How do you like the new home button?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yup. I've got a pair. But they don't work reliably when trying to wake my phone up. It was much easier to press the button to wake my phone. Not a huge issue. I just use the power button instead.

I just realized I don't use both of them much. Raise to wake is the way to go.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
As others said -- you will get used to it. At first it will feel odd but I would say a few days of using it and it'll feel normal.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Excellent, the old one feels weird to me. I hated how the old one had different feels on different iPhones/ipads, clicky, wobbly, etc. The new button has solved that.

dipcarz

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
For most people, the haptic feedback can go both ways. I personally don't like the new home button, but I know people who prefer it to a physical button

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love it! It took me a few days to really get used to it but once you do, older buttons will feel extremely odd in comparison.

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
For most people, the haptic feedback can go both ways. I personally don't like the new home button, but I know people who prefer it to a physical button

Do you get more used to it over time? Or have you used it a while and still dislike it?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I took me a day or so to get used to it and like it. As may have been posted above, you can adjust the amount of feedback it gives you. I now like it just fine. If anything, getting used to having to use an adapter for 3.5mm headphones is a much bigger adjustment for me. ...and after a week, I'm still trying to not mind so much, but I knew what I was up against going in.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a big fan. I can't hit it with my fingernail anymore, and can't double click as fast as I could with the old buttons. I have to get back into the habit of 3d touching the app switcher. I basically have to think of this home button as first and foremost a Touch ID sensor with pressure sensitivity. If I touch it in a way that wouldn't work with Touch ID, then it also won't "click". It also takes more pressure to click than is comfortable in some orientations. It'd be nice if the pressure required to trigger it was adjustable along with the strength of the feedback. (edited to note I radar or gtfo'd: rdar://29904734 )

Last edited:

brixtonboy

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Been using it about 8 weeks just a pain for me. Getting the timing correct, sometimes it works perfectly. I love the button back as with my 5s by my bed.

GlowingBlue

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It took like an hour before I got use to it and it was out of mind.

Now phones with the physical home button feels weird to me.

I personally like the new home button better and I feel less guilt clicking it. I know it's weird but with the old physical button I had this weird guilt that every time I clicked it was one more click closer to breaking it...

Now I'm clicking it guilt-free @.@

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods