How many are really stoked about their 7 Plus...more than they thought they'd be?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Maybe it's because I blew off the 6s Plus last year because I was put off by it's size and percieved lack of comfortable portability, and maybe it's because I jumped into the deep end by returning my 7 for the 7 Plus with two days left of my return window...which forced me to get comfortable with the Plus...I don't know, but I am really extremely happy with my choice to opt for the larger iPhone. I really like the screen size, really like the two-speaker sound, really like the larger type and ease of reading text...and have had no issues doing most all of the stuff I did on my 7 with one hand just as easily on my Plus. Really, aside from it being a bit long due to the bezels, and a bit heavy...I can't think of anything I don't like about the phone. :)

Are there any out there who went for the Plus this year and are really liking it a lot more than they thought they would?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't have said it better. I went from the 6 to the 7 Plus and don't regret for one second doing so. What a great device. And yes I am enjoying it even more than I thought I would.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Oh I do!
I had the 6s Plus and swore I'd skip this gen. but it got the best of me
I even thought I'd stay with Rose Gold and I ended up getting the Jet Black!

That dual camera, and extra GB of RAM really makes a difference. So do dual speakers!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The device is awesome, in my opinion, but I can't say that I like it "more than I thought I would". Coming from an iPhone 6S Plus, I mean, I expected to enjoy iPhone 7 Plus in the manner that I am. Now in regard to the iPhone 7, I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would....

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The device is awesome, in my opinion, but I can't say that I like it "more than I thought I would". Coming from an iPhone 6S Plus, I mean, I expected to enjoy iPhone 7 Plus in the manner that I am. Now in regard to the iPhone 7, I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would....

Same here, can't say I like it the 7 Plus "more than I thought I would" having used the 6 Plus and 6s Plus, it's exactly what I thought it would be. I do enjoy the Plus's more than the regulars though.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
As silly as it sounds feature I like the most is actually being able to hear on the phone on my 7+. 6S+ for some reason wasn't loud/couldn't hear anything

I am and am not excited about camera. I'm hoping all my problems with it are software and not hard ware related. Picture quality seems extremely inconsistent and indoor pics tend to have much more noise than I would've expected. I do find it capable of taking extremely good pictures at times however.

Extra battery life is nice. I don't watch battery life like crazy but I know after a day of work I've been coming home with it at 50-60% and my 6S+ would've been nearly dead by the same point in my day.

I don't notice it being significantly "faster" if you will either so I'll have to take the 100s of reviews word for it that say it is

Overall happy with it but feel the camera isn't a step forward myself. Everything else about it, including the new black color, I do however like and or find as a improvement. I guess one last thing I should say Is I REALLY appreciate storage bump to 256gb.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I came from a Nexus 6P to the 7+ and I am happier with the phone than I thought I would be. I thought that I would miss the customization but oddly enough I really don't. I actually spend more time using my phone now instead of trying to customize it. I will say that the sound from the dual front facing speakers on the 6P were better but the difference is not anything to complain about in my opinion. Overall I'm very happy with the switch and am more stoked about the awesome cases that I can now purchase. iPhone owners always have the best cases and I was always secretly jealous of that.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really liking my 7+ having had it for about two months now. I don't think it's the phone I'm growing tired of but the OS. Don't really plan on jumping ships anytime soon. But I may give a strong glance at what Samsung brings early next year.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I came from a Nexus 6P to the 7+ and I am happier with the phone than I thought I would be. I thought that I would miss the customization but oddly enough I really don't. I actually spend more time using my phone now instead of trying to customize it. I will say that the sound from the dual front facing speakers on the 6P were better but the difference is not anything to complain about in my opinion. Overall I'm very happy with the switch and am more stoked about the awesome cases that I can now purchase. iPhone owners always have the best cases and I was always secretly jealous of that.

I am in the same boat. Nexus 6P user here and I love my 7+. I just use my phone now and I never worry about battery and no need to shut bluetooth and GPS off to get good battery life. Life is so much easier now that I don't bother with those settings and just go along with my day.

I'm very happy about my phone.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
The situation as described here seems similar to the transition from iPhone 4s to iPhone 5 ? they look similar and aren't that different on paper, but in day-to-day-usage the improvements are very noticeable?

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I went from the 5s to the 7+ so it was a huge jump. I haven't looked back. This thing is a beast. I'm completely happy w/ my purchase.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I think I need to redirect my urge to buy new gadgets to other things than smartphones. I'm perfectly happy with the 7 plus but I know the "need" for new gadget will arise in me again. Every time I regret leaving iPhone for Android.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I went from a 6 to a 7+, and I'm absolutely loving it. Larger size, more RAM, better screen, and 3D touch are all huge upgrades, not to mention it's just way faster than my old one. And I've been taking a ton of Portrait mode shots. I know a lot of people were disappointed that this was the 3rd year with the same basic styling, but to me the sheer number of internal improvements more than makes up for it.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I initially returned my 7+ less than 24 hours after having it. But yes I am so happy I have it again. Its such a sigh of relief when i return back to apple. When I have android its setup just like an iphone. Might as well get the real thing. I love it, even converted a few family members and friends to Apple.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm pretty much indifferent. My only complaint is that the phone runs iOS 10 which is what makes me sort of regret my decision to let go of my 6S Plus which was still running iOS 9. But of course it's not like it's something I can't live with. It's a great phone.

donkiluminate

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I had a 6s+ and sold it for a Galaxy S7 Edge. After 6 months I decided I couldn't stand Android. Now after having my 7+ for about a month I can't beleive how much I like this phone. I wasn't really enamored with my 6s+ but I really like my 7+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR