picked up my first iPhone 7+ Today coming from Samsung

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
What would make the iphone 7 plus attractive to upgrade from an iPhone 6 plus or 6S Plus? Camera? battery? Just curious.

For me it was the speed of the 7+. It is super fast compared to my IP6+. Not looking back one bit. Plus all the 3D Touch options are nice also.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have never used an iPhone before. I must say that this thing is silky smooth. I really love it so far! Now I have to go out and get hey Apple Watch is Asus and it's having a problem staying connected to the iPhone I guess I will be heading to the Apple Store to get the watch. Hey Siri first time iPhone user any advice anybody can give me.

Congratulations on your new iPhone 7 stsullivan! The Plus model is fantastic when i come to battery life.

Thanks all day 1 was great looking forward to many more days with this phone.

People always talk about the 'honeymoon' phase with smartphones but with iPhone, it stays in that honeymoon phase until i replace it (unwillingly) haha :D

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
What would make the iphone 7 plus attractive to upgrade from an iPhone 6 plus or 6S Plus? Camera? battery? Just curious.

I upgraded from the 6S plus to the 7 plus. For me I upgraded for the dual lens camera, dual speakers, water resistance, improved screen and new home button. It has been worth the upgrade for me.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I have never used an iPhone before. I must say that this thing is silky smooth. I really love it so far! Now I have to go out and get hey Apple Watch is Asus and it's having a problem staying connected to the iPhone I guess I will be heading to the Apple Store to get the watch. Hey Siri first time iPhone user any advice anybody can give me.

Same exact situation here.

Same previous phone and watch.

Very smooth,slick and yeah here it goes..... just works.

And works really well very smart ui and makes a lot of sense.

My only gripe and it's a pretty tiny. But I can see a very tiny speck of dust in the upper left hand corner.

It's only visible on a white background and it is tiny.

Just bugs me that a really expensive "premium" iPhone... one that is supposed to be dust and water proof gets a visible speck of dust in the screen less than a week of owning it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I made the switch simply because was fed up with my situation having had the recalled Note 7 and jumped on the Note 5 because I wanted to remain in the Note series. Unable to have the 64 gig because it was decided on Samsung not to move forward I decided it was time to make the switch. And my Samsung watch being able to work on the iphone was the excuse I needed to make the switch. I think timing is eveything because I was offered a 529 trade in on my Note 5 when I upgraded to the iphone plus. I am very happy with this beautiful phone. It is smoothe as silk and the battery life is the best ever. Shortly after there was an update and I was nervous because there is always a problem with Android when an update is ready to download. I was told by friends when I made the switch I would be happy that these issues are not with Apple updates. I didn't have any issues .Same with my newly received ipad Pro. Even though my Samsung watch works I did make the choice to get an apple watch and found a great deal on ebay with a lot of extras that came with it. I am pleased with all my personal Apple products. I wasn't completely new to the iOS because the company I work for uses the ipad and it is a tablet I use daily for many things required on my job.
I wasn't always positive on the comapny. I knew they had great products. I wasn't always positive on Samsung either and have always been a Samsung customer.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Target has Watch on promotion. Shop around for best pricing. I actually got mine for 198 on eBay with accessory extras. New Paid shipping. I love it

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got my 7plus 256gb mat black with a pelican case an zagg glass. Traded an s7 edge an iPhone se for it. I wanted it bad love it so far an switched to Verizon from T-Mobile so much happier with the reception no dropped calls or mobile data loss in central Texas. Gonna try to keep this for more than 6 months I'm always trading phones.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I think I've shared this story in other areas, but I'll share it here too.

I was 100% Android since day one and my wife was 100% iPhone. We never got into the "mine is better than yours" discussions, but more along the lines of what each others would and wouldn't do. The one thing I have said since my first smart phone is that Apple just plain works. Period. Well, in April of 2016 I took the plunge and got a 6 S Plus 64 gig and liked it right from the start. I followed with an Apple Watch, Apple TV and iPad Pro. I really like being part of the Apple family. Again,it works. I loved my Android devices, but being a partial developer and custom rom user, I really got tired of the constant (at least it felt constant) phone reboots, either intentional or accidental. In the entire time I've had my 6 S Plus, the only reboots I've had to do is when there were iOS updates.

2 days ago, I gave my son my 6 S Plus 64 gig. He had a 6 16 gig so for him it was an upgrade, and I got the 7 Plus 128 gig. Other than Portrait Mode, storage and home button, I really can't tell much difference from the 6 s Plus. The test will come Tuesday at work when I see how much battery is left after a day of work. From what I've been reading, I should see a difference.

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I just switched from a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge myself. I love the iPhone 7 Plus just because I know it'll get updates and the hardware is almost on par with Samsung (no wireless charging :( I can live without it). I'll be sticking with iPhones for a very long time.

NewYorkChic

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Congratulations. I'm new also to the apple world my first iPhone and I love it. Next up is a Apple Watch and some wireless beats to go with my 256 matte black

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The 7Plus will work with wireless charging but it is not like that of Samsung. I don't want to mess with it. I found out when I had called Verizon about the Samsung watch being compatible. That is what enabled me to make the switch. But I caved and got the Apple Watch and haven't used my Samsung watch except for a couple of times. I am loving the battery life of my 7Plus and not missing the issues with my Note 5 an battery issues. I had all the Notes and the Note 7 was the best...unfortunately we know how that worked out. I am pleased and not turning back. Have the iPad Pro 12.9 as well

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am using a Belkin charger and it charges up my phone quickly. I don't miss Samsung like I had thought I might with regards to the wireless charger. The 7plus is amazing and the battery holds up all day long. I haven't used my mophie battery pack since switching to Apple. But it is good to still have.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and iPhone 7 Plus, love them both. I had switched totally to the Note series and away from apple for a couple years, till the release of the 7 Plus, absolutely loving this beast. I use it as primary, and also have the Apple Watch Series 1, and the iPad Mini 2 LTE. They all work/play very well together.

tgunnr

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Woot congrats! I upgraded to iPhone 7 a few months ago from Windows and I'm loving it. Hope you end up loving it just as much.

garment69

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
The dual lens camera is great. Taking pics in portrait mode yields amazing results. The stereo speakers are also a huge upgrade. Doesn't seem to get a lot of attentions but it makes a huge difference. When you get your watch, you might as well pick up AirPods!