First time buying an Apple phone question about AppleCare? Please Help

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Good morning this is my first time buying an Apple phone I bought the 7+ and just have a question about Apple care if I plan on getting rid of the phone after the first year in trading do I need AppleCare? How much coverage do I get that first year? I am really loving this phone this phone rocks! Thanks for all the help

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: First time buying an Apple phone question about AppleCare? Please sale

I'd get it if I were you. Peace of mind. And they reimburse you for the remaining balance.

For example, I had the iPhone 6S. When the 7 Plus came out I switched carriers and went with that. I called into AppleCare+ Support and requested a refund on the remaining balance and they refunded me the remaining balance.

Do you NEED it? We can't answer that question. But I always purchase it. Better safe than sorry, IMO.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

You get 2 incidents of accidental damage for the entire period, but if you only use the phone for 1 year you don't get the benefit of the extended warranty.

However, if you do get rid of the phone after one year, you can call Apple and receive a refund for the prorated amount of the premium, or around $65 if you haven't made any ADH claims.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

You can also transfer the AppleCare to the new owner. You just email them your information and the buyers info and they transfer it to their name.

I've gotten an extra $100 in resale value out of it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I highly recommend getting the Apple Care, I have always had it on my devices and even though I have only used it once, it's peace of mind and well worth the money.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Get it.

And be advised that it is Apple Care + (Plus). Regular Apple Care (without the PLUS) is not what you are after. That's just the regular warranty which doesn't cover accidental damage.

Lory Gil

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
It mostly depends on how clumsy you are and how bad you are with technology. Apple Care (the warranty that comes with your iPhone) includes 90 days of tech support, plus a one-year limited warranty (no accidental damage coverage). If you have reason to believe you would need tech support for more than 90 days, or you tend to drop your iPhone sometimes, Apple Care + is worthwhile. Since you are willing to get a new iPhone every year, you should think about joining Apple's Upgrade Program, which includes Apple Care +. It is meant to be a two-year plan, but you can upgrade after one year without paying any penalty. iPhone Upgrade Program FAQ: Everything you need to know | iMore

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Good morning this is my first time buying an Apple phone I bought the 7+ and just have a question about Apple care if I plan on getting rid of the phone after the first year in trading do I need AppleCare? How much coverage do I get that first year? I am really loving this phone this phone rocks! Thanks for all the help

As others have said, if you cancel the Apple Care + (Plus) after 1 year, they will refund you the remaining balance. I would recommend it. Sometimes its just for piece of mind but you never know when you may need it. I personally have never used it but have always had it when I use an Apple product.. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, if you cancel the Apple Care + (Plus) after 1 year, they will refund you the remaining balance. I would recommend it. Sometimes its just for piece of mind but you never know when you may need it. I personally have never used it but have always had it when I use an Apple product.. :)

True story. In all my time using iPhones I've always purchased AppleCare+. I never actually used it until last summer but I was so glad I had it!

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend if it if for nothing but peace of mind. It's easily transferrable if you choose to sell your device and as someone mentioned, it does bring the resell value up.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice