Coming home!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just ordered a Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB, and I feel like I'm coming home! I spent some time with a Note 7 which I would've kept, but oh well. Went with the S7 Edge after the discontinuation. I like it fine and I'll keep it, but something just doesn't feel right about it. I've got a 13 inch MBP w/ TB on order too to replace my aging 15 inch late 2011 MBP. Kinda wish I wouldn't have sold my Apple Watch now, but them's the breaks. Ha!

Anyway, quick question if anybody's tried it. Will a Note 7 charger (or any 2A charger) charge my 7 Plus faster?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. We've both gone back and forth between Apple and Android. I've basically been using my 6s Plus since last December and have been trying to go back to Android repeatedly over the last 4-5 months and just can't quite get myself to do it. I think I really need to just bite the bullet and admit I'm an Apple guy now. Probably should just pick up a 7 Plus, Apple TV, and some sort of iPad or Mac and make the full conversion complete...

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. We've both gone back and forth between Apple and Android. I've basically been using my 6s Plus since last December and have been trying to go back to Android repeatedly over the last 4-5 months and just can't quite get myself to do it. I think I really need to just bite the bullet and admit I'm an Apple guy now. Probably should just pick up a 7 Plus, Apple TV, and some sort of iPad or Mac and make the full conversion complete...

Same here. I didn't want to admit it. But I'm a apple guy. Come on to the 7+. My next investment is macbook.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Yup, we run into each other a good bit between here and the AC forums:p. I honestly thought I'd settled on the Note 7 for a while, but Sammy botched that one. I'm def more excited bout my backordered MBP coming in. My current one is barely hanging on. My MBP never supported Continuity or Handoff, so it'll be nice to give those a go.

I'll let you know what I think about both of them when they come in!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't like that the newer mbp's have all usb-c connections, no sd card slots, dongles dongles dongles for everything, so an older model.

My hard drive for backups will need a dongle, and I'll need to get a card reader w/ USB-C. But I'm thinking of picking up a new back up hard drive b/c my current one is just a cheaper one I picked up for an emergency situation when my current MBP crashed. I also subscribe to Backblaze for backups which I need to figure out how to switch over. Those are the only 2 peripherals I use with my current setup, so the dongle thing doesn't bother me too much. I get why it's a big deal for some though.

It'll be nice to have an iPhone and a current laptop to go along with my AppleTV b/c they work so smoothly together. I'm not giving up Android completely though. I've also got an S7 Edge and a Nextbit Robin for my Android fix.

Good luck with whatever model you pick! If you're anything like me, you'll always be looking for the next great thing coming. Ha!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been lurking the Note 7, S7Edge and Pixel forums on AC and I've seen both you and Wildo on there LOL. This time of year I always get the itch to try to go back to Android but I just can't do it. There's too many things I miss about iOS when I stop using it. Wildo just pick a phone man! You've got to be going crazy and I'm sure your wallet ain't happy haha.

Also msm your love the JB iPhone it's so freaking sexy.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome home Very jealous you're getting a new MacBook Pro. I'm interested to see just how useful the Touch Bar turns out to me in real world use.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been lurking the Note 7, S7Edge and Pixel forums on AC and I've seen both you and Wildo on there LOL. This time of year I always get the itch to try to go back to Android but I just can't do it. There's too many things I miss about iOS when I stop using it. Wildo just pick a phone man! You've got to be going crazy and I'm sure your wallet ain't happy haha.

The only place you'll see me is in the Pixel forums. I do like that phone. But you can't buy the one I want right now. And you know we have problems. We're working to fix them. My wallet is very angry with me. Well, my credit card and PayPal credit account sure are!

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Welcome home Very jealous you're getting a new MacBook Pro. I'm interested to see just how useful the Touch Bar turns out to me in real world use.

TBH I came pretty close to getting the model w/o the Touch Bar, but once I configured the storage/RAM I needed there wasn't a huge jump in price. Not when I factored in how long a laptop lasts. But I'm interested to try it out.

The waiting is killing me though! My 7 Plus isn't shipping til 12/07-12/28 and my MBP is currently sitting at 12/20-12/26 delivery.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Thanks!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The only place you'll see me is in the Pixel forums. I do like that phone. But you can't buy the one I want right now. And you know we have problems. We're working to fix them. My wallet is very angry with me. Well, my credit card and PayPal credit account sure are!

My wallet yells at me every time I get near it!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I kept Target in business this weekend. Whoops! Picked up a Series 1 Watch, a 32gb Apple TV, and a 32gb iPad Pro 9.7. The one bank account is a bit angry right now...

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yup! My new MBP got here Thursday. I still like Android, it's just that iOS feels more comfortable. I've been looking for an Apple Watch on sale. Not having much luck though.

Yeah. I'm the same way anymore. I also got the collection of Apple gear during Black Friday so I'm pretty set. Android will always have a place for me, but I really think I prefer the direction of Apple and iOS.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I should've jumped on another Apple Watch during the Black Friday sales. My MBP and my 7 Plus hadn't shipped at that time though, and I couldn't justify buying the watch at that time. I almost bought an OG Space Black w/ link bracelet one the other day for 350 b/c the band alone cost more than that. I figured that would hold me over till I got a Series 2.
Yeah. I'm the same way anymore. I also got the collection of Apple gear during Black Friday so I'm pretty set. Android will always have a place for me, but I really think I prefer the direction of Apple and iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR