Would you ever consider downsizing to the regular iPhone size?

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've actually started with the regular 7 and lasted a couple of weeks. At the end of the day I missed the screen size and the better camera. Battery is a added bonus. I have used a regular 7 since I've made the switch and it feels like a 5s just too small for me. From here on out I'm all in on the 7+.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 and every time I handle my old iPhone 5 I think; this thing is so nice in the hand...maybe I should get an iPhone SE.

I love my 6S Plus, but I so love the feel of the 5S I had and the thought has crossed my mind about getting an SE. BUT I don't think I could deal with the screen size that's the problem. My aging eyes plus I do need reading glasses when I'm looking at my screen as I type this. As much as I would seriously LOVE the SE I couldn't because of my vision, in addition to all the perks the 6S Plus comes with. I just couldn't "downsize" and by all means I don't knock anyone for using a smaller phone at all. More power to ya

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm in love with the smaller sizes now. I used to be a big phone kinda guy. But now I prefer the smaller phones. They seem to jut fit my lifestyle better. Big screens are great but there are some negatives to having a bigger screen at a greater resolution.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I've actually started with the regular 7 and lasted a couple of weeks. At the end of the day I missed the screen size and the better camera. Battery is a added bonus. I have used a regular 7 since I've made the switch and it feels like a 5s just too small for me. From here on out I'm all in on the 7+.

I tried to go with a 7, as well. I don't think I even made it a week. While I liked the size of the 7 while carrying it, I found I need the larger screen. I don't think I'll ever try using a phone smaller than 5" again.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I think I'd pretty much feel the same way.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had the 7 plus for a few weeks now. I've had 6 Plus and 6s plus before it along with every Note since the Note 2 so I am very used to big phones. That being said, I used a 6S off and on for a number of months prior to the 7 Plus and I miss it sometimes. I could go back and be fine, but I do think I would miss the big screen.

So you jumped back to iOS again?! I'm still tossing the idea around of going back to Android, but I can't pull myself away from Apple. I think I gotta go 7 Plus if I'm staying.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So you jumped back to iOS again?! I'm still tossing the idea around of going back to Android, but I can't pull myself away from Apple. I think I gotta go 7 Plus if I'm staying.

Lol. Yes I did come back. I always seem to return. I am very happy with the 7 Plus. I don't think I'll be switching again anytime soon. I've been trying to settle into a device and I thought it was going to be the Note 7, but we know how that turned out. The 7 Plus has been very solid. For me, it's nice to be on iOS with my family, friends and clients. All of my family and most of my friends and clients use iOS.

Both the 7 and the 7 Plus are good phones but I couldn't justify the 7 over the 6S. For some reason I didn't have a problem justifying the 7 Plus though. I can definitely recommend it.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Yes I did come back. I always seem to return. I am very happy with the 7 Plus. I don't think I'll be switching again anytime soon. I've been trying to settle into a device and I thought it was going to be the Note 7, but we know how that turned out. The 7 Plus has been very solid. For me, it's nice to be on iOS with my family, friends and clients. All of my family and most of my friends and clients use iOS.

Both the 7 and the 7 Plus are good phones but I couldn't justify the 7 over the 6S. For some reason I didn't have a problem justifying the 7 Plus though. I can definitely recommend it.

Good to hear! Did you ever have a Pixel? That's the only thing tempting me away. But I'd love to be in the Apple family with phone, watch, TV, ipad, etc. Just works so well together.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear! Did you ever have a Pixel? That's the only thing tempting me away. But I'd love to be in the Apple family with phone, watch, TV, ipad, etc. Just works so well together.

I did have a Pixel XL for about 10 days. It was a great phone. I did struggle with justifying the price. In the end it was that and really wanting to be on the same OS as most of my contacts that brought me back. I was not 100% sold on the 7 but I felt the 7 Plus offered enough to bring me back. It was the right decision. I'm very happy with the Plus.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I did have a Pixel XL for about 10 days. It was a great phone. I did struggle with justifying the price. In the end it was that and really wanting to be on the same OS as most of my contacts that brought me back. I was not 100% sold on the 7 but I felt the 7 Plus offered enough to bring me back. It was the right decision. I'm very happy with the Plus.

Yeah cw get Wildo to finally stick with iOS LOL. He's been buying Android phones like crazy trying to switch back. He's driving me crazy bahaha and I don't even live with the guy haha so I can only imagine how his wife feels.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?

If the battery and camera came in a smaller form factor I would absolutely downsize. But for my uses, the battery is a must have. I could live without the camera although I love it.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I tried to use the 7 after spending the last two years on the 6 plus and 6s plus. I loved the easier handling, but the battery and screen size of the plus ended up bringing me back to the plus.
As some others have mentioned, ehile the 7 is more comfortable to use one handed, it's hard to go back to the regular size after you've adjusted to the plus.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I might for an iPhone 8, but the battery life in the Plus is so good, is really hate to downsize to a smaller screen and battery.