Torn between reg. 7 and 7+

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
It's more of your personal preference. For me I wanted the larger screen this time so I went with the plus model. Little better battery life, a few more camera features etc. Overall in my opinion they are the same phone but one will give you more bang for your buck.

James Cagney

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I use S7 Edge, it's screen size is 5.5", same as that of iPhone 7 Plus. I have already ordered iPhone 7 Plus. Before ordering, I checked it's size, and it could adjust well in my hands. I also checked out iPhone 7, but it felt so small, lol, don't think it will be easy for me to adjust to 4.7" screen.

It depends, if you were adjusted with the screen size of iPhone 6s Plus, then go for the 7 Plus.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I tried a 7 from a 6s plus and while I enjoyed not the easier one handed use, that's the only advantage it had. The bigger screen and better battery life of the plus will always win out for me. If you are comfortable carrying a plus, there's no reason to settle for a standard 7 IMHO.

Newliberty26

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I used to have a 6s Plus and I recently got an iPhone 7 that I loved. I completely forgot what it felt like to have a smaller iPhone but then a lot of people I know upgraded to the 7 Plus and I was torn. I'm not on a contract so I got a 7 Plus used and I'm not sure if I should keep it or not. I like the size of the smaller iPhone more and I find that I use it more but the Plus has more new features and two cameras - I love the portrait feature. Everytime I make the decision to just stay with the smaller 7 I see someone with the Plus and I doubt my decision again. I need to keep one phone and sell the other so if anyone wants to share their opinion and why they chose what phone and if they regret it or not, it would probably help me out a lot

I LOVE my 7 plus

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
If you truly prefer the size of the regular iPhone, I'd go with the regular iPhone 7 if I were you. Is landscape mode really a dealbreaker for you? If it's not, then get the 7.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I had both the 7 and 7+ for a few weeks and was also torn. The 7 was great for one handed operation, but I came to realize that I hardly operate my phone with one hand. So I stuck with the 7+ and I'm glad I did. Never thought I'd like a screen as big as the 7+, but after using for 3 weeks I can see myself wanting even a bigger screen. The camera is a perk as well.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been dealing with this myself for the past few months. As of right now I went with the regular 7. The 7+ is nice but the weight and size pretty much bothered me from day 1. Yes it has a couple better features (portrait mode,2x zoom) and of course the bigger screen a little bit better battery. But at the end of the day the size and weight I could really never get used to it completely. I have smaller hands so it was hard for me to do things quickly because it's hard to reach around on that surf board lol! Overall the + is solid but it wasn't for me. As for the i7 Apple has really improved the battery. I can get easily 7-7.5 hrs of usage. On my + maybe 8hrs. So overall I'm choosing pocket ability over the few added perks of the +. Let's face it the regular i7 is a nice device also. It has OIS also so glad Apple implemented that in this yrs model. Hope this helps.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
More features on the plus screen real estate just need time to adjust always better to get the latest technology.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
More features on the plus screen real estate just need time to adjust always better to get the latest technology.
The size and weight just doesn't go away. Yes the + has more screen real estate but you do pay the price with the added weight and size. Just depends on what you are looking for. The regular 7 battery is great,camera has IOS. So really all
Your giving up is the dual camera which to get THEE perfect pic it takes the perfect lighting conditions. So just depends if you want the screen and portrait mode. As for me having both the more pocket able phone wins.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I truly love the size of the 7, but I've gone with the Plus since the 6s Plus. I prefer the extra screen real estate and better battery life. What I'd really like though is the 5.5 inch screen in a smaller body. More akin to the size of the S7 Edge.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I truly love the size of the 7, but I've gone with the Plus since the 6s Plus. I prefer the extra screen real estate and better battery life. What I'd really like though is the 5.5 inch screen in a smaller body. More akin to the size of the S7 Edge.

Agreed!! I would like Apple to come out with a 5 inch design. The 5.5 is a brick. They need to trim it down someway. In the meantime I'll roll with a more pocket able device 4.7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh