How do you like the new home button?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Great concept. Nothing to get fouled. A crunchy home button is like something stuck in your teeth or sand in your eye!!

And if your phone's screen is off and you're wondering if it's even powered up, try clicking. If it's off there's no click.

Downside it doesn't work with gloves.

brixtonboy

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Great concept. Nothing to get fouled. A crunchy home button is like something stuck in your teeth or sand in your eye!!

And if your phone's screen is off and you're wondering if it's even powered up, try clicking. If it's off there's no click.

Downside it doesn't work with gloves.

I was thinking about this the other day. If l cut small slot in my gloves in the middle of the thumb, l can slide it through and do the business with the key. Without taking the gloves all the way off. Should l patent this idea :)

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It took a bit of time for me to get used to the new button. At first I didn't like it but now that I've had the phone for a month I'm used to it.

AppleKarma

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
The first time when I have used the new button was on a iPhone 7 Plus that was in a large local store and a LOT of people was all over it, and then my thought was "that button must be broken!!!" :))) It was not like the other buttons, it was not pushing down ... so weird! I HATED it.
Now, after using my phone for 2-3 weeks I got used to it, but I still preffer a lot the old buttons.

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
It took like an hour before I got use to it and it was out of mind.

Now phones with the physical home button feels weird to me.

I personally like the new home button better and I feel less guilt clicking it. I know it's weird but with the old physical button I had this weird guilt that every time I clicked it was one more click closer to breaking it...

Now I'm clicking it guilt-free @.@

Glad to know it makes sense after a while.

fore569

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I love the new home button. I definitely prefer the new button over the prior one. I have had a much better experience with the new home button on my 7 Plus.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it's awesome!
It's awesome to NOT have a headphone jack? What possible harm does a headphone jack do to the phone? Apple CEO just took a 15 mil cut in pay due to stupid decisions like losing the headphone jack. Wait until BlueTooth alternatives are ubiquitous THEN dump the jack.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome to NOT have a headphone jack? What possible harm does a headphone jack do to the phone? Apple CEO just took a 15 mil cut in pay due to stupid decisions like losing the headphone jack. Wait until BlueTooth alternatives are ubiquitous THEN dump the jack.

The title of the thread is "How do you like the new home button?". I'm sure the previous poster was replying to that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner