FINALLY figured out how to use 3D Touch more effectively ... I was doing it wrong! Peeking and poppi

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok,

I love 3D Touch. Sometimes, however, I got frustrated when peeking and popping because I would press firmly initially to activate 3D Touch and then I would have trouble maintaining that exact level of pressure echoing accidentally popping to the next layer.

It turns out that once you peek, you can relieve the pressure you initially used and, as long as you keep your finger on the screen, your peek will be maintained.

Once you're ready to go to the next level (pop), just press firmly again without lifting your finger.

I'm sure others have had no issue with this, I just wanted to share in case someone could use the tip.

Thanks,

Matt!!

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Also on most "peeks" you can slide up and it will hold it's place, you can remove your finger altogether after, and it'll bring up a variety of options.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was trying and didn't get it, it's a little more tricky on the home screen with the side screen back in play.

That's how I figured out what you 2 were talking about so not that tricky. Just press at the very edge of the screen, and I mean the very edge. Works anywhere on the entire left edge.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
App switcher 3D Touch command should really be on the right side, not left. Left interferes with selecting and it is also not intuitive and is slow. One handed operation sucks too.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
App switcher 3D Touch command should really be on the right side, not left. Left interferes with selecting and it is also not intuitive and is slow. One handed operation sucks too.

Plus if you have a case that has a lip, it makes it a bit more tricky.

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
My favourite is 3D touching the keyboard while typing. It acts like a trackpad. After using this feature, I can't type on any other Keyboard :p

Last edited:

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was one of the only ones who used all these tricks using 3D Touch. Well....not literally the only one but everyone close to me didn't even know about 3D Touch or what it was.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234