What ear buds everyone using?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say nor mean that people shouldn't review the sound quality. I was aiming my comment towards those who are saying that the AirPods are a waste of money based solely on there being better sounding options. Some people, such as myself, would happily accept a little lesser quality sound in exchange for the other features mentioned. I don't believe (at least I haven't seen) that Apple is advertising the AirPods as having the best audio quality out there. I could see saying that they're a waste of money if the sound quality were bad, but that's not the case whatsoever; it's just not the best.

It's not been the music quality that's made me so in love with them but the music quality is ver good.

Yesterday I became more impressed. I was manning a station at a loud volunteer event and got a phone call. I switched from holding the phone to AirPods. First I could hear the other end when not holding the phone but next was that caller saying the AirPods worked well in that scenario.

I've tried several, have owned beats, others, and have Jaybirds. I also have some top rated B&W over the ear and good over the ear from Koss and Sony. It was a week of use and the time using AirPods for work, telephony and personal use that got me so impressed and sold on them.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Bought the Jaybird X3's today to give a shot. Out of the box in the Best Buy parking lot I was like "oh hell nope." And got online to make sure I read the reviews right and saw mention of a MySound app. Downloaded the app, picked something bassy, but compatible with rock music and boom. Fireworks. There's things I wanted from the Beats X, but I'm going to give the Jaybirds a shot for a few days and see what happens.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Bought the Jaybird X3's today to give a shot. Out of the box in the Best Buy parking lot I was like "oh hell nope." And got online to make sure I read the reviews right and saw mention of a MySound app. Downloaded the app, picked something bassy, but compatible with rock music and boom. Fireworks. There's things I wanted from the Beats X, but I'm going to give the Jaybirds a shot for a few days and see what happens.
Those are the ones I really wanted... I'm just going to skip them and get the AirPods. I know I probably won't be happier with anything else. I do wish there was some way to control other than with the phone though.

putney1477

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the beats wireless and I also have airpods. I use them both. Love my airpods for listening to books and music and while I run. Surprisingly they don't fall out even when I trail run. I have tiny ears and I have noticed the longer I wear the beats, they start to hurt my ears :(

It's a personal choice. I'd say test out several until you find the ones that work best for you.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Guess I haven't replied here but I alternate between my BeatsX and AirPods depending on what I'm doing/where.

AirPods great for a quick call or three but prolonged use hurts my left ear; it's like the seam where they're not molded perfectly smooth digs into my ear. Prolonged use BeatsX win. In my non audiophile opinion the X sound far superior to the AirPods.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2