I don't know what to say

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I think that they're equally as good. Its down to preference. I was defending the Pixel since you tried to make it look like an inferior phone.

And I've pointed out and proven that it is. You've yet to show how an un rooted Pixel is superior to a stock iPhone 7Plus

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
And I've pointed out and proven that it is. You've yet to show how an un rooted Pixel is superior to a stock iPhone 7Plus

And I've pointed out the capabilities. Many people don't care about the little extra features you've proven the iPhone to have. The headphone jack might be a deal breaker for many and make the iPhone useless to them. Its all based on preference, and at the end of the day if the user wants those features they can still get them from root.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
That's not really your original point. Can I get you to admit that the Pixel isn't a good phone but it's not better than an iPhone 7+? That's my entire argument.

Why does it matter if someone thinks the pixel is better than the iphone? It's their preference. Let them have their opinion.

bales_83

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
That's your preference then. You want a phone that just works, while others want a more customizable phone with the option to add new features.

It's hardly that cut and dry. The Pixel has a bigger and better screen, better battery and is comes with the (subjective) advantages of android. One size doesn't fit all.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

For you the iPhone may be better and that is fine but it doesn't mean your needs are what I want to go by in a phone. I'm glad the iPhone meets your needs -- it meets some of mine but there are ones that I prefer Android for and that is why it is my main platform. Nothing wrong with either of our choices :).

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
it meets some of mine but there are ones that I prefer Android for and that is why it is my main platform. Nothing wrong with either of our choices :).

So why are you still here discussing this? Go to an Android forum, as iPhone satisfied users we'll never agree with your point saying the Pixel is better than ANY iPhone ☝️

Android is a good mobile platform, but should not be compared to iOS. They're born differently and they will always be different no matter how many Pixel models Google is planning on producing.

You should compare Pixel to other Android manufacturers, like Samsung that has a lot of experience and make better products (IMO)

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So why are you still here discussing this? Go to an Android forum, as iPhone satisfied users we'll never agree with your point saying the Pixel is better than ANY iPhone ☝️

Android is a good mobile platform, but should not be compared to iOS. They're born differently and they will always be different no matter how many Pixel models Google is planning on producing.

You should compare Pixel to other Android manufacturers, like Samsung that has a lot of experience and make better products (IMO)

So ... I should be banished from the forums because I simply don't agree with you that iPhone is better for me? Sorry that isn't how MoNa/iMore works :). I am part of a forum (Android Central) but I enjoy posting here from time to time as well since I do play with some iDevices. I manage all my parents and families iPhones (gf's as well) and I have an iPad Air 2 in my house.

I also wasn't comparing anything or shunning the iPhone -- I was simply letting that guy know we all have different uses. I have used TONS of phones last year and Pixel is better than most for me (except Note 7 was pretty beast before it went all time bomb mode).

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
So ... I should be banished from the forums because I simply don't agree with you that iPhone is better for me? Sorry that isn't how MoNa/iMore works :). I am part of a forum (Android Central) but I enjoy posting here from time to time as well since I do play with some iDevices. I manage all my parents and families iPhones (gf's as well) and I have an iPad Air 2 in my house.

I also wasn't comparing anything or shunning the iPhone -- I was simply letting that guy know we all have different uses. I have used TONS of phones last year and Pixel is better than most for me (except Note 7 was pretty beast before it went all time bomb mode).

Don't get me wrong, I never tried to censor you, but here you won't find many liking Pixel's over iPhone's

It looks like you do like iThings too, Pixel might be a good Android phone only different (and it would never be similar) to an Apple made phone

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Such hostilities from iPeople..? Sheesh! :tongue:

Both phones are great and there is no absolute in tech hardware anymore anyways; "shades of gray" differences at best. The future is services, not which device you carry.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

Both phones are great and there is no absolute in tech hardware anymore anyways; "shades of gray" differences at best. The future is services, not which device you carry.

Im still waiting for the forks and torches.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am in awe of this device. I had to factory reset last night because the guy at Verizon messed setting it up. He put my email I wrong on the App Store ID and I couldn't correct it. And I was able to set it up without a problem. I sold wireless in the early 2000 and have always liked tech gadgets. Learning iOS though and tricks are different. I do love how fluid it is and no lag. I am catching on and enjoying. No frustration except for the mishap last night. The screen display. Colors.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

If you look at the OP, he makes it clear that he is making an affirmative statement: the Pixel is a better phone. He's wrong based on all the specifications and features he laid out. Now he's trying to backtrack after BUYING an iPhone and say it was based on an opinion. Sometimes most people prefer others who aren't so blatantly arrogant.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Then he goes on to say essentially all the development and app ecosystem support is for iOS. Seems more like a definitive statement than an opinion to me. Objectively of course!

Let me re-word that. I believe that based on the possibilities the Android-powered Pixel provides, its objectively a better phone.. However, the iPhone is better for my needs. I am trying to show that both sides are good no matter what a person chooses to get. At the end of the day, its your phone, and you shouldn't care about what other people think of it since it works for you. I don't believe that people should be going around and saying that a certain phone or brand is inferior.

I was harsh on Apple when they introduced the iPhone 7 because there were only some minor differences when compared to my older iPhone 6. Now that their sales have started to drop a little, hopefully they will make something different next year.

About the app ecosystem. I can almost guarantee that even though the Play Store has more apps, the quality of those apps are completely different than those on iOS. You get a whole different experience with certain apps on Android than you do with iOS. There have been developers that have come out and said that the sole reason they don't develop for Android is because they don't see it as a good investment. Anyone can leak the APK file for others to download and get paid apps.

mattkerwin24

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I've done the switch back and forth several times, and iOS devices just work, that's the best part, everything is optimized and I love the handoff between iPad and iPhone, not as good with android

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
You have to use what is best going to work for you. Don't follow because in your demographic. Select because it fits your needs. I didn't let anyone sway me. My frustration with Samsung and Android made me decide for myself. I was unsure. But change can be good. I am not wanting to throw away my phone! I really am loving my 7Plus. For me crossing over to iOS was a good move. So much that I am changing everything to Apple. Starting with iPad Pro. Will arrive early April. Something is right... Verizon is out of stock.

upandover

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
iMessage is no big deal so not having FaceTime wouldn't be reason enough for me to change my handset. You seem to agree with me with that in general the walled garden is a positive thing, not everyone seems to agree for some reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner