Would you ever consider downsizing to the regular iPhone size?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I did it for the 6S Plus to the 6S with the smart battery pack. I have a feeling I'm going to end up doing the same in this case. The camera thing really isn't as important to me as it is to others.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 and every time I handle my old iPhone 5 I think; this thing is so nice in the hand...maybe I should get an iPhone SE.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I was mere moments away from keeping the iPhone 7 instead of swapping it out for the iPhone 7 Plus. Even after swapping it out, I almost drove back to the Apple Store to exchange the iPhone 7 Plus for another iPhone 7. Having said that, yes, I can see myself downsizing to a smaller iPhone, but not the size of the SE model.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Well, yeah...if I absolutely had to, of course. But, after having the 6, 6s & 7...and jumping to the larger phone, I've grown accustomed to the positive attributes of the Plus and learned to get past the things that are undeniably bogus about it (bezel size & weight). I really like my Plus, and wouldn't want to downsize.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I did switch to the smaller size. From a 6 Plus to a 6s Plus to a 6s and back to a 7 Plus. The smaller size is much easier to handle, however the screen real estate, battery life, and camera bumps are enough to keep me going back to Plus.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s and battery life was poor. In my opinion upgraded to an SE and I have twice the battery life, form factor is great and I love to use it naked as it is beautiful compared to the 6s. 4" screen sounds terrible to some, I do have big hands and typing with the default keyboard is not an issue

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have weighed in my head going from the 7plus to the 7 but I know I would be right back on a plus device. I am hoping Apple comes out with a 5.0/5.1 inch device.....Or just gets rid of all these bezels come the 7splus or 8.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?

Nope, I did it from the 6+ to the 6S, and now I'm looking to get a 7+.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods