I am curious

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I came from Samsung, and I had every Galaxy Note phone, and most of the Galaxy S phones. I'm not new to apple though, having had all of the iPhones since the original, but I do like to switch phones.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I started out with the iPhone 3G and had the iPhone 4. Then back in 2012 my iPhone was stolen. I ended up getting a cheap Samsung phone (galaxy Y) to use for a month until I could upgrade my contract. I planned on getting the iPhone 4S. After using android for the month I was curious to try a high end android phone so I got the original galaxy note. I was a bit of a Samsung fan girl for the next 2.5 years and had the S4, note 3, S5, galaxy tab 2 and tab pro.

I came back to Apple in 2014 with the iPhone 6 Plus. Once Apple made a phablet, with a 1080p display and enough internal storage android had nothing for me anymore.

I'm heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem now (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods) that I wouldn't go back to android now.

bobpet63

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I've been an iPhone ever since it came out. I went to a Motorola razor for a short period (phone kept freezing up and had to reboot it all the time). Switched back to iPhone. The IOS system is much more polished then android and the support is second to none.

ericrangel76

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This is my first iPhone. I've had a couple of BlackBerrys and then Android phones from Samsung, Motorola, and more recently LG. I haven't decided if I'll keep my iPhone. I've decided that this is going to be my one year experiment. I am enjoying it but I miss some things about the android OS. Both OS have their positives and draw backs. We'll see what the next iPhone brings and see if it's enough to keep me.

bobpet63

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I started out with the iPhone 3G and had the iPhone 4. Then back in 2012 my iPhone was stolen. I ended up getting a cheap Samsung phone (galaxy Y) to use for a month until I could upgrade my contract. I planned on getting the iPhone 4S. After using android for the month I was curious to try a high end android phone so I got the original galaxy note. I was a bit of a Samsung fan girl for the next 2.5 years and had the S4, note 3, S5, galaxy tab 2 and tab pro.

I came back to Apple in 2014 with the iPhone 6 Plus. Once Apple made a phablet, with a 1080p display and enough internal storage android had nothing for me anymore.

I'm heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem now (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods) that I wouldn't go back to android now.

I'm heavily invested also. 2 MacBook pros. Mini mac, appletv, 3 iPhones, and all the software and apps to go along with it. But I've been a Steve jobs fan ever since he got his company back from the goons who turned on him. He never looked back.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
This is my first iPhone. I've had a couple of BlackBerrys and then Android phones from Samsung, Motorola, and more recently LG. I haven't decided if I'll keep my iPhone. I've decided that this is going to be my one year experiment. I am enjoying it but I miss some things about the android OS. Both OS have their positives and draw backs. We'll see what the next iPhone brings and see if it's enough to keep me.

What do you miss about Android? I've only been back on iOS full time for about a month and I kind of missed the XDA community and flashing roms. So a few days ago I bought a Nexus 5x just to play with. I don't think I can go back to Android as my daily driver though. The apps that I use everyday are so much faster and nicer looking on iOS. I can't understand how the exact same apps can be so much better iOS, but they are. If the apps that I use all the time were just as good on Android, I'd more than likely still have my Pixel XL.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
What do you miss about Android? I've only been back on iOS full time for about a month and I kind of missed the XDA community and flashing roms. So a few days ago I bought a Nexus 5x just to play with. I don't think I can go back to Android as my daily driver though. The apps that I use everyday are so much faster and nicer looking on iOS. I can't understand how the exact same apps can be so much better iOS, but they are. If the apps that I use all the time were just as good on Android, I'd more than likely still have my Pixel XL.
Like what apps?

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Like what apps?

My number one must have app is USbank, I use it everyday and like to have quick access to it. I use LastPass(LastPass seems to be integrated better on iOS) and fingerprint authentication on both the iPhone and Android. On my iPhone, from the time I tap the app icon, it takes about 4-6 seconds to be in my account info. With Android, it takes no less than 20 and sometimes 25 seconds. When I deposit checks via my USbank app, the process is much quicker on iOS because I don't have to answer the security question every time. I don't know why, but on Android, every time I deposit a check or pay a bill, the app makes me answer a security question. I also use Microsoft apps and they are way better on iOS also. Don't get me wrong, I love using and tinkering with Android, but it just doesn't make sense for me to use it as my daily driver.

ericrangel76

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

The biggest thing I miss is not being able to customize my homescreen and keyboard layout like I want. It's not a very big deal but I like a very minimal set up. I've never been a big fan of sticking all my apps in folders. I never thought that was efficient way of organizing them but I've gotten used to my iPhone and it's not a big deal. The biggest thing for me is the layout of the keyboard. I use SwiftKey as my keyboard and I always had a smaller layout, offset to the right side of the screen so I could text one handed. I use the swipe gesture to text and on larger screen phones it's easier for me to text.

I do agree with you that alot of apps run smoother on ios than on Android. It's hard to explain specifically. Everything seems just to work smoothly and you don't have to tweak alot of things to get the most out of your phone. Overall in happy with the switch.

AppleAddict73

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I jumped over officially from Samsung . I am very pleased and happy. Was with Android and Samsung 12 years.
How about you?
Am keeping this short and sweet.
And iMore is awesome btw

I was with Samsung and lg for about 2 years. They are good phones, but there is just something about Apple products that is more appealing to me.

Welcome to Apple!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2