Was my iPhone 7 Plus slightly bent? OCD kicking in...

blackcats

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Just got a new jet black 7 plus and had it on the bed when my gf just sat down on it not realizing... Was for a mere second.. shes not big so it wasn't like 300 lbs of pressure but shes like 100 lbs. But now I'm a bit paranoid that my phone was bent ever so slightly.. I find myself holding it up to make sure it's straight but can't really tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Btw, I put it on the screen with the brightness up on max on a flat surface. There is slight push play when i push down in the center (very slight).. but this is normal?

Tags: xe tai 8 tan isuzu, giá xe toyota vios 2017, xe tai hyundai dong lanh

Last edited:

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
the screen has 3d touch, that does press the screen in every so slightly.
maybe that's what your feeling?

It shouldn't be possible to bend the phone with a slight push, because the material is too hard.

if you put the phone down on a flat surface to see if every bit is touching the table, also turn it over on the screen and check the same.
also the camera is extending from the case a bit so the back might not touch the surface everywhere.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It's possible to bend the 7 Plus but it's fairly difficult thanks to 7000 Series aluminum and the fallout from Bendgate. If it was on a bed you are probably fine as the blankets and mattress would have absorbed the impact.

The camera hump causes the phone to have some play when laying naked on a flat surface. What you can do is lay the phone on the edge of a surface with the camera hump hanging off and see if it has some play. Be aware though, that the surface you are using to test might not be completely flat.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above. I would rest assured that it is not likely bent. It does play tricks on your eyes though when you try to hold it up to see if it is bent. I wouldn't worry.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it's bent. I've had the phone in my back pocket numerous times and sat down on accident. I always get it out of my pocket as soon as I realize it, but it never bends it .... and it's on harder surfaces and i weigh more than 100 lbs.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Have to agree with the fact that your bed would have absorbed the added pressure to your phone. I have my phone in my back pocket and the pressure being added on it has never bent my phone. I would not worry and just enjoy your phone.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just got a new jet black 7 plus and had it on the bed when my gf just sat down on it not realizing... Was for a mere second.. shes not big so it wasn't like 300 lbs of pressure but shes like 100 lbs. But now I'm a bit paranoid that my phone was bent ever so slightly.. I find myself holding it up to make sure it's straight but can't really tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Btw, I put it on the screen with the brightness up on max on a flat surface. There is slight push play when i push down in the center (very slight).. but this is normal?

I honestly wouldn't worry. I know it's hard when the OCD kicks in and you want it to be arrow straight. But even if you took it in to the Apple store to be 'fixed'. I don't think they could do anything for you if we talking about 1mm of possible bend. The iPhone is actually really strong and if its on a bed, that would have cushioned a lot of the 'impact'.

Don't start 2017 off with a worry. Enjoy your new iPhone! :D

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

An iPhone on a bed being sat on by 100 lbs of girl butt isn't going to bend. You're fine. These phones are quite durable and the bed absorbs most of the pressure anyway.

Josiah23

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I hope my iPhone doesn't get a slight bend, even if 1mm because my OCD will defiantly kick in and annoy me. I'm sure it won't since the 6S & 6S+ are made of the I think 7000 series aluminum. You should be ok though, since this kind of pressure isn't enough to bend the phone, due to the stronger more durable material.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I myself would definitely be OCD about it, but at the same time I seriously doubt that it is bent just from that. Just try to stop thinking about it, thats all you can really do.

Abhinavabhi

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
It's possible to bend the 7 Plus but it's fairly difficult thanks to 7000 Series aluminum and the fallout from Bendgate. If it was on a bed you are probably fine as the blankets and mattress would have absorbed the impact.

The camera hump causes the phone to have some play when laying naked on a flat surface. What you can do is lay the phone on the edge of a surface with the camera hump hanging off and see if it has some play. Be aware though, that the surface you are using to test might not be completely flat.

Hi I am using iPhone 7plus jet black! I am to having fear that my iPhone got bend or something I am checking each and every time keep it in air checking closing my eyes keeping on flat surface sometimes it shows clear touching each surface ground but sometimes it doesn't what's this can u pls help me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2