Buying a new iPhone 7 Plus:)

sumin626

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
It's going to be my first time buying an iPhone, because I've only used Samsung devices, and I want to hear some GOOD comments about it!

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I just switched to iPhone from Blackberry and I have found that this phone is awesome. It has plenty of battery for my business usage, it is very fast and powerful. I was easily able to set up all my email accounts on the phone. I love having so many quality apps to choose from. I can finally take beautiful pictures! It doesn't freeze up on me. It has a big, beautiful screen. It receives OS updated regularly!

Being a newbie, I can't say much more but I did have a Galaxy Note tablet a few years ago and hated it. I found the tablet slowed down dramatically, crashed often, apps were not good quality, battery died quickly, no OS updates etc. I traded it for an iPad Air which has served me well for 2.5 years and now the iPhone which I am thrilled with.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
You won't regret it. This phone is a beast and it just works. The pictures are amazing, battery life is phenomenal, and call quality is top notch. The features are endless really. Best phone on the market.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

You will enjoy owning the iPhone. I have the 7 Plus and can't say enough. Great battery life. Nice camera. Very fast. Very nice screen.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to iPhone from Blackberry and I have found that this phone is awesome. It has plenty of battery for my business usage, it is very fast and powerful. I was easily able to set up all my email accounts on the phone. I love having so many quality apps to choose from. I can finally take beautiful pictures! It doesn't freeze up on me. It has a big, beautiful screen. It receives OS updated regularly!

Being a newbie, I can't say much more but I did have a Galaxy Note tablet a few years ago and hated it. I found the tablet slowed down dramatically, crashed often, apps were not good quality, battery died quickly, no OS updates etc. I traded it for an iPad Air which has served me well for 2.5 years and now the iPhone which I am thrilled with.

Sounds like All you need .

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It's going to be my first time buying an iPhone, because I've only used Samsung devices, and I want to hear some GOOD comments about it!

I know you don't know it yet, but you have made a very poor decision. I hate that when taking a photo i just have to click a button and i get an amazing photo without having to tweak settings for hours. I hate that when i load Apps, they only take 2 seconds. I want it to take time so i can get comfortable on the couch and lastly, i hate the battery life. i used to charge my Samsung device every night but now i cant.. i can only do it every 2 days. Its ruining my daily routine.

Hope you enjoy your iPhone ^_^

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I know you don't know it yet, but you have made a very poor decision. I hate that when taking a photo i just have to click a button and i get an amazing photo without having to tweak settings for hours. I hate that when i load Apps, they only take 2 seconds. I want it to take time so i can get comfortable on the couch and lastly, i hate the battery life. i used to charge my Samsung device every night but now i cant.. i can only do it every 2 days. Its ruining my daily routine.

Best comment ever

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
As someone else who recently switched from using multiple Samsung phones over to the iPhone 7plus you will enjoy it much more. Yes you loose a couple of features and it takes a couple of weeks to get used to it but so far I am so glad I I switched. Doesn't hesitate to try it out, you will be glad you did.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congratulations on your new toy. I have the iPhone 7 plus as well and love it. Just give it a try.

returnmyjedi

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I've moved up to a 7 Plus from a 7 due to atrocious battery life on the latter. So far it's much improved in that respect and it seems faster with less lag when multitasking, but I find the form factor a bit cumbersome in comparison to the 7 and other large screen devices. The dual camera seems a bit buggy too, with quite a few app crashes when using portrait mode.

Posted via the iMore App

sumin626

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site

hahaha:)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My reasons for liking it and the platform are very conservative so I hope they're understood. There's a personal and work aspect to my use.

I'm an IT director where we have 650+ employees. All of them must use the web and Internet for scheduling and payroll and most all use mobile to do it. Approx 140 phones and 20 tablets are constantly connected for business applications. We have a delivery and logistics part that uses mobile.

Overall the Apple platform has had the best or most applications for us, user satisfaction, and long hardware life cycle with good options for repair and accessories.

The 7 Plus is only a few among all these but the 7 series users are very happy. Now they all have OIS cameras, brighter screens and a boost with battery life. The water resistance should prove to be good over time.

We have one executive who is total Android fan and he chooses his own phone. His new Pixel seems to be the one Android choice that's in same league.

My own 7 Plus was an unexpected not really looking so much toward it upgrade - just passing phones down to kids who needed to replace old and a broken one. Still, going from the super 6S Plus to 7 Plus was nicer than expected. The cameras alone are worth it and I go longer without a need to charge. My wife went from 6 to 7 Plus. She loves it more than she ever expected. I notice for her lifestyle she rarely uses a conventional computer now.

More good: We just did an international trip. Except for a purpose-built underwater camera we only took phones and got super pictures and video. We didn't have reception issues when others did - consider this in the context of international roaming. The carriers where we were don't sell iPhones. I noticed service workers and transportation workers carrying two phones on the small island to get reception. Our 7 Plus phones roamed and worked with different networks just fine including 3G or voice only if that's all that worked in the area.

The only negative is you can't tweak so easily as an Android phone but that doesn't interest me. For me the smart phone is tool and not a toy. I don't play games. There are some where my conservative mostly after works really well priorities would spoil their fun or not be of interest. I have to use both in my work and I've lost any personal interest in customizing an Android phone.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Three years ago I came back to the iPhone from owning several Android devices. I have told myself I will never go back to Android. Why? Simple really. If you have a problem there's the "Apple Safety Net" that you can call on to get support for your device. If you have a problem, it doesn't matter what it is, Apple Support is just a phone call away and if you need additional help there's always the Genius Bar in every Apple Store. Have a problem? Apple is there to help you.

You have no such "safety net" in the Android world. At best you have the flunkies in your carrier's store who will more than likely try to push you into buying a new phone instead of helping you with your current phone.

Second thing... updates. Did I mention updates? Yes, that is the biggest thing that I love about the iPhone. Guaranteed software updates! It doesn't matter where you are in the world or who your carrier is, you will get iOS updates the same day that everyone across the world gets it. No waiting for your carrier to decide to push the update or deal with a carrier who doesn't want to push it because they'd rather you hand over your hard earned cash to buy a new phone instead. You get none of that! You get guaranteed updates with an iPhone!

sumin626

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
WOW! Thank you all for the bits of advice and descriptions! Really appreciate it! I now have the confidence to enjoy my new phone!!!