Would you ever consider downsizing to the regular iPhone size?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every model iphone ever made, same thing with the Galaxy's and Notes (except the Note 7)

When the iPhone 6'es first came out I went 6+ to 6, then 6s+ to 6s,,,, this time around I got the iphone 7 first then the 7+, which is my current daily driver, but I'm thinking really seriously about going back to the 7.

I'm very comfortable with larger phones and loved all my Notes, but the iPhone Pluses are just too big to handle with total comfort.
In 2017 Apple will hopefully come out with a big screen phone without the huge bezels.

Anyhow, with my past iPhones, going back to the smaller size was way easier than trying to get used to the giant size.

Cheers
Davyo

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I can see the smaller iPhone's appeal ? but a wouldn't want to miss the big one's utility. So I guess I would only downsize in addition to the Plus-model?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely not. I started out with the iPhone 6 but my eyesight is so bad that I upgraded to the plus 3 months later.
I got the 7 Plus this time and it's as perfect as a phone can get.
Interestingly, in one of my volunteer gigs a guy has the regular 7 and he really loves it but everytime I look at his phone I am glad I got the Plus.
In my other volunteer job someone has exactly the same 7 plus as mine and to us it just feels like a normal phone. I could never go back to the regular size.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had the 7 plus for a few weeks now. I've had 6 Plus and 6s plus before it along with every Note since the Note 2 so I am very used to big phones. That being said, I used a 6S off and on for a number of months prior to the 7 Plus and I miss it sometimes. I could go back and be fine, but I do think I would miss the big screen.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Could not go back again. I came from the 6 to 7 Plus and could not be more stoked about my phone. Did I mention how thrilled I am with the Plus size? :)

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Although I have been using my iPhone 6 Plus for almost 2 years and love it, there have been times when I have wished owning the 4.7 inch iPhone as well..just so much better to hold..the iPhone SE also seems appealing to me for its compactness..

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
NOt an iPhone user right now, but I will actually love to have a 4" to 4.7" device with the most power possible, no matter if it's twice of thick of the actual ones, but I'm more for the practical than the aesthetics of the device

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
No. Old eyes!!!! As long as I can see, I can deal with the size. I've had Samsung Notes, Nexus 6 (5.98 screen size), and Samsung S7 Edge. Wouldn't mind seeing a 8plus with the same size footprint as an S7 Edge...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I kind of miss being able to text one handed, but the Walking Dead wouldn't be the same on the 7 screen

This is the only thing I miss...texting one handed. I can almost do it on the Plus, with my smallish hands...but not nearly as easily. That was a reason I jumped from the 6s Plus back down to the 6s last year...but I see it as much less of a deal now compared to the advantages I find with the Plus now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?

I did that. To me, the one handed use outweighed the camera and larger battery. I hope one day apple will make the same device in both sizes with the only differentiator being the larger screen and battery. No reason to not put the dual camera on the smaller model.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
NOPE! Came from a 5s to the 7 plus and now everything feels like a miniature. Even my father-in-laws 7 feels tiny. I have long fingers though. My wife on the other hand has small petite hands but even she is saying there is no way she is going back to anything smaller than the plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73