Anyone swap back and forth daily?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So I just bought a 64 GB space gray SE off of Swappa for $300 with the intention of swapping phones while I'm at work and doing National Guard stuff. My reasoning being that my first night back to work I almost dropped my phone out of my pocket trying to pick something up off the floor. The next instance being I went to boost a patient up in bed and could feel my phone in my scrubs pocket between the bed and me. The only pocket on my Guard uniform that fits my 7P is my trouser pocket and I have a tendency, gosh knows how, to forget it's in my pocket before sitting down.

We can have our phones in our scrub pocket or we can leave them in the break room but I have an insanely wild and sweet autistic 7 year old and need my phone on me for emergencies. I'd prefer the SE so I can put it in my pants pocket rather than the scrub pocket on my tops, which is why I bought it in the first place.

Does anyone else use a smaller phone for work then swap back to their 7P for recreational/at home use, or am I just crazy?

The SE should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
So I just bought a 64 GB space gray SE off of Swappa for $300 with the intention of swapping phones while I'm at work and doing National Guard stuff. My reasoning being that my first night back to work I almost dropped my phone out of my pocket trying to pick something up off the floor. The next instance being I went to boost a patient up in bed and could feel my phone in my scrubs pocket between the bed and me. The only pocket on my Guard uniform that fits my 7P is my trouser pocket and I have a tendency, gosh knows how, to forget it's in my pocket before sitting down.

We can have our phones in our scrub pocket or we can leave them in the break room but I have an insanely wild and sweet autistic 7 year old and need my phone on me for emergencies. I'd prefer the SE so I can put it in my pants pocket rather than the scrub pocket on my tops, which is why I bought it in the first place.

Does anyone else use a smaller phone for work then swap back to their 7P for recreational/at home use, or am I just crazy?

You're not crazy. You have a particular set of circumstances and need to work around/within them. It sounds like you have a workable plan, so give it a try.

Quang Tran3

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Through the magic of voIP apps, VZW Messages+, etc, I actually make use of 3 or 4 devices in a given day. I have a 7+ in the car, a 7 at my desk, a Pixel in my coat pocket. I get the same notifications, same calls on all of them. I subscribe to a bunch of tablet service at $10/month, then use those sim cards in these phones. Have been doing that for several years, can't go back. One of the benefits is that I never run out of battery.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I bought the IPhone SE after having an 6s, no swapping, just so happy with the SE, so I keep it as my daily driver

Quang Tran3

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought the IPhone SE after having an 6s, no swapping, just so happy with the SE, so I keep it as my daily driver
I really enjoyed my SE. It's such a convenient size. Plus, it can stand on its own that make use of certain apps I have. However, I stopped using it simply because the Touch ID is too slow, and I missed the 3D Force capability.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Don't listen that first person. You're not crazy. If two phones will suit your needs then go for it.

Felloffthetruck is just a natural born bully living on a beach somewhere with his giant horse dogs plotting my doom.

I'm stoked about two phones. I only had buyers remorse for about 30 seconds until I saw Truck's awe and envy.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Why not spend that money on an Apple Watch if you don't already have one. If your job has wifi your notifications and calls will be forwarded to your device throughout the building. Then you can leave your phone in the break room and still be connected in case of emergency. No longer will you need to switch phones out daily, which is a little bit much. But to each their own.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Why not spend that money on an Apple Watch if you don't already have one. If your job has wifi your notifications and calls will be forwarded to your device throughout the building. Then you can leave your phone in the break room and still be connected in case of emergency. No longer will you need to switch phones out daily, which is a little bit much. But to each their own.

I definitely considered the Apple Watch, but the Wifi at work is horrid and I'm not good at keeping the darn thing on. I've tried a watch, and I'm just not a watch person, and it wouldn't be a good fit.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Having different devices with different stuff on them might actually be really useful for things like work-life-balance. You're absolutely not crazy! ;-)

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Not really, I have my personal iPhone 7 Plus, and my work issued Samsung Galaxy S7 edge that I carry during work. I used to swap phones regularly, but it got to be too much of a hassle. I see you mention "National Guard," and "scrubs," are you a 68W?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Not really, I have my personal iPhone 7 Plus, and my work issued Samsung Galaxy S7 edge that I carry during work. I used to swap phones regularly, but it got to be too much of a hassle. I see you mention "National Guard," and "scrubs," are you a 68W?

Nooo. Color deficiency put a halt to that dream. I work in a hospital on the civilian side and do Human Resources on the Guard side.

I don't think I'll be too terrorized by having to swap phones. I only work three days a week, 12 hour shifts. Then I only do Guard 1-2 weekends a month. The majority will be spent on my 7 Plus, but the SE will definitely get some use.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Nooo. Color deficiency put a halt to that dream. I work in a hospital on the civilian side and do Human Resources on the Guard side.

I don't think I'll be too terrorized by having to swap phones. I only work three days a week, 12 hour shifts. Then I only do Guard 1-2 weekends a month. The majority will be spent on my 7 Plus, but the SE will definitely get some use.

Gotcha! What state are you with if you don't mind me asking?
The great thing about iOS is you could just back up and restore through iTunes prior to switching devices and have everything on your phone. That's what I did prior to going on vacation in Europe when I used my unlocked iPhone 5 and not my iPhone 6S.
BTW I'm jealous of your work week, I'd love to work three 12 hour shifts a week!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Gotcha! What state are you with if you don't mind me asking?
The great thing about iOS is you could just back up and restore through iTunes prior to switching devices and have everything on your phone. That's what I did prior to going on vacation in Europe when I used my unlocked iPhone 5 and not my iPhone 6S.
BTW I'm jealous of your work week, I'd love to work three 12 hour shifts a week!

Big, beautiful Montana!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I definitely considered the Apple Watch, but the Wifi at work is horrid and I'm not good at keeping the darn thing on. I've tried a watch, and I'm just not a watch person, and it wouldn't be a good fit.

If the wifi isn't good then that may cancel that as an option. But I will say, I too wasn't a watch person prior to the Apple Watch. Now I am, lol. It really is a helpful product. I leave my phone at my desk much of the day and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I can still read and respond to my texts and I can answer calls if they are really important. It's very helpful. Too bad the wifi at your job isn't great. Because the Watch is what I use for your very reasons for using a second device.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
If the wifi isn't good then that may cancel that as an option. But I will say, I too wasn't a watch person prior to the Apple Watch. Now I am, lol. It really is a helpful product. I leave my phone at my desk much of the day and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I can still read and respond to my texts and I can answer calls if they are really important. It's very helpful. Too bad the wifi at your job isn't great. Because the Watch is what I use for your very reasons for using a second device.

Yeah, Target had series 1 watches on Black Friday and I fretted forever about it. I got a more than fair deal on this SE, so I'm pretty stoked. I'll see how it goes and if I can't deal I'll probably go for a watch.

The WiFi is consistent on one floor, but I float to so many departments on any given night, and have never gotten consistent or decent WiFi on other floors. You'd think being a multi billion dollar hospital complex that they could figure out the WiFi. I recently found out we get our WiFi from Verizon through one of our HIT emails. The mind blowing thing is we have portable work stations that use the WiFi and they work like a charm. Maybe the confidential WiFi is where it's at. The guest WiFi for sure doesn't do it's job. It's one of the number one complaints I get from patients depending on what floor I'm on. I doubt patients staying on the intermediate or intensive care units need WiFi but I know people recovering from surgery or staying with a long term illness would really like to have something to pass the time besides the television.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711