What ear buds everyone using?

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my Apple AirPods four weeks and one day ago, I'm throughly pleased with their performance. I'm enjoying the voice sound quality, music sound quality, Bluetooth abilities and the overall quality of the AirPods. I use them daily and they have easily become my go to headsets. It is my personal opinion that Apple hit a HOMERUN with the Apple AirPods.

Do you have any issues with them staying in your ears? I run a lot and workout occasionally, and the standard earpods won't stay in my ears, even if I'm just sitting at my desk. I think the cord weighs them down just enough where they won't stay in. However, when I go to the dentist and I'm in that darn chair, I have no issues with them at all.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any issues with them staying in your ears? I run a lot and workout occasionally, and the standard earpods won't stay in my ears, even if I'm just sitting at my desk. I think the cord weighs them down just enough where they won't stay in. However, when I go to the dentist and I'm in that darn chair, I have no issues with them at all.

I have no issues with the Apple AirPods staying in my ears at all. Whether I'm walking, running or exercising. However I had to constantly adjust the regular Apple "earbuds" and now I realize that was undoubtedly due to the wire.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have no issues with the Apple AirPods staying in my ears at all. Whether I'm walking, running or exercising. However I had to constantly adjust the regular Apple "earbuds" and now I realize that was undoubtedly due to the wire.

Thanks! How's the sound quality? I'm not an audiophile, just looking for something that sounds good.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
:raised-eyebrow: I think I need to order some. Currently a 6-week wait to ship, but Apple seems to get things out sooner than the initial estimate.

Yes and I've noticed that people are receiving them earlier than the six weeks, more like three to four weeks, but that might also be location based.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You reminded of myself. Lazy days I'll use my 6s Plus with Earin, else will be my main rig which is UM Customs + RSA Predator + newly acquired FiiO X1ii.

How is the Fiio X1-ii? I'm tempted to buy one purely for the Bluetooth capability. I'm just worried it may not be as good as my gen 1 X5.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! How's the sound quality? I'm not an audiophile, just looking for something that sounds good.

My experience with the AirPods has been good so far. My experience is much like Spenderdl, I've had no problems moving around and having them still stay in my ears, and I also have had issues where I'm constantly pressing on the EarBuds to keep them in my ears (again, likely due to the wires).

I did a "speaker test" on the AirPods, using tracks that professional reviewers use. I find my Bose Bluetooth headphones sound slightly better but the AirPods are quite good. Additionally, the Bose do a much better job blocking out external noise. Depending on your need/uses, this can be good or bad. I find it good as I can have them in and, while outdoors, can hear louder traffic sounds or in an office I can hear if people need to talk to me. However, others who have tried to use them in loud environments have complained that sound on the AirPods can be drowned out, that they just don't get loud enough.

One other comparison, in a YouTube review I saw, the reviewer felt the sound quality of the AirPods was about the same as the new Beats X, with the main difference being the boosted bass on the Beats X.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My experience with the AirPods has been good so far. My experience is much like Spenderdl, I've had no problems moving around and having them still stay in my ears, and I also have had issues where I'm constantly pressing on the EarBuds to keep them in my ears (again, likely due to the wires).

I did a "speaker test" on the AirPods, using tracks that professional reviewers use. I find my Bose Bluetooth headphones sound slightly better but the AirPods are quite good. Additionally, the Bose do a much better job blocking out external noise. Depending on your need/uses, this can be good or bad. I find it good as I can have them in and, while outdoors, can hear louder traffic sounds or in an office I can hear if people need to talk to me. However, others who have tried to use them in loud environments have complained that sound on the AirPods can be drowned out, that they just don't get loud enough.

One other comparison, in a YouTube review I saw, the reviewer felt the sound quality of the AirPods was about the same as the new Beats X, with the main difference being the boosted bass on the Beats X.

Which BOSE earbuds do you have?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. That's understandable. Same here, my BOSE QC 35's are a different breed of headphones.

Yes, and that is part of the reason I have both now. The Bose are great for things like airplanes or I just want to be left alone. The AirPods are great for when I want to be aware of what is going on around me but still be able to enjoy my music without it bothering others.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the insight! Just placed my order for the Air Pods. Now the wait... Supposedly 6 weeks, but hopefully sooner

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the insight! Just placed my order for the Air Pods. Now the wait... Supposedly 6 weeks, but hopefully sooner

You are welcome, glad I can help. Hopefully you'll get them soon and can enjoy them. If you live near an Apple store, you might be able to get them sooner (they occasionally get them in stock). I believe the https://airpods.isinstock.com/locations website has been mentioned here, which shows you who has them in stock. If you give them an email, they will email you when your closest Apple store gets them in stock, at which point you can hurry and buy a pair, so they'll hold them for you. This is how I was able to get my AirPods.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
How is the Fiio X1-ii? I'm tempted to buy one purely for the Bluetooth capability. I'm just worried it may not be as good as my gen 1 X5.

I only use it purely with my amp and comparing it to my 6s Plus used previously, sounds a little deeper and definitely better due to it being a dedicated music player.

But since it's a second gen of the entry X-series, the display isn't high res, UI is still a little laggy even with the current latest 1.5.6 firmware. Hope future updates will be better.

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Etymotic ER4PT
Pricy; ($300), but if you want Rock & Roll CLARITY, without booming bass, these ROCK!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm using very inexpensive JVC HAEBX85 Sports Ear-Clip Headphones. They work just fine for me. That said, I am intrigued by the Air Pods, and when I upgrade next time around, I may have to give them a try!