there must be an issue as you stated. Have you brought it into an Apple Store to have it diagnosed before you make your final decision?

Tried that also, Kataran. I have researched as mush as I could on-line. I have tried all of the suggestions but, although the speaker actually works fine, it's just not loud enough. Ah well. back to the 'what phone to buy' drawing board!

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I decided to stay with Apple and the 7+ but I exchanged it for another one.

The earpiece on the exchange until is nice and loud!! Must have been a duffer on the original phone!!

Anyway, I'm delighted to announce I'm still an Appletonian.

Bye.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I decided to stay with Apple and the 7+ but I exchanged it for another one.

The earpiece on the exchange until is nice and loud!! Must have been a duffer on the original phone!!

Anyway, I'm delighted to announce I'm still an Appletonian.

Bye.

Great! Not long after I got my 6s Plus, I got ketchup on the top speaker. Volume sounded way to low and muffled. LOL I saw the ketchup and cleaned it off. Then I could hear again.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine and my wife's 7+ earpieces are super loud. Sounds like you just got a bad APPLE, eh eh. I'll shut up now.
Seriously though, my calls are super loud if I turn the volume all the way up, I usually have to keep it at the half way mark for volume because of this. My wife is pretty hard of hearing and she keeps hers turned up at almost full volume and I can hear her convos clearly from about 20-30 ft away.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods