How to disable vibrate on GMAIL app while phone is on silent mode?

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't really get bothered by random vibrations from notifications on my phone during the night, but I get. TON Of email through the Gmail app, that that causes my phone to vibrate way too much.

I didn't see an option in the gmail settings or in the notifications setting area of the phone.

I suppose that the do not disturb mode would also achieve this, but I would like the vibrations to stop ONLY for the gmails.

Am I missing something? Are there any tricks to resolve this issue?

Thanks!!

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
You can alway disable push and instead use fetch? If you put it on manual it won't disturb you at all until you look for yourself.
Under settings/mail are those options for the standart mail app, I don't use the gmail app so I don't know if it can be set there too. But disabling push is just one switch, then it will automatically go to the fetch schema you configured.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't really get bothered by random vibrations from notifications on my phone during the night, but I get. TON Of email through the Gmail app, that that causes my phone to vibrate way too much.

I didn't see an option in the gmail settings or in the notifications setting area of the phone.

I suppose that the do not disturb mode would also achieve this, but I would like the vibrations to stop ONLY for the gmails.

Am I missing something? Are there any tricks to resolve this issue?

Thanks!!

If you have your phone set to vibrate while ringing then everything will vibrate on silent if you have them set for sound in the notification tab in your phone settings. I have my Gmail set to not make sound and mine doesn't vibrate when I have the phone set to vibrate.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
If you have your phone set to vibrate while ringing then everything will vibrate on silent if you have them set for sound in the notification tab in your phone settings. I have my Gmail set to not make sound and mine doesn't vibrate when I have the phone set to vibrate.

Good call.

Thanks everyone.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I get enough junk in my email that I don't want it to ever make a sound. I check my phone enough that I wouldn't miss something for very long.
I use the stock email app which lets me set notification for vip senders only. However the stock email app will poll at 15 minutes max..

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
One thing that annoys me is that within the Gmail app you can't change the ringtone when you get an email notification. I'm not talking about the built in apple email app but Google's Gmail app for iOS which just got an awesome update and now looks and functions just like it did on my android devices. I don't know if that's Google to blame or apple? Why can't I change the notification from its default?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro