I have had the 7 plus for a few weeks now. I've had 6 Plus and 6s plus before it along with every Note since the Note 2 so I am very used to big phones. That being said, I used a 6S off and on for a number of months prior to the 7 Plus and I miss it sometimes. I could go back and be fine, but I do think I would miss the big screen.
    11-22-2016 08:17 AM
    Wait. Is there money involved? I like money.
    transtron36 and Matty like this.
    11-22-2016 09:35 AM
    11-22-2016 09:41 AM
    Could not go back again. I came from the 6 to 7 Plus and could not be more stoked about my phone. Did I mention how thrilled I am with the Plus size?
    Truman82 likes this.
    11-22-2016 10:18 AM
    Although I have been using my iPhone 6 Plus for almost 2 years and love it, there have been times when I have wished owning the 4.7 inch iPhone as well..just so much better to hold..the iPhone SE also seems appealing to me for its compactness..
    MizWylie and bcandiolo like this.
    11-22-2016 10:36 AM
    NOt an iPhone user right now, but I will actually love to have a 4" to 4.7" device with the most power possible, no matter if it's twice of thick of the actual ones, but I'm more for the practical than the aesthetics of the device
    11-22-2016 01:21 PM
    Wait. Is there money involved? I like money.
    Well, suppose you'd save a few bucks with the smaller model!
    11-22-2016 01:56 PM
    Nope
    11-22-2016 02:35 PM
    No way too small for me plus the extras the plus has is well worth the size increase.
    11-22-2016 02:36 PM
    Well, suppose you'd save a few bucks with the smaller model!
    No money. No deal. Plus for life.
    11-22-2016 02:57 PM
    No. Old eyes!!!! As long as I can see, I can deal with the size. I've had Samsung Notes, Nexus 6 (5.98 screen size), and Samsung S7 Edge. Wouldn't mind seeing a 8plus with the same size footprint as an S7 Edge...

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-22-2016 03:15 PM
    I really don't think I would ever do it. Sure, it's bigger in my pocket, but oh so much better to devour content with!
    Truman82 likes this.
    11-22-2016 03:34 PM
    I kind of miss being able to text one handed, but the Walking Dead wouldn't be the same on the 7 screen
    This is the only thing I miss...texting one handed. I can almost do it on the Plus, with my smallish hands...but not nearly as easily. That was a reason I jumped from the 6s Plus back down to the 6s last year...but I see it as much less of a deal now compared to the advantages I find with the Plus now.
    11-22-2016 05:11 PM
    Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?
    I did that. To me, the one handed use outweighed the camera and larger battery. I hope one day apple will make the same device in both sizes with the only differentiator being the larger screen and battery. No reason to not put the dual camera on the smaller model.
    11-22-2016 05:19 PM
    NOPE! Came from a 5s to the 7 plus and now everything feels like a miniature. Even my father-in-laws 7 feels tiny. I have long fingers though. My wife on the other hand has small petite hands but even she is saying there is no way she is going back to anything smaller than the plus.
    11-22-2016 06:06 PM
    I've gone Plus size for the first time with the iPhone 7. Actually upgraded from the 5s as well. I was undecided for the longest time, but knew that I wanted the Portrait mode when Apple released the early Beta and I could see what it was capable of. The extra battery life is a huge bonus and I would be hard pressed to go back to a smaller form factor for that reason alone.

The biggest difference is that I'm now going caseless, micro-abrasions be damned!
    11-22-2016 06:20 PM
    If I have thought more than once, I like the big screen when it comes to playing and reading, but when it comes to sending messages or trying to use the iphone with one hand is complicated for me, at that moment I wish that the screen shrink, I have been tempted by an Iphone SE
    11-22-2016 06:31 PM
    Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?
    Having used for IP6+ and IP6, i would always prefer 6. Perfect size, easy to carry in jeans/shorts and less fear of dropping it.
    The + has it's advantages - bigger battery, camera etc but i don't find them showstoppers in real world.
    The smaller model charges quickly and pics are good enough.
    But again, it's my personal opinion
    Shahzad Ghani One likes this.
    11-22-2016 09:07 PM
    I have both the 7 and 7+ and I prefer my 7+ due to screen size and battery life. Some of my work jeans have smaller pockets so the 7 fits a little better but my normal jeans all have good size pockets where it doesn't bother me.
    11-22-2016 11:15 PM
    I have gone back n forth with both of them. Last 2 years I had the Plus variant but around summer of '16 I got tired of the weight and sheer size of the Plus so I got the 6s. Gotta say I absolutely loved the portability of the 4.7 inch form factor along with all the other positives. But when the 7 came I immediately got the Plus for the better screen, dual camera system, extra 1GB of ram. After a week of using the 7 Plus I went got the smaller one just to compare the both in real day to day use. Loved the smaller form factor again but the fact that it was lacking some features from the Plus I gave it back.

But now that I reflect on having the Plus, the only thing that I really enjoy is the extra battery life. Never used the portrait mode, hardly use the telephoto lens (its not useful in low light) and that extra 1GB of ram seems redundant.

So yeah here I am thinking of getting the 7 again (I have a disease ) and staying with it for sometime.
    Shahzad Ghani One likes this.
    11-23-2016 12:24 AM
    For one handed use in texting I either use SwiftKey for swiping or the stock keyboards excellent voice to text engine.
    For two handed writing always the stock keyboard!
    11-23-2016 02:11 AM
    I think the 5.5" is the better.
    11-23-2016 02:15 AM
    I love the smaller variant. The standard iPhone 7. It's just the perfect size to hold and is still portable. It seems the Plus variant always comes with the new features and while it is tempting, it would just be too rage for me so i would always go with the smaller one even if i lose one or 2 features.

I also tried the iPhone SE and wow, thats thing is small when you compare it to the 7 Plus
    11-23-2016 04:39 AM
    After holding out, I've moved to the 7+ a few days ago. For me the issue was my iPhone 6s going flat by 3pm every day, making it mandatory to carry the battery case. When I looked at the iPhone 7 with the battery case v the iPhone 7+ side by side.........it really wasn't that hard to make the choice to go large.

The comfort of typing and increased screen realestate is well worth it also, but for me it's all about battery life and how it feels in my pocket.........the iPhone 7+ is just better (for me) than the normal iPhone 7.

That said, I suspect that if they could get the iPhone 7S or 8 to a point where I can reliably get through a full day, I'd consider going back......but I'm not convinced I would.
    Truman82 likes this.
    11-23-2016 04:58 AM
    Fine with me as I don't need much battery and don't take much pics.
    11-23-2016 05:45 AM
106 1234 ...