Go with the bigger storage/ smaller storage and get iCloud storage

redmoney123

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey, how's it going people. I was planning on getting the iPhone 7 plus 128Gb, and was talking to my sister saying she has an iPhone (16Gb) and buys the iCloud storage for a $1 a month and gets 50Gb's. Would it be better to get the smaller version and do the iCloud option, or get the 128Gb iPhone?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Personally... that's exactly what I've done in the past, went with the smaller storage on my device since I have the 200gb iCloud plan. It all depends on how you use your device (I take tons of videos and pics), and what you plan on storing on it. I made a jump from having a 32gb device to a 128 with the 7plus. Even though there are times where I don't fully depend on the cloud, lol, I backup and store everything on my MacBook just to be on the safe side.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Are you always in a good coverage area or area with reliable wifi? You have to think about your data allowance with the iCloud option as well. The more you rely on the cloud, the more data you'll use. If you have unlimited data and have good coverage where you are it's an option. I personally would rather spend more on local storage and rely less on cloud services. There's also the battery life issue. If you're constantly uploading, streaming, and downloading you'll burn through your battery faster. Especially using your cell network.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I always reccomend iCloud storage regardless of the size of your device. Nice thing about iCloud is the fact that it just works.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I feel more secure using a higher storage device and no cloud service than using a smaller storage device and cloud storage. It's less hassle in the long run.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went 128gb and I pay for everyone in my family to have the 50gb iCloud. Depending on how you use your phone and how much you want to manage storage, you could get away with 32gb. I wouldn't want to, but some don't have an issue with it.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I went 128gb and I pay for everyone in my family to have the 50gb iCloud. Depending on how you use your phone and how much you want to manage storage, you could get away with 32gb. I wouldn't want to, but someone don't have an issue with it.

Well said.

I have a 256 GB iPhone but I still utilize iCloud. It isn't just about saving space. I have multiple devices. I also like to know if one of my devices breaks I have a way to easily get my stuff back.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I made the choice to go to a 16GB on my first iPhone and then buy the same data plan and totally regretted it... I thought apps wouldn't consume much space but was totally wrong, their cache just keeps growing to the point of only having my social media apps installed and having space to just 4 downloaded albums. I'm much more happy with my iPhone 7 Plus with 128GB and even though I'm not even close to fill it, I can have all my photos on the phone, and now I have all the games that I only played on my iPad before, as well as tons of albums and even some movies.

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Both versions are little storage bases, iphone 16Gb and icloud 5Gb, with a large storage in icloud you are not going to replace the little storage of iphone, so, it is easier to increase the size of icloud. So go for it safe and buy a high capacity Iphone

rchacko

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'd say this really depends on use case. I happen to keep music on my phone (which thankfully supports an SD card) but otherwise would probably have gone with a phone with larger storage. But, if you're OK backing up photos often along with music, then the 16gb with iCloud should be great!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro