I don't know what to say

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The main difference between android and IOS is the IPhone just works where the android device will stumble while using it causing much frustration with users. But android is more customizable than apple so the choice is sometimes difficult.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The main difference between android and IOS is the IPhone just works where the android device will stumble while using it causing much frustration with users. But android is more customizable than apple so the choice is sometimes difficult.

App devs give more love to iOS.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
For years I would play the switching game and switch to the "latest and greatest" devices. I always ended up coming back to an iPhone. Fortunately for my pocket book I have switched to iPhones only and have been very happy.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I need a device and OS that I can depend on no matter how many joints I smoke. That's why I'm an Apple fan. I'm sizing my toys down to only iPhone and iPad Pro now, I no longer use my old MBA, everything is connected, everything is fast and smooth, easy and clear. *iz happy*

GlowingBlue

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yah Android for the time being lacks consistency.

You never know what you're gonna get in the next iteration of hardware and how that will sit with the new OS update.

Now that Google has a more vertically integrated home-grown phone maybe it'll get better.

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I will also disagree with the pixel being a better phone. I see no difference between the Pixel and the 6P. Android OS is just getting worse and worse. I've used Android OS since Android Eclair and they do improve but they take steps backwards. The lastest Android N is horrible with battery life even after factory reset, Bluetooth issues, and app force closing issues. It's not like it's going from Delvik to ART so issues like force closing should of been long fixed by now.

I want a phone that just works. No reboots to get things to work, no messing around with settings for good battery life and battery that last all day.

I get a full day 7am to 10PM with my 7Plus. I get 8-10 hours with my Nexus 6P.

And I don't want to be buying a phone phone yearly. I used a 5C for two years and no issues except my company wanted to upgrade to the 7. My brother and wife uses their phones for 2+ years with no issues.

The thing about these smartphones and Oses is that everyone will either have a strong preference for what they've been using for years and/ or individual experiences will vary. I am an Android guy that has owned Iphones. I prefer Android. No iOS hate at all. I just prefer Android. I see folks complain about Android being unstable or laggy from time to time. This can happen with the non-Nexus/ Pixel phones as I've had my share (very small though) of these issues. With that said, I've never encountered lag or stuttering with my Nexus devices or my current Pixel XL.

The other thing I find interesting is that people complain about app quality. What exactly do you mean? When I look at the apps I use for both platforms, I don't see a difference or experience a difference. Android has more color but aside from that, I don't understand and would truly like to hear from others about what is so different to you.

Lastly, I've had Iphones shut off randomly, freeze and stutter as well. These are electronic devices and they're all susceptible to these issues.

Happy New Year.

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I wish my brother would see what you're saying. He's the only one in my family on android and he's constantly left out of iMessage convos and FaceTime even though he lives the furthest away. He blames Apple and says they should develop cross platform. I have tried to explain to him that their ecosystem is their strongest marketing strategy so they will never do that.

Truly out of curiosity, how is he missing out on iMessage convos? I can understand Facetime but he would still get an SMS if included in a group message, correct?

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
This, this, a thousand times this, especially the last sentence. Android bloggers have been hyping the Pixel as the best Android phone ever and that's far from fact. They fall for the hype of the device and spec wise, it's at best a mid-range phone. Heck, some mid-range Android phones are better (the OnePlus 3T comes to mind). The Pixel hype is quite irritating and that reason is why I don't read Android blogs anymore, that and my iPhone 7 Plus is the best phone on the market right now and there's no need to buy into the hype of anything else.

Good evening.

I can easily say the iPhone is over hyped in the grand scheme of it all. The companies that have the budget to market their products and get people to buy them en masse are very few. I don't think any of these smartphones are worth $1k on the high end -let alone the iPhone plus model.

Example: I can get irritated that they advertise the speaker with an elderly man diving into a pool and he can still hear it while climbing steps and diving. Really?!

Example: Camera marketed as best on planet but has such a small field of view.

I think iOS notification system is horrendous but others think it is great. It is all about what works best for you at the end of the day.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, so please don't take negatively. I just think all of our opinions are just that. Marketing is part of selling your product. The big boys market to death. With that, I think they all are over hyped electronics at the end of the day.

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Totally disagree but you're entitled to your opinion since this may be your experience. My Pixel and other Android devices just worked fine. It was no different than my 6s+.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Truly out of curiosity, how is he missing out on iMessage convos? I can understand Facetime but he would still get an SMS if included in a group message, correct?

He says that they often come in jumbled. As in a different order than they were sent by one of us. It's like if someone types a long iMessage, on our end it's just one long message. But on his end it breaks it up into multiple messages (as if there is a character limit), and when they come through, they aren't often in the right order so he has to piece them together. With five people or more in a group message chatting this can get very confusing on his end. That's the main issue

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
He says that they often come in jumbled. As in a different order than they were sent by one of us. It's like if someone types a long iMessage, on our end it's just one long message. But on his end it breaks it up into multiple messages (as if there is a character limit), and when they come through, they aren't often in the right order so he has to piece them together. With five people or more in a group message chatting this can get very confusing on his end. That's the main issue

Right. Anything over 160 characters (IIRC) is broken down into multiple messages. You can turn on the counter in settings and be mindful of it but not sure everyone is willing to do that.

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the response!

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
To my experience some android apps have worse graphics quality. For example some pop up adds have clearly seen pixels in it. Not sharp. And my bank app on iOS supports fingerprint unlock where on android it's nowhere to be seen.
Some apps on android has stuttering connection when streaming where using same app in iOS works wonderfully. And both in same network.
Did I mention pop up ads?which intrudes in your homescreen and you have no idea which app of your 80 apps does that. Uninstall 1 by 1?
Guess not everyone experience these but that has been my experience in multiple android device, lastly used s7e.

James Cagney

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am about to shift to iPhone 7 Plus from S7 Edge, but the only thing stopping me is the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus. If anyone can tell me how to manage the charging time of iPhone 7 Plus, then I may switch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am about to shift to iPhone 7 Plus from S7 Edge, but the only thing stopping me is the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus. If anyone can tell me how to manage the charging time of iPhone 7 Plus, then I may switch.

I put it on the dock before sleeping and take it out when I wake up. At the end of the work day, without charging in between I come home with still ~25 battery left. In case I need to charge when I'm outdoors, I plug it in my power bank, and frankly, I haven't done that in a lot now since having the 7 Plus.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods