What are the pros & cons of upgrading from a 6S (64 GB) to a higher storage 7 Plus?

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: What are the pros & cons of upgrading from a 6S (64 GB) to a higher storage 7 Plus?

But doesn't this use all your data?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
What are the pros & cons of upgrading from a 6S (64 GB) to a higher storage 7 Plus?

But doesn't this use all your data?

I have it set where it uploads at night when I'm sleeping and on wifi. I generally use 3 gigs of data a month and I would bet pictures don't even really attribute to that usage.

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: What are the pros & cons of upgrading from a 6S (64 GB) to a higher storage 7 Plus?

What I mean is looking at them. My daughter and son sit in the car and look at them. If they are on iCloud wouldn't that chew up some usage?

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site

My daughter is 2 and looks through them.

Oh, I missed that part. A little girl at that age must be so cute and I am sure you cherish and adore her so much. My daughter is now a grown up adult (talking back to me constantly :) but I doted her so much, and in my mind, she stopped growing at 3 years old. She is still a little angel to me, LOL.

So, no wonder it results in a lot of photos!
Besides the storage capacity issue, you might still want to upload and store it in a separate place like cloud, unless you constantly download to your computer etc (but photos are readily available if they are in cloud storage). Otherwise, what happens if you lost your phone?

I am sure you are taking care of those issues, and I may be becoming nosy and meddlesome, but hearing your little girl is 2..... :)

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Yep she is a bit special. Have a 5 year old boy too. Just want something that I can keep them on there so they are entertained occasionally in the car. I might upgrade but don't know yet lol

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, its been about 6 months since the 7 came out. I'd wait until September especially since the 7 isn't that different from the 6S. The 7S or 8 will probably be more innovative than the 6S and 7. In the meantime, check out Dropbox or Google Photos as an online backup.

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

I understand that but it will be very expensive here in Australia. But you are right do I wait??? Hmmm

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

What I mean is looking at them. My daughter and son sit in the car and look at them. If they are on iCloud wouldn't that chew up some usage?

Honestly don't know. I guess it may be something you could try before you get a new phone.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi

I slowly running out of memory . I don't want to get rid of my photos off. My daughter loves looking at them and sometimes I go back too. I want to upgrade but not sure if it is worth going a 7 plus or not. Please help with pros and cons

I had the 64gb 6s plus also. I upgrade to the 7 Plus 256gb lol Now I never have to worry about running out of space the screen is brighter and the camera is amazing. All my photos are backed up to iCloud so everything synced fibe

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I went from the iPhone 6 64GB to the 7 Plus 256GB. I found the camera the biggest surprise. It is phenomenal. I also like the speed of the 7 Plus and the huge addition of storage. I only use the Apple leather & silicone cases. I have 12 different ones in total that I switch out and love them all.

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Still thinking about this. Got until Friday morning to make a decision. Someone make it for me. If I wait till September I might not get much for the phone when I sell it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

When in doubt, always go for the most new, most bigger storage one.
In this case that's the iPhone 7 256GB

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Still thinking about this. Got until Friday morning to make a decision. Someone make it for me. If I wait till September I might not get much for the phone when I sell it.

If you wait until September couldn't you always put money back to offset what you didn't get for it

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Maybe. I just don't know what to do. Will have to have a think about it. Just can't make a decision about anything ATM grrrr lol

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Wish someone could make the decision for me. Lol

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I have about 8000 photos on my iP7+ and it takes up about 38gb of my 256.

I am new to iPhone coming from Blackberry so I got the largest capacity possible so that I never fear running out of storage.

I use my phone for work and pleasure so I may have taken photos years ago that I need to see right away. I tried One Drive but found photos were very slow to load.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

Agree with @Bakron1. I am using 7 plus 128 gig version. jet black. I am using a Manchester United themed case right now, purchased it from a local store (bought it real cheap).

The device is huge, fast and 128 is more than enough. I am taking photos like crazy coz of its dual lens and I am simply in love with 7 plus. I was using 6s before but had battery issue so I exchanged it with 7. So basically I have two phones now 7 and 7 plus. I like 7 plus more. 7 is just more expensive version of 6s. Though battery time in both phones (7 & 7 plus) are good. no complains at the moment.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I did this last night. Upgraded my rose gold 6s 64gb to a matte black 128gb 7 plus. It took a few hours to get used to the size change, but otherwise I love it. I was concerned about losing my pictures as well... but they're all backed up to iCloud and they popped right up on the new phone once I signed in. Definitely worth the upgrade if you enjoy photos and a good camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2