Call issues

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been having a problem while talking to people on my iPhone. The person on the other end will suddenly have a problem hearing me. I turned off ambient noise reduction and that didn't work. I turned off wifi while talking on the phone and that didn't work either. I'm on Verizon, if this means anything. Anything else you know of that could be causing that issue? Note: I've had the iPhone 7 Plus since the middle of October and I've just started having issues.

Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you contacted Verizon's Customer Service section to see if they can troubleshoot from their end? Do you have a case on the device, and if so, does the problem exist without the case? Finally, you can go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset Network Settings" to see if that helps.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I hope that's not causing it. People tell me they can hear me, then suddenly they can't. I'm not sure the case is the issue...

It's the case. I had a call come in today and we were laughing and suddenly she stopped and said "hello?" I pulled the case off and called her back and the rest of the phone call went fine, which is unfortunate because I love the Marine, but I can't figure out what else to do. Returning today.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Glad I didn't waste money on this one either. :p

Lifeproof Sucks, Pelican Marine Sucks, Forgetaboutit. :rolleyes:

I was thinking about picking one up as well. I still may, or I may get a LifeProof. I don't normally use cases, but like to have a heavy duty one for vacations as I tend to be more rough then.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I think I'm going to have to agree with you, which is unfortunate. I really wanted a case that'd protect the phone from dirt/dust and it looks like a decent case like that doesn't exist. The LifeProof case sucks and the Marine sucks. Sigh.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm going to have to agree with you, which is unfortunate. I really wanted a case that'd protect the phone from dirt/dust and it looks like a decent case like that doesn't exist. The LifeProof case sucks and the Marine sucks. Sigh.

Still like Lifeproof. Currently sporting my sexy girl Casemate Folio since pulling off my Marine and returning it. When Verizon gets the blue Lifeproof in stock I'm going for it.

Check out Dog &a Bone Wetsuit, Retinella!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Why do you guys hate LifeProof so much? I haven't had one since iPhone 5s, but besides being thicker than I wanted it wasn't that bad.