What ear buds everyone using?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have switched to the AirPods for all my listening. At the gym, home and office. For running though I use the Powerbeats 3's. Since I no longer have a headphone jack I don't use my Bose Sport headphones for running.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
For just walking or sitting around I use the Apple EarPods. For working out I use Powerbeats 2. Not because I love Beats, but because they are the only wireless headphones that stay in my ears when I workout. I tried a bunch and these were by far the best.

PreJason

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually purchased the Power Beat 3's and used them for a month before my dog decided to acquire a taste for electronics. Classic case of my dog ate my headphones...
Now I'm using the LG Tone Platinum Bluetooth Headset with Comply T100 Foam Tips. Out of the box the sound leaves a lot to be desired but the foam tips really bring the headphones to life. I get about 9-11 straight hours of battery depending on how loud I set the volume. I did purchase a Smatree battery case that keeps them protected and charged while on the go. So I have yet to run out of juice.

I will say I LOVED the W1 chip in the PB 3's and it's pairing capability with all my Apple devices. So I will be looking at the AirPods closely over the next month for that reason alone. For now the LG Tone Platinum's more than exceed my expectations and meet my needs.

Pros
- On board Controls
- Battery Life
- Third Party Cases
- Comfort
- Sound (with Comply Foam Tips)

Cons
- Sound out the box lacks detail.
- Have to go into Bluetooth settings to re-connect to devices previously paired to.
- No case included with headphones

HP3.jpgHP4.jpgHP5.jpgHP6.jpgHP7.jpgHP8.jpgView attachment 115162HP2.png

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I switched to AirPods since they're really convenient and sound good for my taste.

Air pods sound good? The old headphones never fit in my ear right and fell out. The new pods same design?

Besides myself, a lot of people say the AirPods fit better in their ears.

Just try them out. You have 2 weeks to return them if you don't like them.

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I am using Bose QC35 and Bose sport plus waterproof bluetooth headphones, both are really good, sound quality is great and so is the bluetooth connectivity.
What the sound quality like on the AirPods?, are they worth purchasing as I already have two good pairs of earphones?

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I have switched to the AirPods for all my listening. At the gym, home and office. For running though I use the Powerbeats 3's. Since I no longer have a headphone jack I don't use my Bose Sport headphones for running.

How do the AirPods stay in your ears? The wired EarPods always fall out of my ears...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
And it could always be the cord attached to the EarPods that unstable them. I would love to try them, but all Apple Stores are out of stock. I wish they'd make a Jet Black pair to match my iPhone. :)

Regardless of their stock status, they always have some lying in their drawers for testing purposes.

Josiah23

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I use the Sony XBA-H1 Hybrid, haven't use them/ can't use then on the 7 or 7+ though since the... you know...

Last edited:

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Not looking for the best but something comfortable and stay on while exercising. Beats, Bose?

At the moment, I've just been using the Blackberry WS-510 earphones. Nothing special but they get the job done. For exercise, i wouldn't recommend the Airpods for running, just because for some people they don't stay in your ears at all.

If you are going to the gym and want some 'piece and quite' the Bose QC35 is your best headset for the job. Really really good.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I just got a pair of Sony XB50BS - They're affordable (~$40), have really good sound if you're looking for something with heavy bass, and stay in my ears really well. The only complaint I have is that they cord that connects them together tends to stick to the back of my neck at the gym and tug on the right one. Other than that, really nice set of earbuds.