I made the switch.......

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I made the switch to the smaller 7 a while ago when Verizon was offering a super deal. I had been an android user for years but am finding it hard to go back to my HTC 10 now. After using 3 phablet sized phones for a couple years I am really liking the smaller 4.7" iPhone 7, so easily pocketable which is a big plus in my opinion. Some other things I really appreciate coming from android, I'm not constantly tweaking it, battery life is an all day long phenomenon for the size of said battery I can't get over how long it lasts. Call quality is better, RF is better, I could go on but it is a keeper. Congrats on your choice OP!

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I made the switch to the smaller 7 a while ago when Verizon was offering a super deal. I had been an android user for years but am finding it hard to go back to my HTC 10 now. After using 3 phablet sized phones for a couple years I am really liking the smaller 4.7" iPhone 7, so easily pocketable which is a big plus in my opinion. Some other things I really appreciate coming from android, I'm not constantly tweaking it, battery life is an all day long phenomenon for the size of said battery I can't get over how long it lasts. Call quality is better, RF is better, I could go on but it is a keeper. Congrats on your choice OP!

Thanks! I'm the opposite when it comes down to the size of the screen! I can't go lower than 5.5" but also can't go higher than 6" (I had the Nexus 6 on Verizon) Like I was saying to one of the other posters in this post, apps perform way different...... I might even say better on iOS than they do on Android! When I use to hear people say that they wish that Android had some of the iOS exclusive apps on Android or that the apps on both platforms performed the same, I would be like but it's the same app why wouldn't they perform the same? Now I'm seeing first hand what they mean lol

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks! I'm the opposite when it comes down to the size of the screen! I can't go lower than 5.5" but also can't go higher than 6" (I had the Nexus 6 on Verizon) Like I was saying to one of the other posters in this post, apps perform way different...... I might even say better on iOS than they do on Android! When I use to hear people say that they wish that Android had some of the iOS exclusive apps on Android or that the apps on both platforms performed the same, I would be like but it's the same app why wouldn't they perform the same? Now I'm seeing first hand what they mean lol

I use both platforms as well, and the apps are much better on iOS. As of right now there just isn't an Android phone I prefer over an iPhone. It's funny though; when the 7 series was released I didn't really want it. Then the Note 7 got went all stupid, so I had to get something. I got really excited about getting a Jet Black 7 Plus because the Pixel was a disappointment Imo. Within a month of getting my Plus I'd already gotten an Apple Watch to replace the one I sold when I got my Note 7.

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I use both platforms as well, and the apps are much better on iOS. As of right now there just isn't an Android phone I prefer over an iPhone. It's funny though; when the 7 series was released I didn't really want it. Then the Note 7 got went all stupid, so I had to get something. I got really excited about getting a Jet Black 7 Plus because the Pixel was a disappointment Imo. Within a month of getting my Plus I'd already gotten an Apple Watch to replace the one I sold when I got my Note 7.

I would have gotten the Note 7 had I not had the Note 5. I have never gotten the next phone to what I previously had. So instead of going to the Note 7 I went and got a Moto Z force. It's a good phone. I had most of the mods except the camera one. But as I said earlier that trip to the Apple store changed my outlook on iOS and I had to get an iPhone lol. Glad I made the switch!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I would have gotten the Note 7 had I not had the Note 5. I have never gotten the next phone to what I previously had. So instead of going to the Note 7 I went and got a Moto Z force. It's a good phone. I had most of the mods except the camera one. But as I said earlier that trip to the Apple store changed my outlook on iOS and I had to get an iPhone lol. Glad I made the switch!

It's a really good phone and glad you're enjoying your new iPhone!!

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Congrats on your new 7 plus. I have been eyeballing them I switch ios to android every time i get a new phone. Like both platforms prior to this had a 6 plus for 2 years apple or samsung didnt wow me till note 7. Went thru that ended up a s7 edge decent phone like the ip wireless etc. But 7plus has ip cert an the loud speaks I really like it but going to wait till the 8 hoping for big things on the 10 yr upgrade lol.

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on your new 7 plus. I have been eyeballing them I switch ios to android every time i get a new phone. Like both platforms prior to this had a 6 plus for 2 years apple or samsung didnt wow me till note 7. Went thru that ended up a s7 edge decent phone like the ip wireless etc. But 7plus has ip cert an the loud speaks I really like it but going to wait till the 8 hoping for big things on the 10 yr upgrade lol.

Thanks! You would think that something huge would happen for the 10 year anniversary! We all just have to wait and see lol

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone! I switched back to iOS on the 6 plus and have upgraded every year. I do have a business line as well and had kept it android as I enjoy both platforms. I had Note 4, 5, S7E and switched to a Moto Z this fall. Was happy with it and liked the thinness of it and got a super deal with speaker and battery mods. Drove to Florida and back from Michigan and it kept dropping GPS signal, battery was okay but then it got a little laggy.
The main thing I liked about android was the widgets because I have about 5 email addresses that I could easily see, and my home Security cams, but not a deal breaker.

Decided Thursday to go ahead and switch that line to an iPhone too since every iPhone I've had has been dependable. Got Matte Black so I can easily grab the right phone. No regrets.

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone! I switched back to iOS on the 6 plus and have upgraded every year. I do have a business line as well and had kept it android as I enjoy both platforms. I had Note 4, 5, S7E and switched to a Moto Z this fall. Was happy with it and liked the thinness of it and got a super deal with speaker and battery mods. Drove to Florida and back from Michigan and it kept dropping GPS signal, battery was okay but then it got a little laggy.
The main thing I liked about android was the widgets because I have about 5 email addresses that I could easily see, and my home Security cams, but not a deal breaker.

Decided Thursday to go ahead and switch that line to an iPhone too since every iPhone I've had has been dependable. Got Matte Black so I can easily grab the right phone. No regrets.

Thanks! I had the Moto Z force and it was good until the nougat update then it just went downhill from there. I like both platforms, but iPhone has my full attention right now lol

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
I came over from a Nexus 6 that just kept on getting slower and slower. I have a history of switching back and forth between the two operating systems. Apple has finally gotten to the point that I may not switch back. The previous iPhone I had was a 5s. Almost immediately after the switch I was missing Android. Not this time. I'm finding out new functionality in iOS that wasn't there with my 5s. The long pressing of the apps to bring up a quick menu is one. So far so good for me. I've had it since just after Christmas. Good luck with your spin on iOS.

Technified

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I came over from a Nexus 6 that just kept on getting slower and slower. I have a history of switching back and forth between the two operating systems. Apple has finally gotten to the point that I may not switch back. The previous iPhone I had was a 5s. Almost immediately after the switch I was missing Android. Not this time. I'm finding out new functionality in iOS that wasn't there with my 5s. The long pressing of the apps to bring up a quick menu is one. So far so good for me. I've had it since just after Christmas. Good luck with your spin on iOS.

Thanks! I thought that once I tried iOS I would be looking to go back to Android. Not the case here! I'm learning new and different things on here! I don't think that I will be looking to go back to Android anytime soon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner