Anyone go from matte black to jet black - thoughts? Do you like it better?

sznajder

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have matte and my wife jet black. I prefer Matte with kinda stealth look , jet looks a little to girly to me, its just my observation . I wouldn't bother , you probably will use case on it anyway.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Never thought of getting the matte black. I have the jet black and more often than not, it has no case on it. I own one case, smoke grey apple leather case, and it's only on when I want my phone to look different. It's a phone & it's not as fragile as everyone thinks. Not everyone wants to slap a case on the jet black.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I say do it, jet black is a much richer black and has a uniform look. Only issue is clear cases but it's MUCH easier to use jet black naked than matte black.

James See

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have matte and my wife jet black. I prefer Matte with kinda stealth look , jet looks a little to girly to me, its just my observation . I wouldn't bother , you probably will use case on it anyway.

I agree with you bro. I think jet black is too girly and shiny.:laughing:

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Does that mean you'll have to drop an extra $700, $800, $900 on a phone just to get a different color? Or are you still within your 14 day return period? If you are within that 14 day return period, I'd say go for it. If not, why bother?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes go ahead and do it!
The only thing bad about it is you will go crazy trying to find a balance of physical protection AND showing it off.
Personally, I'm going to use the Apple Leather Case because it has a very soft lining. Others scare me because any dirt that gets in there will be touching the surface of the phone pitting it up. And that polished surface will reveal it greater than any other coating.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
No. My matte black unit was defective, so I asked Sprint to swap me out. All they had statewide was jet black units. I made the switch and I am actually impressed with the color compared with the matte. I like matte a lot but the jet black is really rich-looking. I will have it in a case anyway.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I just got the jet black and I'm loving the sexiness of this phone man. I'm not using a case neither just got my glass I wanted to show off the color and no regrets

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Love my Matte Black. Seen too many pics of micro scratches on the Jet Black and that would drive me nuts since occasionally I go caseless. I looked at the Jet Black at the Apple store and it was to look at but I wouldn't want to own one. I love the sleek look of the Matte Black.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'd really say the only disadvantage to the Jet Black are all those pesky fingerprints. It just feels really cool to me. Like a new material almost. Doesn't feel quite like metal or glass or anything else. I didn't really notice it when looking at them at retail stores, but now that I've had mine a while it really stands out how much different it feels than any other phone. I put a clear skin on mine for ease of cleaning and scratch resistance, but I'm honestly not sure how long I'll keep it on.

Plus, it just looks like something Darth Vader would have. :cool::rotfl:

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I considered going with the matte black but the jet black looks so much sexier and I adore the shiny finish.
And it doesn't look 'cheap' or like 'plastic' (some people said that) :rolleyes:

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have a jet black iPhone 7 plus and my brother has matte black. I prefer Jet black and I don't use a case! It's just classy as it is and yeah I'd agree with nikkisharif!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods