What do you do/or did you do with you old iPhones?

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I handed down my old 6 plus and 6s plus to family members. I have kept my old 5s and use it for running, since you can't put Spotify music in the Apple Watch yet.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a backup or old iPhone. My last phone was the Note 7. I returned my 6S Plus to get my 7 Plus. I do the annual upgrade program with Verizon, so once 50% is paid off I trade it back in.

I lose sleep at night trying to sell electronics. I hate to do it, so I prefer the annual upgrade program. If the next iPhone doesn't blow my mind I'll keep the 7 Plus until it's paid off.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My boyfriend used my iPhone 4 for awhile as an iPod touch. He gave it back to me (with a small scratch on the screen, grr) when he got his first iPhone, a 5s, a couple of years ago.

I'm planning on giving my mom my iPhone 5s as a holiday gift. Even though it's a 2013 phone, it's definitely an upgrade from her Nokia Lumia 620, which doesn't even get LTE.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I pass them down to my kids... whenever I get a new one. Then I keep whichever one is no longer being used... because these boys are rough on their phones lol.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I still have my iPhone 5 with me. Never used 5s. I had 6 for 2 months only and then gave it to my little brother. 6s had battery issues so I exchanged it with new iPhone 7 plus. Currently I am using 7 plus. Kept 6s for 5 months only! Good history, no?

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I usually hand down our older iPhones to our two daughters (ages 12 & 9). The youngest doesn't get actual cell service but can use it as a more functional iPod (FaceTime, iMessages, apps, music, etc). I also gave one to my mother so she could iMessage and FaceTime her grand kids.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a 5S 32GB, dropped it in the toilet, couldn't get it to work anymore. I sold it to a mobile shop owner for €65 who wanted to use the parts.

Bought a iPhone 6 128 after that, used it for about 5 weeks until I got my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold on September 16th. I sold the iPhone 6 to for €380.

I hope to sell my current iPhone when I get a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox