iMessage Between Devices

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to Apple as of the iPhone 7 Plus and just bought an iPad Pro to go with it. I seem to be having some issues with iMessage syncing between them. The main thing is when I delete a thread from one device, it doesn't get deleted from the other. Is that normal? It also seems to disconnect every once in a while from my iPad. Calls and texts will randomly stop showing on my iPad. Is there any known reason for this happening?

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
It does NOT get deleted between devices, which I've always thought was moronic. So if you're iMessaging in an illicit affair, turn it off on the iPad you leave lying around the house, because the evidence will be there. :D

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
About the calling, do you have a dual band router?
I also had some issues, it looks like both need to be on the same band to work properly.
Although I haven't had issues for a long time with two wifi bands.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just found out tonight that I can enable wifi calling on my tablet. Now I can make and receive calls any time I'm connected to a wifi network and my phone doesn't even need to be with me. That is very cool, I love this iPad more every day.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I just found out tonight that I can enable wifi calling on my tablet. Now I can make and receive calls any time I'm connected to a wifi network and my phone doesn't even need to be with me. That is very cool, I love this iPad more every day.

Your phone does need to be on the same wifi network, not?
Or do you have a wifi+3g iPad?

nthknd

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Handoff must be on and on the same wifi unless you have att number sync and a cellular iPad. Try resetting everything by login out of iMessages and then turning it back on and re pairing it. Also make sure it's turn on in setting on your iPhone

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Your phone does need to be on the same wifi network, not?
Or do you have a wifi+3g iPad?

I just have a wifi iPad. But in the call settings there was an option to enable wifi calling, so now I can make and receive calls any time it's connected to wifi. My phone doesn't even need to be with me.
14a423d7690f9c90b3c11f3040f2156d.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2