How's the screen holding up without protection

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I want to take the glass screen protector off my iPhone 7 Plus very badly, but I'm OCD about scratches. I had a 6S Plus for one month before I got the 7 Plus and had micro scratches all over the screen. I am very careful with my phones and never used screen protectors on my Samsung phones, and never got scratches. Idk what the difference is on these iPhone screens but it makes me too nervous to risk it.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I've had a couple that they sent me to try but I end up taking them off after a day or two because I don't like how they fit on the screen. I usually have no protection on the screen but I do use a case. Screen is perfect.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I want to take the glass screen protector off my iPhone 7 Plus very badly, but I'm OCD about scratches. I had a 6S Plus for one month before I got the 7 Plus and had micro scratches all over the screen. I am very careful with my phones and never used screen protectors on my Samsung phones, and never got scratches. Idk what the difference is on these iPhone screens but it makes me too nervous to risk it.

It's not actually the screen, it's the oleophobic coating that's on there to resist fingerprints/etc. That drives me nuts as well and it's why I use a protector. At least if that gets a scratch I can change it out in a few minutes for relatively little money.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector, and never had any issues. I always carry my phone in a thin case, just an apple leather case, so it has a lip but nothing excessive. I never carry it in a pocket with anything else though, but yea, I've never used one and never had scratches.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
It's not actually the screen, it's the oleophobic coating that's on there to resist fingerprints/etc. That drives me nuts as well and it's why I use a protector. At least if that gets a scratch I can change it out in a few minutes for relatively little money.

The thing that confuses me is that these glass screen protectors are just as smooth as the screen, collect less fingerprints, and I never scratch them. I wish they'd just do the same thing on the actual screen. Glass screen protectors aren't all that bad, I would just rather not have the home button sunk in and have the 1/4" gap around the entire display. I'm still trying to convince myself that the micro scratches are worse, I'm always tempted to rip the protector off.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Got some micro scratches in the oleophobic coating from the "buttons" on the pockets of my jeans that you can only see when the light hits the screen just right, but the glass itself is fine.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I'll probably be pulling my protector off this spring once motorcycle season comes back in. The screen and lack of physical home button does react well to motorcycle gloves lol

There are now gloves out for texting. I am unsure though if there are motorcycle gloves but there are tech gloves ! I know Macy's carries them

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Finally caved and ripped off my tempered glass screen protector. I couldn't take the edges around the entire display and especially around the home button. My fingerprint scanner and sliding the bottom menu up are back to working flawlessly. I'll gladly accept a few micro scratches in exchange.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have no issues with my fingerprint scanner. I have a tempered glass protector on my iphone and no issues of any kind. Very smooth no lagging. It is flawless. I can't be without a screen protector. I am too much into my devices being perfect condition.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm over glass screen protectors for the i7. I've tried like 5 different brands and none of them seal all the way around the entire screen. Everyone I get the "halo" effect. If I scratch it I'll use AppleCare + and get a new phone.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I was over glass screen protectors for my 7+. I thought I could not ever get one that would not halo.........until I found the Zagg Glass Luxe+. First protector that actually makes my phone look better. It's super expensive but I got it for half-price.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Never had a halo on my tech armor one. It's the standard not full coverage kind though. I could see how trying to get a full coverage kind might cause issues

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just installed a matte screen protector. Partly because even though I'm careful with my phone I have started to get some screen scratches, and partly for the glare reduction, as I use it as my in-car GPS.

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I never leave the store when I buy a new phone without a case and a tempered glass protector! The only time that my i7 hasn't had a case on it is when I am changing cases lol! When I change the case, whether at home or at work, I always do it on top of a large micro fiber cloth!

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
My friend's phones screen cracked. He was sitting on a roof and my other friend scared him by coming from behind and he tossed the phone and it fell and boom, broken screen!

Mine is as good as it was!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox