Spigen Cases leave imprints on back of iPhone 7 plus.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
What made you guys not default back to the S7E, just curious to hear

Love Samsung phones but the edge screens I have no use for. They are just an accident waiting to happen. Also love wireless charging but hate the glass back.
I went through 4 different Edge phones and was just done with them. The iTurd 7 Plus plain just works and I'm very happy with it.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Love Samsung phones but the edge screens I have no use for. They are just an accident waiting to happen. Also love wireless charging but hate the glass back.
I went through 4 different Edge phones and was just done with them. The iTurd 7 Plus plain just works and I'm very happy with it.
iTurd... Lol. Do you miss the display quality of the edge? That's all I am really committed to bc it blows the iPhone out of the water, but many have said the iPhone screen is still nice. Battery for one is a winner on the iPhone.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
iTurd... Lol. Do you miss the display quality of the edge? That's all I am really committed to bc it blows the iPhone out of the water, but many have said the iPhone screen is still nice. Battery for one is a winner on the iPhone.

I didn't realize just how much better Samsung's screens are until a friend of mine was showing me pictures from his honeymoon in Hawaii on his S6. The screen quality was absolutely incredible. But the iPhone display is really good too, just not as good.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I didn't realize just how much better Samsung's screens are until a friend of mine was showing me pictures from his honeymoon in Hawaii on his S6. The screen quality was absolutely incredible. But the iPhone display is really good too, just not as good.
It's nice seeing people you have conversed with on both ends, makes me feel like I'm not the only indecisive person! I do like android, but I think the pros outweigh the cons with an ios device. My entire family has iPhones, I have a toddler and always want to share videos with fam, forced everyone into using whatsapp. It works well, but cmon iMessage is just the best I really miss it. I have an iPad, a MacBook... Just makes sense to settle on the iPhone once and for all. The galaxy line is awesome but the gimmicks are just unrealistic and I find myself getting too involved with customization on a daily basis.

Maybe you guys can answer this one concern of mine. My family uses my iPad a lot when babysitting for my little guy and I get a slew of messages during the day, rather them not see them when they are using my iPad! Any way to set iMessage app to require a fingerprint or some type of privacy?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you guys can answer this one concern of mine. My family uses my iPad a lot when babysitting for my little guy and I get a slew of messages during the day, rather them not see them when they are using my iPad! Any way to set iMessage app to require a fingerprint or some type of privacy?

I think turning imessage off on the iPad is the only way to prevent that.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the spigen liquid armor and it leaves a imprint on the back of
My phone. It's actually somewhat hard to rub off. But comes off. I use my silicone case 99% because of what the spigen does to the back of my phone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Which then defeats the purpose of having iMessage sync throughout all Apple devices lol

They also will not be deleted, you'd have to delete them each time, and not get them back without a restore from backup. You can turn off notifications, and allow it to sync (at least that way it won't pop up on the screen all the time). Maybe hide the icon somewhere. Other than that, not much you can do.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
They also will not be deleted, you'd have to delete them each time, and not get them back without a restore from backup. You can turn off notifications, and allow it to sync (at least that way it won't pop up on the screen all the time). Maybe hide the icon somewhere. Other than that, not much you can do.
Well that is a good suggestion I guess to shut off the notifications. But I think Apple really needs to implement that type of security better being that everything like photos and messages sync across multiple devices in a household. Not saying I need to hide thing, but I like keeping my personal business private and don't need family members seeing my discussions with my husband! I feel that it would be as easy as having to use your fingerprint each time to open the app, is that so difficult? Just like you need your fingerprint for a banking app. It's definitely doable and would just be an optional added feature, not one that you must do.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Well that is a good suggestion I guess to shut off the notifications. But I think Apple really needs to implement that type of security better being that everything like photos and messages sync across multiple devices in a household. Not saying I need to hide thing, but I like keeping my personal business private and don't need family members seeing my discussions with my husband! I feel that it would be as easy as having to use your fingerprint each time to open the app, is that so difficult? Just like you need your fingerprint for a banking app. It's definitely doable and would just be an optional added feature, not one that you must do.
Apple doesn't want you sharing an iPad. It wants you to buy another iPad, ideally one per each user. Note that I am not being cynical. This is really true. Despite years of calls to make the iPad multi-user and even moves in that direction it still has not so much as even been hinted at for consumers.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Apple recently announced an update that allowed schools to have iPads in classes with kids able to log in and get their own stuff (managed IDs). Rumors were it would make its way to home users as well but nothing yet.

https://www.apple.com/education/it/#mn_p

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know man. That looks pretty dope. Looks like Spider-Man gave birth to a Matte Black iPhone. I'd be trying to get my phone to look like that permanently lol.

I have a Spigen case though and haven't had this issue.

lol

I thought Spidey as well!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Which then defeats the purpose of having iMessage sync throughout all Apple devices lol

You could possibly put those conversations on DND. Then the notifications won't pop up on your iPad. You'd of course have to do this for each individual conversation you don't want to display and this wouldn't work on new messages. But for those reoccurring conversations it's a thought, maybe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2