How long did you wait for your Jet Black iPhone 7 plus?

Darkbandit

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I was actually surprised I was able to find a 7+ at a T-mobile store. Only bad part is I live in Charleston, it was in Savannah..so I killed last Sunday afternoon to go on an exploration

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Anyone that didn't get a 7 plus JB doesn't know what they are missing out on, what a piece of art this thing is, i have had all iPhones from the 4S and this one is the nicest, the grip is fantastic, so good to not have a slippery phone, the all black just looks so smick, will be caseless for me around the house/office and have a Apple black leather for when out, what a combo. Sure will get some light scratches but i am careful and don't use screen protectors, and have never damaged a phone.
Way better than the Black 7 i had. If you are on the fence just get one, no regrets here.

baileysqueen

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I managed to find a global tracker thats works. My phone is coming from China. No wonder its going to take so long. But the good thing is I have my phones serial number (its on my invoice) and i know where it is and even what flight its going to be on. So I can track it. Thats quite cool.

That does seem like a while. Hopefully the date will update as it moves through the system.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Anyone that didn't get a 7 plus JB doesn't know what they are missing out on, what a piece of art this thing is, i have had all iPhones from the 4S and this one is the nicest, the grip is fantastic, so good to not have a slippery phone, the all black just looks so smick, will be caseless for me around the house/office and have a Apple black leather for when out, what a combo. Sure will get some light scratches but i am careful and don't use screen protectors, and have never damaged a phone.
Way better than the Black 7 i had. If you are on the fence just get one, no regrets here.

I put a clear slickwraps on mine last night. It still has some air bubbles in it so I'll give it a couple days to see if they settle down. If not at least they included 2 so I can redo it.

baileysqueen

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Got an email today to say they sent me the wrong tracking details! The tracking details they gave me say the phone is in Eindhoven, Netherlands as of 7th Dec but it hasn't been picked up yet from DHL. Weird! As they say it was despatched a few days ago which fits in with the original tracking details which have tracked every day since and say its on its way to Netherlands.

My original shipping number is still on my order and when i use DHL global shipping tracking it says that says it wont be in Eindhoven until 10th December. So i have a feeling they are both linked. Perhaps one is the chinese tracking number on its way by plane to Eindhoven from Zhengzhou China???? Might have different waybill/housebill numbers?

I'm confused!

Last edited:

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I finally got my jet black plus yesterday and it's beautiful! The one thing that's driving me crazy is I had a Zagg Glass screen protector put on and it looks weird around the edges like it won't stick. When I had my rose gold plus I used the same screen protector and don't remember it looking that way. Maybe because the phone was white it wasn't noticeable? Anyway, they told me at Best Buy to keep running my finger around the edge and the heat of my finger would eventually get it to stay down. Idk if I believe that or not but whatever. It's still a gorgeous phone!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my jet black plus yesterday and it's beautiful! The one thing that's driving me crazy is I had a Zagg Glass screen protector put on and it looks weird around the edges like it won't stick. When I had my rose gold plus I used the same screen protector and don't remember it looking that way. Maybe because the phone was white it wasn't noticeable? Anyway, they told me at Best Buy to keep running my finger around the edge and the heat of my finger would eventually get it to stay down. Idk if I believe that or not but whatever. It's still a gorgeous phone!

Just return it and go to Apple and have them install the belkin glass with there machine. I've tried 3 Zagg's and none of them stick around the edges. Apples was perfect the first try.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Just return it and go to Apple and have them install the belkin glass with there machine. I've tried 3 Zagg's and none of them stick around the edges. Apples was perfect the first try.

I think that's a good idea. I'm about to take off for vacation and can't get to an Apple Store before I go. I'll have to leave the Zagg on there until I get back. I've got a battery for my daughter's 6s on order and we have to get installed. I can get the Belkin then. For what I paid for the Zagg it shouldn't look gross.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I think that's a good idea. I'm about to take off for vacation and can't get to an Apple Store before I go. I'll have to leave the Zagg on there until I get back. I've got a battery for my daughter's 6s on order and we have to get installed. I can get the Belkin then. For what I paid for the Zagg it shouldn't look gross.

Agreed. Highly recommend the belkin glass.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
So is it nice? was it worth the wait? @msm0511

It's really nice!!! For the first 24 hrs I used it naked. I really enjoyed handling it, but the fingerprints were rough. I've since put on a naked slickwraps skin, but I didn't take my time so there's some air bubbles in it. I've got another one I can apply if the bubbles don't work themselves out.

The phone itself is super fast, smooth, and responsive. I haven't really gotten a chance to test the camera much yet, but I'll try soon.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
On the truck for delivery today now I have to wait for the afternoon when the ups driver delivers in my area

Oh man do I hate UPS, they never get anything right. I waited all day Monday for the phone that was supposed to be "out for delivery" and as per typical with UPS, it never got onto the truck.

I ended up having them hold it at the local depot and picked it up Tuesday after waiting in line with 20 other people whose UPS deliveries were messed up.

Anyhow, love the

It really is beautiful and feels great in the hand. Now I need to get a couple thousand pictures onto it

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
For bigger purchases I always get them to hold them at the hub. Especially this time of year. It's really close to my house, and I don't have to wait all day for delivery.

Glad you love your new phone!

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
For bigger purchases I always get them to hold them at the hub. Especially this time of year. It's really close to my house, and I don't have to wait all day for delivery.

Glad you love your new phone!

I think in the future, I will take your advice and hold for pick up

As for loving the phone, since I came from a Blackberry, what's not to love?

baileysqueen

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Just had some good news. The shipment has arrived in Amsterdam and has been shipped to the UK . My local tracker is now working!

My local tracker its now saying delivery by the end of tomorrow! Original date was estimated at 19th.

I could be holding my new phone tomorrow or Wednesday!

*** EDIT - It arrived 10am this morning!! Tuesday 13th

its now 6.48pm and its still restoring from iCloud back up. I can use the phone and the storage used for photos is increasing I think its downloading every video and photo from iCloud that was ever uploaded! Hopefully it wont take too much longer but there is 2024 and 30 videos!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2