Are you happy with the 7Plus?

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi:

I've been Apple guy since 4S and I'd like to share my thoughts.

I don't know why is this happening, Maybe is because iOS is getting more like android doing a lot of staff instead being more simple as before but I have an iphone 7 plus 128gb, like my gf and we both experience a bunch of problems. Is slower than other previous iPhones.....crash sometimes, the camera works most of the times but not always and is difficult of turn on...

I really don't know if it's the phone by itself but is new and I haven't even fullfit most of the space on it so maybe is iOS getting worse like 4 years ago android.

Of course that's our appreciation. What do you think?

And I've been looking about the "M" chips for activity....do you know if they push a new version or is the same as previous one?

Kind regards.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a 6 plus and even though it doesn't feel like a big jump to me I'm happy with my decision and the jet black is very sexy.
The battery life of my 6+ wasn't the best anymore after 2 years and the 7+ as a new and fresh phone feels just great to me.

SternerDustin

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Im a long time android only user for 10+ years, this iPhone7plus 256gb is my first iPhone i am pleasantly surprised about how good my experience has been so far. Sounds like your issues might be very isolated and circumstantial so I'd take em into an Apple store to have them put on a diagnostic test of some sort if they find problem which it sounds like they would they'll just give you new phones

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm very pleased with my 128 GB iPhone 7 Plus. Having said that, you and your girlfriend should really consider restoring your devices and then setting them up as new. It's possible that iOS and/or a rogue app has become corrupted.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm very satisfied with my iPhone 7 plus 128gb, I haven't had any problems with the iPhone. I can't say I have experienced and lag or force closing of any apps. I would do like Just_Me_D said and restart from new.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
If it was only me...but is the same for my Gf and we don't share more than only some standard apps like social ones and so. It's weird because I make a whole clean installation on this one but after reading your replies seems that is not such a common thing. I'll try a restore and if my problems persist I'll go to the Apple Store. Thanks for your replies!

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I recently switched from android over to my first iPhone 256gb jet black. I'm very happy with the way the phone responds. The battery lasts longer than any android phone I ever had. The only downfall is the camera isn't as good as my Note 4 but not by much. I am overall happy I switched so far.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I recently upgraded from my iPhone 7 32 to a 7 plus 128 Jet Black model and I am liking it. I had a 6s Plus and had a hard time holding the device and using one hand to perform task.

But, I decided to get the plus and I am not looking back. At 60, the extra screen space for emails and reading PDF files from my clients is a huge plus.

I added a black Apple OEM leather case and it makes the device perfect and I am a happy camper.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I recently upgraded from my iPhone 7 32 to a 7 plus 128 Jet Black model and I am liking it. I had a 6s Plus and had a hard time holding the device and using one hand to perform task.

But, I decided to get the plus and I am not looking back. At 60, the extra screen space for emails and reading PDF files from my clients is a huge plus.
I added a black Apple OEM leather case and it makes the device perfect and I am a happy camper.

Exactly what i did, case too, except i got the 256gb as it was only extra $120 over 2 years on my contract. I use it without the case at home/office and use the case when out and in my brodit holder in the car.
So much better phone than the 7 i had for 8 weeks, i had the 6S plus then the 7 matt black, but its great be back on the plus, my wife has my 6S plus.
JB is much nicer than the matt black imo.

gregtommy

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have the matte black 128 and it is an amazing phone. If you can wait for the 8 or the 7s I'm sure that one will be even better based on the trend of the iPhone.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I love my 128GB Black Matte 7 plus! This thing is fast and the apps are so solid! I came over from a Motorola Droid Turbo! Great phone but Moto and VZW left it hanging on old software for to long and that left a sour taste on my tongue for Android going forward glad to be part of the iOS gang now :)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I was happy with 6s plus but we handed down phones to our kids. Satisfaction with the 7 plus is greater than expected. Dual cameras are reason alone to do the upgrade.

My wife is more impressed because she moved form a 6.