Verizon Message Plus assistance

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone using Verizon's Message plus app having trouble getting your incoming texts to show the contacts name? All I see is the phone number. Also can't change the alert tone from default, but that's not bugging me quite so much.
I like this app better than the very bland looking stock app.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using Verizon's Message plus app having trouble getting your incoming texts to show the contacts name? All I see is the phone number. Also can't change the alert tone from default, but that's not bugging me quite so much.
I like this app better than the very bland looking stock app.
Out of curiosity... why do you prefer this over iMessage?

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

I like iMessage fine just don't know anyone with an iPhone to message with. I use android and iOS as I like both and love variety. Message plus is a really nice customizable app, not quite as much on iOS , but better than stock. Probably everyone on here uses iMessage LOL, didn't even think about that.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I like iMessage fine just don't know anyone with an iPhone to message with. I use android and iOS as I like both and love variety. Message plus is a really nice customizable app, not quite as much on iOS , but better than stock. Probably everyone on here uses iMessage LOL, didn't even think about that.

I think it's amazing that you don't know anyone with an iPhone. Lol. When I'm using an android phone I feel like I am living on another planet. I get left out of a lot of group messages, my messages are green on their iPhones and people want to FaceTime me and can't. They have to use other apps and get irritated.

As far as your question, I don't use that app on iPhone but it does work well on android.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's amazing that you don't know anyone with an iPhone. Lol. When I'm using an android phone I feel like I am living on another planet. I get left out of a lot of group messages, my messages are green on their iPhones and people want to FaceTime me and can't. They have to use other apps and get irritated.

As far as your question, I don't use that app on iPhone but it does work well on android.

The only reason I talk to so many people with an iPhone is because I've switched the majority of them over after years of resistance. Had I not moved to iPhone, the people I talk to primarily would all still be on Android, honestly. So I can understand the OP not knowing anyone with an iPhone.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
99% of everyone I communicate with uses Android devices or texting only dumb phones. Kind a weird I guess considering the popularity of the iPhone. Message plus is a really sweet app on Android and when I saw it in the app store with decent reviews I was excited to be able to get it on my new iPhone 7.
2 things really stood out tho. No contact info being the biggest issue. Just their number comes thru. The other thing is the stock SMS app also gets all the incoming texts. I had to stick it in a file and disable the alert or it sounded twice and also the badge had to be disabled. Don't have either of these issues on Android. And before fanboys jump on me and say just go back to Android and call it a day, sounds better suited to your needs, blah,blah, blah, etc. I like my iPhone 7. Rock solid, great battery, nice size, very smooth, syncs to my mac with ease and many more pluses.
This is the reason I switch between the two platforms. Like both. Just disappointed in the Message plus app on iOS, but I'll get past it.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

It's nice to be able to message people no matter what device you happen to have. iMessage (the app) is strictly limited to the Apple world.... and that's ok if every device you have (phone, tablet, computer etc etc) is from Apple. But what if that isn't the case?

daveydog

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
99% of everyone I communicate with uses Android devices or texting only dumb phones. Kind a weird I guess considering the popularity of the iPhone. Message plus is a really sweet app on Android and when I saw it in the app store with decent reviews I was excited to be able to get it on my new iPhone 7.
2 things really stood out tho. No contact info being the biggest issue. Just their number comes thru. The other thing is the stock SMS app also gets all the incoming texts. I had to stick it in a file and disable the alert or it sounded twice and also the badge had to be disabled. Don't have either of these issues on Android. And before fanboys jump on me and say just go back to Android and call it a day, sounds better suited to your needs, blah,blah, blah, etc. I like my iPhone 7. Rock solid, great battery, nice size, very smooth, syncs to my mac with ease and many more pluses.
This is the reason I switch between the two platforms. Like both. Just disappointed in the Message plus app on iOS, but I'll get past it.

Hey I found this string while searching on the same issue... just wondering if you came up with any solutions or workarounds... I do the same thing so I'm always searching for the best way to go back and forth between ios and android... if apple would just adopt a few more features my life would be much simpler and less expensive.. hahaha.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey I found this string while searching on the same issue... just wondering if you came up with any solutions or workarounds... I do the same thing so I'm always searching for the best way to go back and forth between ios and android... if apple would just adopt a few more features my life would be much simpler and less expensive.. hahaha.
Unfortunately I have not found anything to replace the stock SMS app. I just threw up my hands and gave up on ever expecting Apple to let us do any customizing. Their system is great as they like it to be. The stock app is so generic looking it used to annoy the crap outta me but I've accepted it as is and moved on. Maybe some day they will actually allow us to change a color or two in there. When I feel the need for a customized device I just go back to android for a bit. Then when I get my fix I come back to my sterile , unchangeable iphone 7. The two things my iphone has that make me keep coming back is the awesome size with just the right amount of heft to be able to use one handed. the other is battery life. best of any phone I've ever had and amazing since it is so small. If not for that I'd be gone for good.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Most everyone I know has the iphone and I use iMessage. If an Android user, I still don't have problems getting and receiving text. I don't like using other apps for texting. I just want simple and fast. No issues

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't want two phones. With all the issues I had am taking in Apple and enjoying. I wish there was some ability to customize but I had such major crap happening that making switch was a good decision

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711