How is the Jet Black holding up?

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I like many jumped in quick and settled for matte black to get our hands on first.

But I really wanted that Jet black...how's the finish holding up? Is it still great looking? Is the grip still as awesome as what people claim?

erichards2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
My friend has one, and the back is scratch resistant, but has already started having scratch marks on it from objects such as his keys from his pocket. Wouldn't be a problem if you got a clear case for it.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have mine in an Otterbox Symmetry case. I have taken it out a couple times just to see how it is holding up. It still looks as good as the day I took it out of the box. I do have a Gear4 leather case coming next week for it and am waiting for Gear4 to introduce their clear case. Should be in two weeks or so and then I will get one of those so I can show my JB phone. But I was surprised it is holding up amazingly well.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been using mine naked since launch and while it does have micro scratches that can only be seen in certain light, it looks fantastic!

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Tech21 EVO on mine, and I have a few scratches on the bottom on the back of the phone behind the charge port.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
My dad has got one and with very very little and careful use it looks basically new…
So, it is possible to keep it pristine, but I'm not sure it's worth the ways you'd have to restrict your usage.
Best option: Buy it for the grippyness, don't care about resale-value, and learn to live with scratches.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My Jet Black 7 Plus is "holding up" great. No scratches to be found. Occasionally I remove it from my Otterbox Commuter to admire it's beauty, but I never leave my home without protection.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is holding up really nice. I keep it in the Apple leather case and unless it's in a direct line of sunlight you'd never know there was a single scratch on the phone. Even in the sunlight though the scratches are minimal.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It's holding up great. I got a spigen thin fit jet black case on it and it looks fantastic. Occasionally I'll get real gutsy and take it out of the case. Just to peek. Then right back in it goes...

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Just had my my matt black 7+ exchanged for a Jet Black and literally within few hours it has scratches at the top..will continue to use it and exchange it back for the matt version when I can reserve stock..

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 7 Plus is almost flawless. I have one teeny scuff that you really cannot see unless you know where to look. I only use a case when I plan on needing to set in down a lot. Otherwise I simply slide it back into my pants pocket--is slides in and out much easier without a case. The phone is just so striking it deserves to be seen & not hidden in a case all the time.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't have the Plus but I have the jet black 7. I got it end of September. It's holding up very well. A couple of minor micro abrasions but nothing that seems to concern me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2