Torn between reg. 7 and 7+

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I used a 6 Plus for two years and downsized to that regular 7 last month. I prefer portability to screen size. Do miss the battery though, but it's not a major problem for me. Being able to keep it in my pocket without it bothering me is a big "plus" as far as I'm concerned.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Agreed!! I would like Apple to come out with a 5 inch design. The 5.5 is a brick. They need to trim it down someway. In the meantime I'll roll with a more pocket able device 4.7

Hopefully the rumors are correct for next year and they'll trim the bezels. That way we can get a bigger screen without such a large form factor.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the rumors are correct for next year and they'll trim the bezels. That way we can get a bigger screen without such a large form factor.

Agreed! I've tried the 6+\S+\7+ and just can't get used to the size. Screen is great but just hard for me to use on a daily basis because of size. Be ideal if Apple can trim the bezel. I'd take a 5 inch display all day. Time will tell.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
But the i7 has OIS now and shoots great videos and pics also. The only thing you will lose is 2x zoom and portrait mode. Which I've used portrait mode many times and it's great when you have the perfect lighting. I think it just comes down to size.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 7 plus, came from the 7. My brother kept bugging me to buy the 7 off of me knowing I wanted the plus with the bigger screen. Now I'm having the little voice in my head telling me I should've just been happy with what I have...but the plus is amazing. I never thought the camera was that much better but now playing with it myself, it blows my 7 out of the water (at least on the few photos I took while at work compared to the ones I took on my 7 while at work). And the battery life...I tried so hard to kill it yesterday before bed and it was still at 70% (took off charge at 6am or so and plugged it in at 12am). My 7 would've been begging for the charger by 7-8pm without me intentionally trying to kill it.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I had both and I'll go with the smaller iPhone 7 because it's just easier for me to use one-handed. The 7 Plus is better in terms of battery life, media consumption, 1 more GB of RAM, and 1 more camera sensor. I've played with portrait mode for a while, and it's fun once in a while, but most of the time I just use the main camera, and the iPhone 7's is just as good.

I did a video review of the iPhone 7 plus too, trying out making videos. Not sure if it would help.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's personal preference. 7 having OIS camera is a nice improvement. That said, I'm now some months into the 7 Plus, have done an International trip, domestic travel, adventure sports and lots of work to know I'd have a hard time giving it up. Camera alone has been worth it. Add water resistance, batter life and the utility of large screen and you have why I deal with the size and weight.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like the 7 better. Plus sized too big for my girl pockets and girl hands. And I run a lot so like portability of the smaller one. Maybe as I get older I'll appreciate the smaller screen but ok for now.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I have both and use both on a regular basis. I like both. One is a personal phone and one is a work phone. The 7 is easy to go out with and move around. The 7Plus is bigger and I like having the bigger screen and typing is much easier.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I prefer a larger screen. It always fits in my handbag no matter the size. I am very happy with the 7plus. I can't get over how beautiful this phone is and the screen. I have always used Samsung and with the failing of the Note 7 and the issues with the Note 5,it made me move to Apple and the 7plus. I am very happy with my decision. Fri Feb 13th was my lucky day....

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I prefer a larger screen. It always fits in my handbag no matter the size. I am very happy with the 7plus. I can't get over how beautiful this phone is and the screen. I have always used Samsung and with the failing of the Note 7 and the issues with the Note 5,it made me move to Apple and the 7plus. I am very happy with my decision. Fri Feb 13th was my lucky day....

Today is Feb 11th what am I missing here lol

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I just traded in my iPhone 6S Plus and got an iPhone 7, Matte Black 128 GB. It was the best decision. I wanted to downsize, as I was very tired of how bulky the Plus model was. I couldn't be happier with the 7!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR