All those going naked. Dropped it yet?

OptiPrime

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I keep mine Gold 7plus naked the majority of the time and have yet to drop it. I have two scratches on the white area and I couldn't figure out why or what from because I handled the phone carefully.

I hardly ever walk outside with it out (broke a previous phone like that), always set it down carefully, in a soft compartment of my purse. H/e I see others saying the coating on this model is a bit more prone to scratching. They are two minor ones that I can only see close up so no biggie.

The phone is so thin and the aluminum feels so nice in my hand that I'd rather not put in a case. I recently ordered this case for fashion only lol and for when i'm wearing jeans but leave my purse at home and don't want to worry about the dye transferring to the antenna bands.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQ5FODK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine Gold 7plus naked the majority of the time and have yet to drop it. I have two scratches on the white area and I couldn't figure out why or what from because I handled the phone carefully.

I hardly ever walk outside with it out (broke a previous phone like that), always set it down carefully, in a soft compartment of my purse. H/e I see others saying the coating on this model is a bit more prone to scratching. They are two minor ones that I can only see close up so no biggie.

The phone is so thin and the aluminum feels so nice in my hand that I'd rather not put in a case. I recently ordered this case for fashion only lol and for when i'm wearing jeans but leave my purse at home and don't want to worry about the dye transferring to the antenna bands.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQ5FODK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is more prone that the 6 Plus/6s Plus but it's no biggie for me either. I was just shocked they changed it. My 6s Plus is perfect.

anon(193652)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I used mine for a few days without a case. Dropped it in the house and luckily it fell on carpet. Decided to put a Caudabe Veil XT on it since it is pretty low profile. Ended up dropping it outside and with that case and a Zagg glass screen protector still managed to completely shatter the screen. Been using a case since I got it replaced.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Blaine07 you made me laugh today with this picture ...I thought I was the only one that did this on my bookshelf lol. This is great .
The collection for 7+ ended up growing to 3X that size... Then I got a S8+ LOL. Still have the whole catalog of 7+ cases and the phone though. Facepalm haha

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
No case on my iPhone7+ Matt Black.

I like the way it looks to much to cover it up with a case plus it feels good in the hand.

Not dropped it either, I try to be careful.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I tried using my PRODUCT red without a case tonight and I just couldn't do it. I don't want to drop it and scratch it. I have a nice clear case where I can enjoy the color of the phone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't generally use cases for very long. Somehow I woke up one day, and my screen was completely shattered. I don't know how or when it happened honestly. It was a Jet Black 7 Plus, and there were no dings or scratches anywhere on the aluminum. I still haven't figured out how I broke the screen.

TheRandomDealio

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I am entirely too paranoid to go without a case. Even though I have never actually managed to destroy a phone. But...I have a very active 4 year old and accidentally "throwing " my phone happens on a relatively regular basis. Both of my teens thought I was full of it until they experienced an accidental throw. lol Now they are both paranoid as well! haha

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Naked or Apple Leather. With Apple Care+ it does seem like it is more cost efficient to just use the phone carefully and save the money spent on cases for repair costs. But it's also fun to try different cases to accessorize the phone's look.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Got my ip7 release day and cracked it on Christmas eve. I was not happy especially since I didn't buy applecare+ this time.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I never have a case on my 7 plus but I work in an office so it's on my desk most of the day. That's why I bought Apple care. Love the phone naked.

Kha0tikQueenie

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
U would have to either be rich or a moron to not protect your phone somehow. I just got my 7+ 2 days ago and immediately put a clear plastic case on mine until my otterbox comes in the mail which is today! I have two kids who LOVE electronics so yeah not making that mistake!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal