IPHONE knows where I've been?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have location services off, but after getting back from traveling, my vacation photos are grouped under the city and state they were taken. How's this possible with loc services off?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've only disabled the toggle next to "Camera" and you used a 3rd-party camera app to take those pics then those pics could still be geotagged.

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, actually all pics n vids are taken with the 7p camera app. And I also have loc services entirely off; not just the toggle for camera. I appreciate the suggestions though. are there any other ideas?

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, actually all pics n vids are taken with the 7p camera app. And I also have loc services entirely off; not just the toggle for camera. I appreciate the suggestions though. are there any other ideas?

Did you have Lte turned on when you took the photos?

Roland

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
you can always strip the location from the pictures later before you send them to people.

I find it very helpful to have geotagging on them so I know where they were taken (if the location isn't off) and you can search a lot easier for photos by location this way instead of having to go through all your photos.

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I have Apps to remove meta-data from pictures and videos, but I need to know if there something wrong with my phone in that it is Geo tagging with loc services off.

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
How can you do that?

What apps do you use? I'm curious because I need to do the same.

'Metadata Pro' from platinumcityapps.com for video and pictures, and 'Investigator' for still pics only.
I originally got investigator and then when I realized it only did still pics I got a Metadata Pro, which is a great app. I guess you would only need metadata pro since it covers both formats. They're both on the App Store of course.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
'Metadata Pro' from platinumcityapps.com for video and pictures, and 'Investigator' for still pics only.
I originally got investigator and then when I realized it only did still pics I got a Metadata Pro, which is a great app. I guess you would only need metadata pro since it covers both formats. They're both on the App Store of course.
Awesome, thanks!