iOS 10.2 out today, is it safe?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I updated my phone and pad this morning...and so far, all is smooth and well. I see a few new emoticons, but nothing else. Hope battery life doesn't suffer.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Is the Verizon LTE reception issue all cured now?

What reception issues are you referencing? I'm a Verizon customer as is my wife, parents and brother and we haven't noticed any issues with our service. My brother and I have the 7 Plus. Everyone else has a 7. I've also got an iPad Pro on Verizon. Not saying an issue doesn't exist. I'm just curious to what that issue was?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Many comments about it in Verizon Forums

Not seeing much about it in the Verizon area here on iMore or a quick look at the Verizon forums. A Google search shows those issues were said to have been resolved back in October though. I'd imagine anyone still having problems should go in to a store or call them.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Not seeing much about it in the Verizon area here on iMore or a quick look at the Verizon forums. A Google search shows those issues were said to have been resolved back in October though. I'd imagine anyone still having problems should go in to a store or call them.
That was my question! I assume from your answer problems are solved.

selovell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I am feeling good about this update. The Watch OS was disconcerting but feel good about the this iOS update. Although I have AT&T, I am planning to check the Verizon forums (as mentioned previously).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is the Verizon LTE reception issue all cured now?

What reception issues are you referencing? I'm a Verizon customer as is my wife, parents and brother and we haven't noticed any issues with our service. My brother and I have the 7 Plus. Everyone else has a 7. I've also got an iPad Pro on Verizon. Not saying an issue doesn't exist. I'm just curious to what that issue was?

I got a carrier update today, but I was already on the latest beta. Make sure you check Settings > About for a carrier update, which might have come in the official release already.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
My carrier settings updated today (I'm on Verizon). Also, I don't like that I can't see my notifications when I pull down the notification shade. Now it's nothing but widgets and everything else I have when I swipe left on the homescreen. Anyone know how I can get my notifications back?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone download iOS 10.2 yet and is it safe?

I'm always scared of new updates. :concern:

Im sure its perfectly safe felloffthetruck!

Apple would never release an update the breaks your phone in anyway :p haha

But just to be sure, wait about 7 days to see if anything major pops up.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My carrier settings updated today (I'm on Verizon). Also, I don't like that I can't see my notifications when I pull down the notification shade. Now it's nothing but widgets and everything else I have when I swipe left on the homescreen. Anyone know how I can get my notifications back?

Pull down the shade and swipe left? That's weird that it'd be doing that to ya.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Swipe to the side. There are two pages/panels. One with widgets, one with notifications.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR